The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now I must destroy you.

hahahaha, i think that song epitomises how truly awful the 90s pop "dance" songs were and will always be.

here's another classic example.

please someone kill me.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One would think with the return of Aaron Donald that this would be a celebration thread, instead of a "I'm smarter than you" pissing contest among some of our members.

Attack the post not the one who made it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
still no public statement from the Rams ?

wonder if they're still trying to get something done

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
freak your post.

ww32-affirmations-smalley-flash.jpg

Great post-- good to know the boundaries on this forum are super lax.

Rams Talk=super lax
ROD=lenient to a point

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Hey guys I don't know where to put this but I just found something out. You can get Sunday ticket anywhere if you know a student in college or if you are a student in college all you need is name and birthday and the name of the college they attend. you can pay a 1 time charge of 100 of 4 pymnts of 24.99. I haven't seen this mentioned I just did it and signed up for it myself
I just signed up today too. My future son in law told me about and I used my daughter's info to sign up. She's got one more semester in grad school left. I'm excited for the season. I've never had Sunday Ticket or Redzone channel before.

RE: AD situation. I'm surprised he reported without a new contract. I assume his agent has bought a large policy to insure against career altering/ending injury. Without one, if I was AD (assuming he was asking to get paid what he's shown he's worth and not more) I would have continued to hold out. It increases my respect for him as a player and a person that he's reported without a new contract.

…..

Legend
Great post-- good to know the boundaries on this forum are super lax.

Thanks! I really meant it with good cheer, the mood around here being somewhat jovial at the time due to the news. My apologies for not making that obvious.

Join me for a beer to show our unity for the Rams! :cheers:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
'Bout damn time. Now get ready to play football, and sign one of those offers the Rams have on the table and then forget about money for a while. Believe me, you will be getting paid.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Easy for you to post sir, you're a lawyer, you have no emotion.;)

Not to speak for anyone - but I will defend lawyers. We have feelings just like you do. The thing is, we get a bad rap because we recognize that those feelings are often a weakness in decision making. They often cause us to make poor decisions. Emotion and feelings are what make life great - no doubts there - but more often than not, decisions based on emotion aren't good for business. So we are considered callous. The truth is - you want us on that wall. You need us on that wall.

Ram65

Legend
Should of come in Sunday and practiced this week. He made his point and waiting this long after the Atlanta meeting was not necessary. Not an automatic win this week. Donald playing may make a difference this week. Holding out was on him until it effects the team which this could.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Wonder if AD thought about the game check he would cost someone by coming in on Saturday? Kinda selfish really guess other players money don't matter. I will cheer for AD because he is a Ram that's the only reason

…..

Legend
The only sadness I feel right now is the ultimate demise of the Official Aaron Donald Holdout thread. :(

Sadnes.....feeeeeelings....ultmate demise ....lol.....for some reason this post made me think of strategically placed dramaticism
:LOL:
bad045a3b3e23c0e098d08bcef46ec41--flat-tire-help-me.jpg

:neener::neener:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I going to act like Bill Belicheat here! Tomorrow we play the Colts! Next question!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Great to see Donald back. (Even if it's a week late.....)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not to speak for anyone - but I will defend lawyers. We have feelings just like you do. The thing is, we get a bad rap because we recognize that those feelings are often a weakness in decision making. They often cause us to make poor decisions. Emotion and feelings are what make life great - no doubts there - but more often than not, decisions based on emotion aren't good for business. So we are considered callous. The truth is - you want us on that wall. You need us on that wall.

roflbot.jpg

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Should of come in Sunday and practiced this week. He made his point and waiting this long after the Atlanta meeting was not necessary. Not an automatic win this week. Donald playing may make a difference this week. Holding out was on him until it effects the team which this could.
Donald played opening week last year. Donald will make the most impact on a team that doesn't suck without him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...a-nine-day-roster-exemption-for-aaron-donald/

Rams get a nine-day roster exemption for Aaron Donald
Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2017

501241556-e1505013376691.jpg

Getty Images

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has indeed returned, and the team has reinstated him to the roster. But the Rams didn’t have to make a corresponding roster move to create a space for him.

The Rams have received a roster exemption through September 18, which allows them to carry 54 players through Week Two, if they choose to do so.

If the Rams decide to activate Donald before Week Two, they’ll have to remove a player from the roster.

Donald will play when ready; he definitely won’t be playing in Week One. He could play in Week Two.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So, in other words, your original post stands? Let me save you the trouble then. I think he was a greedy dude for holding out, and only reporting at the last minute. Fines, as we know, can be forgiven, but that game check is gone once he doesn't show. I love AD the player, but this contract situation was bullcrap. He didn't get a deal, so holding out so long as to miss the first game was a dick move...in my opinion. He could have held out until after the 4th preseason game, and then reported, having made his case, and avoided injury. Go ahead, let me have that wrath now.....

Who said anything about wrath? I think it's gonna be hilarious that people bashed him are gonna be cheering him on Sundays.

Like @RamsOfCastamere some of you take this too close. Get over it.

I'll stand by him being greedy and selfish.
You have to be greedy not to accept whatever piles of millions were offered him. (14 million per year? No. I want 17 million per year.) Yes, I pulled those numbers out of the air. :)

Selfish because his teammates have been working very hard to get better all summer.

It's life with a HoF player. He's not expendable, he's gonna cost money, and he's gonna be treated different as a result. It's the cold reality of the NFL business, not some fantasy world where everyone just plays for only the love of the game.

You better watch out before @Angry Ram yells at you on the internet. So frightening.

You best believe, that Angry Ram will unleash the fire and fury like the internet has never seen before!

tenor.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The truth is once lawyers get involved everyone gets screwed out of their money.

It is always better to avoid using the courts if you can. Most of us would tell you that. But if you do come to court, we are usually pretty valuable to have around.