The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey guys I don't know where to put this but I just found something out. You can get Sunday ticket anywhere if you know a student in college or if you are a student in college all you need is name and birthday and the name of the college they attend. you can pay a 1 time charge of 100 of 4 pymnts of 24.99. I haven't seen this mentioned I just did it and signed up for it myself

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm celebrating anyway...

59b48f01c7910754776556.gif

The only sadness I feel right now is the ultimate demise of the Official Aaron Donald Holdout thread. :(
Yeah, I hope he doesn't bring his financial butthurt onto the field with him when he does get back out there. I don't want to get the feeling that he's jakin' it out there one bit. Since I can't go to game two, I'll have some time to cool off before I see McDuck on the Coliseum turf.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Disagree.

A) Football is one of the most important things to me, if I could play, there's absolutely nothing that would keep me from playing, aside from injury.
B) Finances? That's the excuse? What's the difference had he shown up two days ago? He would have played tomorrow, and been in the same position he is now.
C) We have team control for upto 4 more years. His finances will get better, because we're going to do him a favour and give him a new deal.

Donald may "like" football. But he sure doesn't love it.

So let me get this right: You're saying that a dude who has devoted his entire life to the game of football doesn't love it, because (in your opinion), he values money and financial security over playing-- based solely on the fact that if you could play, nothing would stop you from playing. Ok.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
One would think with the return of Aaron Donald that this would be a celebration thread, instead of a "I'm smarter than you" pissing contest among some of our members.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Attack the post not the one who made it.
Fuck your post.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So holding out for more money is okay if the entire group does it, but it's not okay if one player does it?

Take the emotions away and look at the situation rationally.

Easy for you to post sir, you're a lawyer, you have no emotion.;)

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Hey man...with all due respect.....Get the freak outa here with that crap.:redcard:

Let the fans vent without all the nuetural switzerland bs, eh? We'll all move on in due time and then you can be anal about your pronouns again. (y)

Great post-- good to know the boundaries on this forum are super lax.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
So let me get this right: You're saying that a dude who has devoted his entire life to the game of football doesn't love it, because (in your opinion), he values money and financial security over playing-- based solely on the fact that if you could play, nothing would stop you from playing. Ok.

Yes, because players don't walk away from the game early, ever, because they don't have the passion anymore. Sound logic.

You conveniently ignored the actual comments about his decisions. But good shit, you took a shot at a fan for saying he loves football. Pat yourself on the back big boy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
My guess is he showed up today at the latest to maximize his leverage for a new deal without losing a game check. Had he shown up at the beginning of the week, he would have lost a week of leverage where the Rams were possibly sweating him missing multiple games.

As a player, Donald waited the extra few days to see if the Rams would blink. I wouldn't have advised Donald any differently in this contract negotiation (given that he didn't like the offer on the table).

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Yes, because players don't walk away from the game early, ever, because they don't have the passion anymore. Sound logic.

Usually after a career, and not three years in with a player of Donald's caliber. It could happen, though. But that's not the root of your argument. You said Donald doesn't love the game because you love the game, and if you could play, nothing would keep you away from it. Not sure why you're getting defensive when I just repeated your argument. My reply was that the situation is different, because Donald has to approach this as a business decision, because his actions could secure his family financially for future generations. One situation is real, and one is hypothetical.

But good crap, you took a shot at a fan for saying he loves football. Pat yourself on the back big boy.

Where did I take a shot at anyone? Quote me, please.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So let's put this under a microscope of Donald's agent Todd France. Who advises Joey Bosa to hold out because of the language of the current CBA for rookies and nothing changes, Bosa signs the contract that the Chargers put in front of him on day one and Bosa gets injured and misses time last year for the San Diego Chargers.

This year France advises his client Aaron Donald to hold out because he's underpaid and not only does he hold out during preseason, but advises his client to report late so he misses the first game and still no extension even though it's been reported the Rams offered a lucrative contract even though Donald still had two years remaining on his current contract.

Now sorry I will eventually forgive Donald, but I don't understand the end game of France, you can't change the CBA and you have to work within the parameters of what the players agreed to even though you feel, it's a bad agreement. Advising clients to miss time and not gain anything from it, IMHO, is providing horrendous representation and I hope France is burned in effigy and again, JMHO.
DC0692C8A33D464F945F0B48AC0AC7B6.ashx

Zodi

Hall of Fame
but I don't understand the end game of France

I'm not sure, either. I mean obviously it was to threaten a holdout in order to get a larger deal, right? Did he think Demoff and Snead were going to give in to whatever demands? But at the same time, he knows the Rams cap situation for the 2017 season. Maybe it was just a warning, eg "Get it done before next season."

Perhaps he is hoping to push AD to the front of the line when it comes to extensions-- ahead of Ogletree, Tru, etc?

I'm happy AD is back. But I would've much preferred if the headline read, "AD fires agent, reports to team, passes physical."

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, actually it does. If he loved football so much, he'd have been here in time so he can play it. Training for football is nice and all, but it's not football.

I get that point of view in theory. Especially as an outsider that only sees him as a football player. And I'm struggling with it too a little bit. But in actuality, I feel that it's more complicated than "he didn't show up for week 1, must not truly love football."

Does he play for money? Absolutely he does. Does he play for the love of football? I say absolutely he does as well. He's human too and I'm sure he gets greedy at times and feels that even if he loves to play football, he wants to provide for his family as best as he can and wants to be paid like the player he is.

I'm sure there are people out there that only love football and that's it. Willing to play and put his health at risk for no other incentive. Maybe you would be an example. But you have to understand that's not normal.

And also, what is love?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Perhaps he is hoping to push AD to the front of the line when it comes to extensions-- ahead of Ogletree, Tru, etc?

I'm not sure, I have a feeling every agent wants his client to be a free agent, well, players of Donald's caliber and that's why I believe that there will be a major strike after this current CBA expires.