Tavon Austin Almost Out of Chances in L.A. –Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
They actually gave it to TA a couple times on those sweeps but Seattle wasn't having it. The thing about TA is he's not great with contact, he wasn't touched on his td run. I think Cooper is better with the ball in traffic and Thomas is very fast also. Bottom line Tavon hasn't produced and he's turning the ball over. Unlike last year there are young guys nipping at his heels for more reps.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Tavon- this has been a player that requires ALOT of scheming to get him involved. The return has been fair, not great. If we put that amount of energy to scheme Watkins or Gurley the return is much higher. Case closed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate to write this, but what appears to keep Austin from being a great player is between his ears.

The physical talent is there.

He just doesn't always have his head in the game, and/or he's just not grasping all aspects of what is going on around him... once the ball is in his hands, the talent can take over.

But...It's getting the ball into has hands that has proved challenging.

It's obvious the Rams are hand-holding him with the game plan.

I just don't know how hard Austin works? Because, he looks really casual out there... like you see with established pro bowl players, minus the pro bowls.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Here
BmuG6ES.gif

BmuG6ES.gifv
I dont know... That wr on the opposite side of the feild ran the exact route the same way

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tavon Austin has been loosing ground lately......
TA lost the #1 wide out post to Sammy Watkins
TA lost the #2 WR spot to Robert Woods.
TA lost the slot receiver post to Rookie Cooper Kupp
TA lost the $4 WR spot to Pharoh Cooper
TA is not in contention for the Red/End Zone receiver spot over Rookie Josh Reynolds
TA is now playing behind Todd Gurley & Malcolm Brown @ RB.

Then the second season WR Pharoh Cooper took TA's KO duties away from him this past Sunday & had a run back for 104 yds & a TD.

Tavon Austin was working hard in the offense Sunday where he had 2 running attempts for Zero yards. Not a bad days work when you make a little less than $1 million a game.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That was a kickoff return, not a punt return for a TD Boni. And he muffed a punt.