Tavon's Snapchat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just off the top
Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, ......meh...I must be hung over...Oh yeah, the dude the Seahawks got...WR from Kansas St. .....that's 3....Jarvis Landry.....4.....Antonio Brown....How's that?

Hmm... that's 5 you squeezed out, with maybe 2 who are genuinely great and the rest it's rather subjective.

Last year was a down year... for everyone in horns, some of those guys mentioned are 1 year wonders. If Tavon's best year as a returner had occurred on league darling team, maybe half of his TDs dont get called back and this silly conversation wouldn't be happening.

The dude isn't clueless. He isn't a terrible route runner, but needs to improve. He isnt sure handed, but last season, he like every Ram had too many drops. He isn't lazy. He doesn't have a bad attitude. He isn't a drama queen. He competes hard.

I hope he develops more as a traditional WR but this bizzare "lazy underachiever" narrative that I am seeing from some is disingenuous at best.
Our rushing offense has only been effective when Austin has been a key part of it. So again, I feel like he gets far more criticism than his career has warranted thus far.

Over paid? Over drafted? Those are conversations worth having. If Austin has been a dangerous playmaker on a terrible offense really isnt.
Defensive Coordinators haven't taken TA out of their crosshairs since he showed up.
Well...the Colts did... but Austin hasnt had a QB capable of finding him isolated against man coverage since, nor has he had an OC that knew what they were doing...

I'd give him a solid "B" grade and I am glad he is a Ram and think he can and will do more.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The dude isn't clueless. He isn't a terrible route runner, but needs to improve. He isnt sure handed, but last season, he like every Ram had too many drops. He isn't lazy. He doesn't have a bad attitude. He isn't a drama queen. He competes hard.
Hmmmm...
You know what my biggest thing with Tavon is??? Not the drops...It's the...look at ME attitude...every first down...any TD...that strut...the braggadocios type flair...any little thing...like he's won a super bowl...the td dances....
Is he clueless??? I'd say hell yeah...drama queen....showing frustration at teammates penalties on returns...showing them up...kinda childish if you ask me...
We need a leader in that group...in that room...and so far, it isn't Tavon.

Oh yeah...drops happen...when Reynolds, Kupp, or Everett drop one, I won't be yelling...unless it's on 3rd down...LOLOLOLLOL

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah I just keep going back to him and those wideouts not showing up to help the new QB. Just so bad man, I mean think about what a crappy move that is to turn your back on a teammate in that situation and you know he and Britt influenced the rest of the corps to follow suit, otherwise some of them would have shown up. Pi$$ poor leadership, that's what you call that.

Now I do think all that goes back to the way Fish and the staff set the tone, talking to Goff like he was entitled even on Hard Knocks and letting him know he's gonna have to earn it. I feel like they created an environment where the players felt it was ok to "get behind" Case to the point where they didn't support Goff even when the staff made the call to play him.

But again, you are absolutely right re: Tavon. He was willing to disrespect the QB the team drafted at 1 overall, his teammate and QB in order to have his day off and whatever else these guys were thinking. And THAT is why I don't think he has a future here, that plus he's just a selfish dude. I want guys like Jerry Rice on this team. Not sure he can be that kind of guy, but if not then yeah he's definitely not the leader for this team going forward.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hmmmm...
You know what my biggest thing with Tavon is??? Not the drops...It's the...look at ME attitude...every first down...any TD...that strut...the braggadocios type flair...any little thing...like he's won a super bowl...the td dances....
Is he clueless??? I'd say hell yeah...drama queen....showing frustration at teammates penalties on returns...showing them up...kinda childish if you ask me...

Oh yeah...drops happen...when Reynolds, Kupp, or Everett drop one, I won't be yelling...unless it's on 3rd down...LOLOLOLLOL

What a load... lol

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess you took the drafting of 2 wr's a vote of confidence towards Tavon?

No, I took that as the Rams desperate need for WRs, which they have needed for a long time, especially after parting with Britt and his buddy, your boy...

WvuIN02

Starter
Last year the entire team took a huge regression......rookie QB who looked like one, no running game etc. Year before last he had 10 touchdowns and at least the offense had a pulse when they at least tried to use him creatively. You had a fired coach who made someone an OC who never should have sniffed that job.......yet here the haters are still.

I guess it does not fit the agenda that guys like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, TY Hilton, Larry Fitzgerald, etc all had fewer tds in 2015. Hell he was tied for 10 with Antonio Brown and AJ Green. That's on top of 3-4 called back on offense or returns.

He was drafted at a place where he should have not been, but some people will always hold that against him and not the staff who picked him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No, I took that as the Rams desperate need for WRs, which they have needed for a long time, especially after parting with Britt and his buddy, your boy...
I wouldn't say the Rams where in "Desperate" need of a WR. they where just replacing Britt and Quick!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmm

all we can do...with a new offensive direction...is look at targets....and what he does with them....