The official vent thread; Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Personal fouls will always be enforced regardless of whether the play is live or blown dead.
No doubt. But the logic of the ruling is lacking, considering Jenkins' return never happened. That and the interpretation on the PF on Sims, since he was blocking for Jenkins on his return.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I never expected to win today. As I said earlier, Clemens would get exposed big time today. Cards are home and playing for something. It's over for us.

Thing now is, how does Fisher handle the last 3 games? He is playing out the string with nothing to play for, except to evaluate players and coaches, and prepare for next year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Well, we're knocked out of the playoffs...again. At this rate, Fisher's not going to be coaching here for long, and Snead's going to go with him. And we have a bunch of bone-headed dumbasses who can't pull their freaking heads out of their freaking asses and stop giving the freaking opponent free yardage with their freaking penalties. My freaking fate, the penalties.

At this point, I'm worried that this coaching staff and front office is yet another failure who can't turn this team around.

Do you honestly think Kroenke will fire these guys if they lose again next year? I don't see that at all.

V3

Hall of Fame
I posted in another thread about not being sure about whether Schotty should stay or go but I have to say, he's not the answer. This offense will never flourish with him calling plays. Not impressed with him, Walton, the DB coach, or the WR coach. Heck, I'm really not all that impressed with Fisher, either. The Rams are the most penalized team in the NFL. Stupid penalties are on the HC. Fisher's team were known for that crap in Tennessee too. I can't stand when teams take stupid penalties game after game. Fisher obviously doesn't care whether they take penalties or not or he'd have done something about it by now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Do you honestly think Kroenke will fire these guys if they lose again next year? I don't see that at all.

I don't see it either... And I don't want them fired!

I have faith in those guys. I'm interested to see how they respond in the off season. But I am sick of the undisciplined play!

V3

Hall of Fame

I agree with you that Fisher and Snead won't be fired after next year even if they have another poor year. But if the Rams do suck again, he should be fired. The amount of picks they've had to improve this team(not to mention the money spent of FA's) should have shown something by that time. If not, then it's on them.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I stopped watching after the 1st half. After the Janoris no call I knew the Rams had no chance. Really sucked the interest out of me. Tired of bad officiating. Once in a while on a bad call might happen but it's a weekly basis multiple times a game.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't see it either... And I don't want them fired!

I have faith in those guys. I'm interested to see how they respond in the off season. But I am sick of the undisciplined play!

Even if they have another year like this year? If they repeat this crap next year, they need to go.

A55VA6

Legend
Here's my vent:

Fire this idiot. :mad:
tim_walton.jpg

And our offense sucks. Schotty continues to give Tavon 1 play and then sends him on crossing routes for the rest of the game. Fire Schotty too. He's not the answer.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The rams fucking suck right now. Where the fuck has our defense gone? Where the fuck has our tackling gone?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Honestly? Yes. Robert Quinn is the only one who I've noticed marked improvement from. Just about everyone else has clearly regressed. We all know what the NFL really stands for. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. And this staff has not done much of anything to warrant my faith in them, especially not this year.

I'll be honest: I'm pissed. I expected more from Fisher and Snead and this so-called "all-star" coaching staff. I expected too much, apparently.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
My take on the penalties is that this team's being targeted by the officials who were sold a bill of goods by the NFL last year and since Fisher is on the rules committee, they're taking it out on him. IMO!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The Rams have done a lot to improve their effectiveness in the run game. They have also found a way to shore up the run game defensively, though I think they still need to keep working in that area.

Now, what I see as the biggest weaknesses are clearly the secondary and the LG spot. I think those two are equal needs. I still think they need to keep looking at the WR corps as well.

I keep holding out hope that Quick will click...what I saw with my own eyes at camp keeps telling me he has the ability. However, if I'm the Rams I take that potential in Quick as a bonus and make an effort to get a No.1 still. Same with Givens...yes, he looked awesome last season, but he hasn't at all this season. Obviously we have the slot solidified and I think Bailey is really putting together an effort to show he can be a viable No.2 on the outside.

In the secondary I believe Tru Johnson is our best corner. He has strength, size, and speed. He isn't dominant but he is a competent starter. Jenkins can make the big play but he is hardly a No.1 corner. He gets beat often. I think we need to use an early pick on a corner in the draft. Safety is also a big need. Which makes me wonder...could Jenkins be a more effective FS? Just a wild idea as I sift thru all the nonsense.

Finally...LG. My god, Chris Williams has got to be the worst starter on our roster and probably one of the worst starting guards in football. Is Barrett Jones going to see some action soon? Why wasn't Saffold in at LG today?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
How long will us Rams fans have to wait for a winner? Although I'll never accept losing, I've become so accustomed to lackluster performances like today. Penalties, missed tackles, spotty protection, under performing high priced players (Finn/Cook/Wells) you name it. And the infuriating thing is that these have been problems for a decade. I'm not sold on Fish & I'm especially not sold on his coordinators & positions coaches. How can an organization be so incompetent in so many areas for so long?

All of this talent and how have we fared? Imo we have a handful of up & down players, and not enough CONSISTENT players. Jenks, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Kendricks, Cook, Tree either show up or don't.

How can Fisher continue to make excuses for penalties for his players instead of making them accountable? How can he support a defense that concedes 1st downs on 3rd and short by playing 5 yards off. How about asking guys like Harkey to block Mathis of Pettis to block Abraham? And offensively don't even get me started. He is loyal to a fault to his "guys", players and coaches alike. Will he make the tough decisions like cut Finn and fire Walton, or will be he be too proud to admit he's made a mistake? This is a team, even with a backup, that I've seen little progress in from 2012.

Even more frustrating is seeing the teams that have short turnarounds from being shitty teams and making the playoffs. Teams like the Skins, Panthers, Eagles, Vikings, Lions in recent years. Some or even all of these teams didn't/don't have as much talent as our team this year, but somehow, someway they found a way to make it to the dance. The Cards aren't gushing with talent, but I think they have more consistent young players than we do. Guys like Peterson, Williams, Washington, Floyd, Ellington, etc. I think the difference may be coaching. It just begs the question if (as much as I hate him) Belicheat had Jenks, Quick, Pead, etc. would he have more results?

I know I may sound a bit crazy, but I truly believe this is the case! How can there be this level of incompetence top to bottom in an organization?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We are now where we have been. Basement of nfc west. Outclassed by a bidwell team. Pass the morphine.
Yep. Its hard to stomach. I remain positive for the future and the current regime/young roster...BUT I'M SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING...and being in the division basement.

Dont bullshit yourself either...AZ has improved dramatically from last season and it makes me sick. This division is STACKED and yet here we are with a 5-8 record.

When was the last time we as fans could even hang our hat in December with even just a 7-4ish record? :confused:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How long will us Rams fans have to wait for a winner? Although I'll never accept losing, I've become so accustomed to lackluster performances like today. Penalties, missed tackles, spotty protection, under performing high priced players (Finn/Cook/Wells) you name it. And the infuriating thing is that these have been problems for a decade. I'm not sold on Fish & I'm especially not sold on his coordinators & positions coaches. How can an organization be so incompetent in so many areas for so long?

All of this talent and how have we fared? Imo we have a handful of up & down players, and not enough CONSISTENT players. Jenks, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Kendricks, Cook, Tree either show up or don't.

How can Fisher continue to make excuses for penalties for his players instead of making them accountable? How can he support a defense that concedes 1st downs on 3rd and short by playing 5 yards off. How about asking guys like Harkey to block Mathis of Pettis to block Abraham? And offensively don't even get me started. He is loyal to a fault to his "guys", players and coaches alike. Will he make the tough decisions like cut Finn and fire Walton, or will be he be too proud to admit he's made a mistake? This is a team, even with a backup, that I've seen little progress in from 2012.

Even more frustrating is seeing the teams that have short turnarounds from being shitty teams and making the playoffs. Teams like the Skins, Panthers, Eagles, Vikings, Lions in recent years. Some or even all of these teams didn't/don't have as much talent as our team this year, but somehow, someway they found a way to make it to the dance. The Cards aren't gushing with talent, but I think they have more consistent young players than we do. Guys like Peterson, Williams, Washington, Floyd, Ellington, etc. I think the difference may be coaching. It just begs the question if (as much as I hate him) Belicheat had Jenks, Quick, Pead, etc. would he have more results?

I know I may sound a bit crazy, but I truly believe this is the case! How can there be this level of incompetence top to bottom in an organization?

Hell of a good rant.

Good questions raised.

The penalties. The drops. The claim "players make the biggest leap from year 1 to 2". Something ain't right!

I want results!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
As of right now (which could change in 3 minutes) I say...

Hire a big name DC, stack the O Line in the draft, sign MJD/cut Pead.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm with you on the secondary I would not mind seeing both 1st round picks going there. I was also disappointed to see Saffold at tackle he has been playing well on the inside and I think we should have seen him shift to LG with Dahl and Barksdale on the right side.

Clemens paid the price today as there were few adjustments and they just didn;t get it done against Abrahms.

The other thing that is concerning to me is that for the second week in a row our defensive line was MIA. I though Quinn was being held pretty regularly and the only time he was mentioned was when he took his helmet off. I know Palmer was getting the ball out early and Fitzgerald was torching whoever was covering him but for the whole game and no adjustments? They have got to be able to change things up after a series or two and the basics are not working.

Hopefully this is not the beginning of mailing in the remain games.

A55VA6

Legend
Good post Nick. If Fisher doesn't cut ties with a few players or coaches (Especially Walton) to make this team better.. i'll really question if he's the answer going forward. Especially when he takes over play calling duties on defense in the middle of the game. Why keep a guy around when you have to do his job for him?