The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
YIPPY!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/09/aaron-donald-ends-holdout-reports-to-rams/

Aaron Donald ends holdout, reports to Rams
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2017, 2:19 PM EDT
513774674-e1504981184891.jpg

Getty Images
In a surprise move on the eve of the season, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has ended his holdout.

A league source tells PFT that Donald showed up today and passed his physical. He’s back with the team.

That comes as a surprise, just a day after Rams coach Sean McVay confirmed that Donald won’t play tomorrow against the Colts.

Donald was risking losing $106,014 a week while he was out, and he has apparently calculated that he’d rather not miss out on his weekly game checks. He still wants a long-term contract that makes him the highest-paid player in the NFL, and he still may get it. But for now he’s ready to go back to work, on his old contract.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the hell is wrong with me? I'm almost in tears! Holy Mother of God I love this team!

A55VA6

Legend
Very good news. Sucks that he's out for tomorrow's game, but I'm stoked that he's back and ready to go. Hope he gets his deal soon.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HEY PRIME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lolololol

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shoulda reported sooner so he coulda played but glad he is back

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 My hating on AD has stopped mostly....:rockon:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Don't be surprised if he still plays. I'm guessing McVay didn't expect to see him today.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Very good news. Sucks that he's out for tomorrow's game, but I'm stoked that he's back and ready to go. Hope he gets his deal soon.

As long as the deal doesn't kill the cap and prevent keeping his teammates so they can all join in the Lombardi trophies they are destined for.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Guess I'll welcome him back for the sake of the Rams, but I don't know if I'll ever see him in the same light that I did before this...I'm still very disappointed in him...I would guess his return is something money-related...He sure hasn't given a shit about the team to this point...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been saying it since he started his holdout. It wasn't just about the money. It was about not having to risk injury in TC and pre-season. Proof? He still doesn't have a renegotiated contract. For that, the Rams should enforce all the fines that entails. He's not the first Ram to use a contract dispute to get out of TC and PS.. Orlando Pace did it several times. He admitted as much after his retirement. I bet AD is already happy with what the Rams have offered and has been for the last month.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Been saying it since he started his holdout. It wasn't just about the money. It was about not having to risk injury in TC and pre-season. Proof? He still doesn't have a renegotiated contract. For that, the Rams should enforce all the fines that entails. He's not the first Ram to pull that. Orlando Pace did it several times. He admitted as much after his retirement. I bet AD is already happy with what the Rams have offered and has been for the last month.

Or ... that his agent purchased a fat insurance policy against injury.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Been saying it since he started his holdout. It wasn't just about the money. It was about not having to risk injury in TC and pre-season. Proof? He still doesn't have a renegotiated contract. For that, the Rams should enforce all the fines that entails. He's not the first Ram to use a contract dispute to get out of TC and PS.. Orlando Pace did it several times. He admitted as much after his retirement. I bet AD is already happy with what the Rams have offered and has been for the last month.

Our FO seems to have a backbone. I like.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm happy but slightly irritated. Why wait until now ? Could've done the good faith thing and started this week.
I want him to get was he's worth but this is a bit silly.
Oh well.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and like a typical rams sofite I'm both glad that he's back and sad that Smart won't get his shot to be a long term starter. But oh well, Donald is back baby!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Knew this wouldn't last that long once real games were on deck. I expect to see him ready to go for week 2 against Washington. The business side of this game is as serious as the play on the field. I see what happened to Geno Atkins and maybe AD wants to give himself the best possible chance of reaching that mega deal before a possible career altering injury. Let's get back to talking about ball!