The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't wanna see AD on the sidelines tomorrow that's for sure... I want the camera men and the announcers to concentrate on the guys on the field not the dude who showed up one day before the game

bnw

Pro Bowler
That reputation hit, possible resentment, and damage to your team though. It's not all positive. Don't get me wrong--I'm elated he's back. I think AD will get caught up in the WeNotMe train soon enough.:yay:
I don't think he'll get any resentment from the team. They all know the score. Each one of them is an independent contractor and they never know when the contract can end early.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It's actually 2 years. And the cba allows rookies to renegotiate their contracts after their 3rd season in the league. AD had a crack at it. Not gonna hold it against him. 1st round rookies really got screwed by the vets last go round in cba negotiations. Crazy that teams can make elite players play for peanuts in their prime playing years. I feel sick for ad, obj, Mack, etc.

Yeah I know. I was including a year for the franchise tag.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Much, very much, different circumstances
train

You mean Goff isn't gonna stand on the sideline in street clothes so he can experience what it's like to stand on the sideline during a nfl game? Watching offensive guru Rob boras call a perfect game, if your aim is to go 0 and 16.

Yes, much different.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Actually 2 years of the Tag. 4 years total.

Yeah but I think the second tag would actually cost more for that year, then his actual annual amount from an extension.

I guess it's hard to say though, since we don't know what his AAV is going to be.

nighttrain

Legend
You mean Goff isn't gonna stand on the sideline in street clothes so he can experience what it's like to stand on the sideline during a nfl game? Watching offensive guru Rob boras call a perfect game, if your aim is to go 0 and 16.

Yes, much different.

so different Boras,Fish, and all their soldiers are gone gone gone. Goff is a Snead McVay guy,never was a fisher person. brand new offense
train

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I know. I was including a year for the franchise tag.

It's in the rams best interest to work out a deal now. His price will only get higher with every passing year. The rams know the cba works against elite players playing on their rookie contracts. They will do the right thing and were always going to do the deal early. The franchise tag was never gonna be a consideration for them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It's in the rams best interest to work out a deal now. His price will only get higher with every passing year. The rams know the cba works against elite players playing on their rookie contracts. They will do the right thing and were always going to do the deal early. The franchise tag was never gonna be a consideration for them.

Fully agreed.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
That's what we said before the first game last year....(28-0)
Haha I didn't want to mention that either. I have a lot of memories to suppress....:sick::D

I'm like an oblivious mother when it comes to Rams players. I'll take their side over a teacher's. Can't nobody talk about my baby! :ROFLMAO:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
One would think with the return of Aaron Donald that this would be a celebration thread, instead of a "I'm smarter than you" pissing contest among some of our members.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Attack the post not the one who made it.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
so different Boras,Fish, and all their soldiers are gone gone gone. Goff is a Snead McVay guy,never was a fisher person. brand new offense
train
I have trying hard not to compare this year to 1999. But I can't help myself. The Rams bought in a new OC with his system and his qb. The #1 receiver from the previous year became #4, from no rb to Faulk. This year, the #1 and 2 receivers from the previous are gone, hopefully, our rb is back and the receivers that came in are way better than years past. New head coach with his offensive system and lots of energy, but inherited a qb. Lots of similarities. Now, off to drink more Kool Aid.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
One would think with the return of Aaron Donald that this would be a celebration thread, instead of a "I'm smarter than you" pissing contest among some of our members.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Attack the post not the one who made it.
I'm not celebrating somebody showing up for work. Particularly, when they're showing up, it appears, only to pick up a "free" paycheck.
I respect the player but I have very little respect for the man. While I do respect his "right" to make his choices, I don't respect what he has done with this holdout bs. I'll have to wait and see what he does once he gets his money, and we all know he will get paid an insane amount of money. I have so much more respect for the poor SOB that busted his @$$ to make this team who will now be waived to make room for Mr. McDuck.

Go RAMS!!!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Two business decisions are. Donald's decision to hold out, and the Rams' decision not to pay him.

But if we need Donald to beat the Colts when they're missing Luck, Kelly, and Vontae Davis, we suck.

There you go again starting that the Rams went pay him like it's a fact. They'll pay him on the contract they had already and they were trying to pay him on a new contract, too.

Just because AD wants something doesn't mean that he should get it. It also doesn't mean the Rams can provide it. They have limitations, especially with the cap this year.

And the Rams are in no way obligated to give him a contract extension. It's a really freaking good idea. It's an amazingly sound business decision, but they aren't obligated. They aren't required to. It isn't any different than when you work for a company with an NCA. You can't go anywhere, but maybe you can apply leverage to get more pay. If you're leverage doesn't work the company isn't required in any way to give you more just because you've earned it. Donald can't go work for anyone else right now. He can stop working, but that's all he's got on his side. The Rams have a legally binding document that says how much they will pay him. They aren't obligated to give him more. He's not entitled to any more. He deserves the hell out of it, but won't get it unless someone decided to do the right thing simply for the fact that it's the right thing and they want to see him at work.

And saying he showed up early for week two is the most asinine thing I've heard in a while. Your ignoring the fact that he showed up late for week one. Which I guess is okay if you're in the habit of ignoring facts in order to make a point. But he did show up late for week one, and he will still get paid for week one. It's a calculated dick move on his part. Smart, cunning, disrespectful to the team, disrespectful to his teammates, and disrespectful to the fans. If you don't feel disrespected by it, good for you, but the anybody else can without being considered misguided having people doubt our ability to reason.

Edit: I actually might have gone a touch too far there at the end. I got caught up in the moment. I don't think he was intentionally disrespectful to fans/teammates. However, he did disrespect the team as an organization by showing up when he did. And it wouldn't be unreasonable for teammates or fans to feel disrespected by extension of they feel a connection to the team.

Last edited:

Ramon Ram

Starter
and gets a sack or makes a few plays it will set the league and training camp back 20 years lol
Let him sit though we all would probably like to see him make a play

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not celebrating somebody showing up for work. Particularly, when they're showing up, it appears, only to pick up a "free" paycheck.
I respect the player but I have very little respect for the man. While I do respect his "right" to make his choices, I don't respect what he has done with this holdout bs. I'll have to wait and see what he does once he gets his money, and we all know he will get paid an insane amount of money. I have so much more respect for the poor SOB that busted his @$$ to make this team who will now be waived to make room for Mr. McDuck.

Go RAMS!!!

I'm celebrating anyway...

59b48f01c7910754776556.gif

The only sadness I feel right now is the ultimate demise of the Official Aaron Donald Holdout thread. :(

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
He's out. The team got an exemption for him. If he played, we'd have too many players on the roster.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I don't wanna see AD on the sidelines tomorrow that's for sure... I want the camera men and the announcers to concentrate on the guys on the field not the dude who showed up one day before the game
I'm happy my seats are on the other side of the field. McDuck on the sideline won't be a distraction for me!:yess:

Last edited:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, tomorrow, I think they are giving away free Rams shirts to the first 50,000 through the gates.