The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is true, but my contention is that Shotty doesn't know how to prepare his squad. Add to that Fisher's undisciplined team and well....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This group was such a huge disappointment today... High expectations and it's been the complete opposite of what most of us expected. This and penalties have killed us today... I don't think the defense was that bad today, we couldn't do anything on offense. Defense is gana let up when we can't move the ball down the field, they have to be tired out there. Just disappointing on the offensive side of the ball...

Agree, the D wasn't the problem. They weren't great, but they were basically containing AP and keeping Cassell in check, and if the O could have done something in the first half the whole complexion of the ball game would change. We lost this game in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The O line play was very disappointing, to say the least! I was lead to believe that their play would be better than the beginning of last year and it wasn't! Where do they go from here?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally agree. It doesn't matter who we draft people are saying we need to get Patterson but all his plays came off of sweeps he isn't a wr. He just has a great play caller that knows how to utilize him. We would be saying the same thing about Austin if he played on a different team.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I am....disappointed.

The team was not prepared for this game. I won't hold this against the defense so much because the offense was so terrible that those guys had to be exhausted. But the Vikes knew how to attack the D anyway--run, screens, quick throws. But the Rams offense did not have answers for Zimmer's defense. The defense was clearly crowding the line. It was obvious they were focused on the run. So Hill comes out throwing--hits a nice one to Quick. They seem to have something and then on a second down with everyone expecting a run--they run. The offensive line struggles to move the defensive line, they can't pass protect and the little gimmicks: Austin in the backfield, a little reverse to Givens...well...that went no where fast.

They couldn't seem to come up with any other answers.

Mistakes. Again. Mistakes. Missed FG.

I believe Fisher will fix a lot of it and in three or four more games they'll look better--and of course they'll be into a tough schedule by then and missed an opportunity for a fast start.

Davis was awful. I just don't see much hope there. Get Keenum ready fast.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I just hate Schotty.

There's a scene from the movie tropic thunder where less grossman has a key grip punch the producer of his movie. I so want to do that with schotty. He's terrible and I just hate his face.

VARam

I was a football fan before I was a Rams fan, maybe I'll just have to watch other teams and try to enjoy the game a little bit again.
yep. I echo this as well. I'm in the middle of redskins and panther countries. I'm leaning towards the latter team because Washington is waaay too dysfunctional. it'll be like rooting for the Rams again.

I want to enjoy my autumn Sundays again.

V3

Hall of Fame
A lot of this still goes back to the drafting and/or coaching. I'm still not convinced with the drafting by this regime. Yes, it's better than the last regime but that doesn't prove anything. It's still not good enough and there have been some major misses that will prevent this team from being where it could/should have been. I really could go on a tirade about multiple players but I'm trying my best to bite my tongue. How many teams have had the luxury of 3 extra top picks over three years? It's like he hardly have anything to show for it.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We held them to 6 points in the first half. But no adjustments on offense I swear I felt like I kept watching the same plays over and over again, the best thing this team could do is go out get a offensive coordinator, you can still play smash mouth football but your offense has to be competent and so do your oc right now neither are

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm not a big fan of Schottenheimer and he hasn't helped himself much in my opinion. After this season, I'd like to take an innovative college guy at OC like Gus Malzahn or Mark Helfrich who have versatilities in their offensive game and bring something fresh. Doesn't have to be one of those guys, but somebody fresh and more original in that style.

bskrilla

Starter
Also I'm starting to wonder if there's a particular reason that it seem liks Fisher's teams play preseason football several weeks into the regular season. Fucking weird.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I would say our offense is vanilla, but vanilla is a flavor. It is used to enhance the taste of food. I imagine this offense tastes more like cardboard.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A lot of this still goes back to the drafting and/or coaching. I'm still not convinced with the drafting by this regime. Yes, it's better than the last regime but that doesn't prove anything. It's still not good enough and there have been some major misses that will prevent this team from being where it could/should have been. I really could go on a tirade about multiple players but I'm trying my best to bite my tongue. How many teams have had the luxury of 3 extra top picks over three years? It's like he hardly have anything to show for it.
I disagree. The talent is there. Preparation is disgraceful on offense IMO.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Gentlemen - week one didn't go to plan. I guess we won't go 16-0 but the season can't be considered lost just yet!

I wish I had an outlook like this. But maybe I'm just a realist. Based off what I saw today against one of the worse teams on the schedule, we'll be lucky to win 2 games at the most.

khel72

Rookie
My thoughts right now. This team and front office is horrible top to bottom. Les Snead drafts high ceiling players that can't play when this team needs help now. Austin is a bust and GRob looks like it too. Fisher has lost this team, no other excuse for all the bad play and stupid penalty. He did get rid of Walton but refuses to admit Shitty is a horrible OC. The team, well doesn't really look like it bothers them to get smashed at home against a bottom feeder NFL team. They should donate their paychecks to charity cuz nobody earned em. Ok I'm done

Philly5

Rookie
Looks like we still have no idea how to get Austin the ball in spots where he can do something.

Stupid penalties at the worst times.

It is either talent, coaching, or both.