The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He reports in time to collect a paycheck for game 1 but not to play in game 1? I have to imagine the two sides are close enough that a deal will be finalized before practice next week and certainly before week 2s game. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Honestly I don't care if he signs a new deal, Donald will have to prove he's worthy because after this escapade, I just don't care right now and I will be rooting my ass off for Tanzel Smart to keep Donald's fat ass right on the bench.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So, in other words, your original post stands? Let me save you the trouble then. I think he was a greedy dude for holding out, and only reporting at the last minute. Fines, as we know, can be forgiven, but that game check is gone once he doesn't show. I love AD the player, but this contract situation was bullcrap. He didn't get a deal, so holding out so long as to miss the first game was a dick move...in my opinion. He could have held out until after the 4th preseason game, and then reported, having made his case, and avoided injury. Go ahead, let me have that wrath now.....

You better watch out before @Angry Ram yells at you on the internet. So frightening.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Been saying it since he started his holdout. It wasn't just about the money. It was about not having to risk injury in TC and pre-season. Proof? He still doesn't have a renegotiated contract. For that, the Rams should enforce all the fines that entails. He's not the first Ram to use a contract dispute to get out of TC and PS.. Orlando Pace did it several times. He admitted as much after his retirement. I bet AD is already happy with what the Rams have offered and has been for the last month.

imo, you'd have a better case if he showed up at the start of the week (like Leveon) and not 1 day before he was about to miss out on a paycheck.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys are taking this contract dispute too personal. Are you still mad at Steven Jackson, Orlando Pace, etc too? It's just a negotiation tactic. So what that he skipped the preseason, whoopty do. AD is a BOSS and will be in our HOF, first ballot!
Skipped the preseason and a game. He hurt the team instead of being a leader on the field in week 1.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don't like that he shows up late enough to cost another player his check, and most likely a guy who needs it and won't be signing a big contract anytime soon AND, he probably won't even play. That's bullshit. I'll reserve the rest of my opinion until I see what was offered, why he declined, etc, but, if the rams lose a close one tomorrow and miss the playoffs by one game, then I will cheer for him throughout his HOF career, but I will also hold it against him when I visit his bust in canton. I'm just funny that way.

Mick

Pro Bowler
I don't like that he shows up late enough to cost another player his check, and most likely a guy who needs it and won't be signing a big contract anytime soon AND, he probably won't even play. That's bullcrap. I'll reserve the rest of my opinion until I see what was offered, why he declined, etc, but, if the rams lose a close one tomorrow and miss the playoffs by one game, then I will cheer for him throughout his HOF career, but I will also hold it against him when I visit his bust in canton. I'm just funny that way.
If I read right, the Rams are asking for a roster exemption, so they don't have to drop someone from the 53, and cost them a check...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hurt his team instead of being a leader on it. He helped the Colts but holding out just long enough to not be able to play week 1 hurting his team more. Oh and he will cost a player a game check this week while getting his fines waived. Guess he is all in it for himself and not the team. Except that he didn't get his extension making the hold out pointless.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If I read right, the Rams are asking for a roster exemption, so they don't have to drop someone from the 53, and cost them a check...

Good on the rams and if the league was smart they'd allow it

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
WOW!! I step away from the computer for a few hours and the shit-hits-the-Fan!! :rolllaugh:Yaah!! Aaron is back!! I hope he is at least suited up for this week-ends game!(y)

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So the reporter speculating that because there is no new deal, currently, that the rams may have a hard time time signing him in 2 years after his rookie contract, is some bad, bad, speculation, and reporting.

No way a contract doesn't get done waayyy before then. Both sides want that. Calculate how much AD would lose by not singing what they already offered only to play for maybe 12, 15 mil, including met incentives, when he could have made at least 38 mil over the same period. You can't tell me that the holdup was a larger amount than than about 25 mil.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
He hurt his team instead of being a leader on it. He helped the Colts but holding out just long enough to not be able to play week 1 hurting his team more. Oh and he will cost a player a game check this week while getting his fines waived. Guess he is all in it for himself and not the team. Except that he didn't get his extension making the hold out pointless.

Can't argue with any of that. All we heard was how much AD "loves football" but that just doesn't ring true after this. Having said that, if we win tomorrow I'll probably just be happy he's back. If we lose though.....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hmm, before all of this I always thought Donald was a stand up guy. He probably still is but he took hit in the eyes of the fans. I remember Kam Chancellor missing a couple games due to a holdout. But everyone knew he was a dick. No damage to the image there.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With AD back, y'all thinking he's gonna start next week or week 3?