The official vent thread; Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Watching the Panther/Saints game and this happens:

DB covers receiver and wraps his arms around him completely before the ball get there, obvious PI. No flag ofc. What does the announcer(Cris Collinsworth) say? Oh, this is basically the playoffs for these guys, boys wlil be boys.

Who thinks the Rams get flagged for PI any game of this season for that? Such BS.

Im not blaming our loses on refs, but this crap pisses me off.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They said Sims went after the QB and that is not what I saw. I saw him turn and block the first guy that was going to try and make a tackle on the run back. It happened to be the QB. If they are going to say you can't block the QB on that play the QB should not be able to try and affect the run back. As soon as there is a turn over he should have to run to his sideline and go out of bounds.

Another dumbass rule the NFL should not have.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The problem was with them blowing the whistle in the first place. I really hate when they do that. If they had let the play out and reviewed it afterword, we would of had no penalty and possibly a td. Why do they always whistle a play dead when so much occurs, so dumb.

Thats penalty was also very stupid, he was trying to run down JJ and so it should be legal, for most teams no flag would of been thrown.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They said Sims went after the QB and that is not what I saw. I saw him turn and block the first guy that was going to try and make a tackle on the run back. It happened to be the QB. If they are going to say you can't block the QB on that play the QB should not be able to try and affect the run back. As soon as there is a turn over he should have to run to his sideline and go out of bounds.

Another dumbass rule the NFL should not have.

I was thinking the same thing at the time.

The key being, however, the play was ruled a TD before that call... It looked unnecessary.

Bad deal for the Rams.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm with you on the secondary I would not mind seeing both 1st round picks going there. I was also disappointed to see Saffold at tackle he has been playing well on the inside and I think we should have seen him shift to LG with Dahl and Barksdale on the right side.

Clemens paid the price today as there were few adjustments and they just didn;t get it done against Abrahms.

The other thing that is concerning to me is that for the second week in a row our defensive line was MIA. I though Quinn was being held pretty regularly and the only time he was mentioned was when he took his helmet off. I know Palmer was getting the ball out early and Fitzgerald was torching whoever was covering him but for the whole game and no adjustments? They have got to be able to change things up after a series or two and the basics are not working.

Hopefully this is not the beginning of mailing in the remain games.

It was evident. I honestly didn't think C Long got that many snaps and might've been banged up or something. We had to blitz more often for the lack of pressure and got burned. Both sides of the LOS got dominated. Both O and D units looked like shit. Can't say much for the coaching in this game either honestly.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They aren't the cause but do play a big part of in losses. They're momentum killers and completely demoralizing. Let them play fucking football.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Things that make you go HMMMMMMMM!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Win some games first, then you get respect. No one respect the Rams.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Its so difficult to be objective about penalties though (mainly because they are so subjectively called!). I bet every team in the league feels like they get more bad calls against them than anyone else.

I think if we're getting a lot of bad calls its two things;
1) Losing team/record. Refs don't worry so much when making the call as a bad ones not going to cost us a playoff place and be endlessly replayed on ESPN. Added to this - we are a small market team so the same rule applies.
2) We've got a rep for penalties.

Not saying the refs are intentionally doing this to us - I think its more a sub-conscious bias - but as I say - difficult to be objective about it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree. If you are going to pussify the QB to that point, make him lay down in the prone position as soon as a ball is fumbled or intercepted beyond the line of scrimmage.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm with you on the secondary I would not mind seeing both 1st round picks going there. I was also disappointed to see Saffold at tackle he has been playing well on the inside and I think we should have seen him shift to LG with Dahl and Barksdale on the right side.

Clemens paid the price today as there were few adjustments and they just didn;t get it done against Abrahms.

The other thing that is concerning to me is that for the second week in a row our defensive line was MIA. I though Quinn was being held pretty regularly and the only time he was mentioned was when he took his helmet off. I know Palmer was getting the ball out early and Fitzgerald was torching whoever was covering him but for the whole game and no adjustments? They have got to be able to change things up after a series or two and the basics are not working.

Hopefully this is not the beginning of mailing in the remain games.
Well, the Dline did pretty well against the run today. However, I think their lack of effectiveness against the pass has a lot to do with the secondary and how teams are game planning.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good post Nick. If Fisher doesn't cut ties with a few players or coaches (Especially Walton) to make this team better.. i'll really question if he's the answer going forward. Especially when he takes over play calling duties on defense in the middle of the game. Why keep a guy around when you have to do his job for him?
Wait,,,what? Did this really happen today? I was working and had local Cardinals radio on.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, the Dline did pretty well against the run today. However, I think their lack of effectiveness against the pass has a lot to do with the secondary and how teams are game planning.

My take too. Cards were passing deep into the game with a lead. They liked the matchup there, apparently.

V3

Hall of Fame
Honestly? Yes. Robert Quinn is the only one who I've noticed marked improvement from. Just about everyone else has clearly regressed. We all know what the NFL really stands for. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. And this staff has not done much of anything to warrant my faith in them, especially not this year.

I'll be honest: I'm pissed. I expected more from Fisher and Snead and this so-called "all-star" coaching staff. I expected too much, apparently.

That's the thing. You didn't. What you expected is perfectly reasonable. The culture in St. Louis has been corrupted so much that it accepts failure.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Very disappointing performance from our D, our O, and our coaching staff. It's starting to look like some coaching and philosophy changes might me needed. Our DC must be in way over his head. OC must know he is hanging by a thread. And Fisher has got to know the spot light is headed his way soon.

A55VA6

Legend
Wait,,,what? Did this really happen today? I was working and had local Cardinals radio on.
I saw Fisher on the sideline holding the defensive play card in the 3rd qtr and held the card in front of his face and brought it back down. Certainly looked like he was calling the plays. I hadn't seen him do much of this before.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That single run play for Tavon was exciting. Yeah, it took almost 3 full quarters but there were a whole 2 receiving targets too. Unfortunately, none designed to get him the ball in the open.

You can call run up the middle with the best of them! :bigup:

V3

Hall of Fame
I saw Fisher on the sideline holding the defensive play card in the 3rd qtr and held the card in front of his face and brought it back down. Certainly looked like he was calling the plays. I hadn't seen him do much of this before.

I had given up by then. Interesting tid-bit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting. Tbh this could be a nice development.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, we're knocked out of the playoffs...again. At this rate, Fisher's not going to be coaching here for long, and Snead's going to go with him. And we have a bunch of bone-headed dumbasses who can't pull their freaking heads out of their freaking asses and stop giving the freaking opponent free yardage with their freaking penalties. My freaking fate, the penalties.

At this point, I'm worried that this coaching staff and front office is yet another failure who can't turn this team around.

Fisher will be coaching through NEXT year.
At least.