Tavon's Snapchat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Who? Somebody who can change games with PR TDs while simultaneously making sure the other 10 guys on the field don't blow it with some phantom penalty?

On any decent team that sniffs the playoffs, Tavon would be considered one of (if not the most) dangerous returners in the league.

Tavon's PR stats were bottom third in the league, bad news.

Look it up. It's been posted multiple times before.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Last year.
When Gurleys rushing stats were among the absolute worst in the league.
When the same O-line that had performed ok in 2015 fell back to being bottom feeders.
When our previously top 10 Defense also took a hard dive...

It's the same shit over and over.
Almost everybody not named Hekker had a bad season in Horns.

A lot of guys are given a pass.. but not that no-good Tavon Austin..

Btw- I'll take a guy who takes some risks and can occasionally score as a PR over the safe guys who never do but end up with a top 3rd rating...

It seemed rather obvious that Tavon was just pushing, trying to do anything to help put points on the board. I imagine if we had been able to move the ball at all, Tavon would have been instructed to take what they gave him. Instead, maybe do to the apparent coaching vacuum, he was allowed to free lance... anything that might put up points was ok... especially while we have the best punter in the league to offset any lost field position due to gambling from TA.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All I know is Tavon better hook me up with an Aaron Donald signed uni for all of my efforts hahaha

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see him at RB more this year.

Also, kind of OT but...Antonio Brown's snapchat is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Newest update is that surgery went well.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So silly I'm getting all these updates from snap chat. He had a cast on his right wrist.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Who is he over rated by?
Certainly not us. Certainly not the media. Over rated??

I remember Mayock saying Austin was the most explosive player he had ever seen.

The guy IS a playmaker. He IS dangerous with the ball in his hands.
That is what he was supposed to be.
I don't ever remember anyone EVER suggesting that Tavon would be a great traditional WR.
He was drafted to be a weapon in a variety of ways.
He has been that, has he not?

To say Austin's five TDs a year is what "he was supposed to be" is dispiriting to say the least. Exceptionally versatile player, yes. He should be good for at least one big play a week. There are too many Sundays where's he's been no factor at all.

Remember his rushing and PR skills in college? Those were part of the package to begin with. Has he disappointed there?

Has never really shaken his fumbling problem.

It's the NFL. Everyone not named Aaron Donald is over paid.

Not true at all.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:unsure::oops::thinking::stop::notsure:
Can you name 5 punt returners who are more dangerous to score?

It's not like punters give him a lot of chances, and I've never seen anyone have so many big returns get called back.

You have eyes. Are you seriously going to tell me he isn't among the most elusive and sudden runners in the league?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can you name 5 punt returners who are more dangerous to score?
Just off the top
Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, ......meh...I must be hung over...Oh yeah, the dude the Seahawks got...WR from Kansas St. .....that's 3....Jarvis Landry.....4.....Antonio Brown....How's that?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He better focus on football this year or he'll be riding the pine . It's time for him to earn his pay .

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And I took a ton of grief for pointing out he has declined as a returner.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Rams receiver Tavon Austin had wrist surgery this week and is expected to be sidelined for organized-team activities, the team confirmed Friday.

Austin underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his left wrist on Thursday. The Rams, in the second phase of off-season workouts, begin OTAs May 23. Austin is expected to be ready when training camp begins in late July.

Coach Sean McVay has described the 26-year-old Austin as a centerpiece of a remade receiving corps.

“You look at some of the things that Tavon Austin does with the ball, both in the run game and when he’s able to catch it as a receiver,” McVay said in February. “He’s a guy that you want to move all over the formation.”

Austin was the eighth player chosen in the 2013 draft. Last August, he signed a four-year, $42-million extension.

The 5-foot-9, 174-pound Austin caught 58 passes for 509 yards and three touchdowns last season. He also rushed for a touchdown.

Austin has 181 receptions, 12 for touchdowns, and also has rushed for eight touchdowns and scored on three punt returns in his career.

McVay directed the NFL’s second-best passing offense last season with the Washington Redskins and is expected to install a similar scheme with the Rams.

The Rams signed Robert Woods as a free agent and last week drafted South Alabama tight end Gerald Everett, Eastern Washington receiver Cooper Kupp and Texas A&M receiver Josh Reynolds.

The receiving corps also includes Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Nelson Spruce and Bradley Marquez.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-tavon-austin-wrist-surgery-20170505-story.html