Tavon Austin Almost Out of Chances in L.A. –Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Off punt-return duty for good, Rams WR Tavon Austin is likely facing his final chance to find any role on offense. PFT’s Mike Florio breaks it down.

Watch Florio Talk Austin

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could we be looking a Wide Receiver unit like this next season?

1. Josh Reynolds
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Pharoh Cooper
  6. Draft Choice
Or if they release Austin and sign Watkins?

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Ya no way Watkins walks. They’ll figure out something. Seriously Reynolds or #1 WR bruh? Lol That is a bit of positive thinking. Hell you might project Tanziel Smart as a starter to! Lol

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We all know Austin has not performed this season, I think he cost us the game last week. BUT he is still a huge decoy to opposing defenses, they all know he can turn the game with 1 play.
That said he is getting paid way too much to be a decoy, but who would want him ? If mcvay can't get him to run better routes and create separation, who can ?

…..

Legend
Ya no way Watkins walks. They’ll figure out something. Seriously Reynolds or #1 WR bruh? Lol That is a bit of positive thinking. Hell you might project Tanziel Smart as a starter to! Lol

I think Tanzel Smart has a demarcofarrrrrrrrrr better chance to start than Reynolds.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Florio calls him a forgotten man yet how many times has he been used on a decoy by McVay.......LOTS.

He has to produce way more, but he's hardly forgotten.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah no chance for whatever reason McVay clearly likes Austin

…..

Legend
Yeah no chance for whatever reason McVay clearly likes Austin

You know......I got that vibe last game. It seemed odd to me that Austin got so many touches. Here I was, minding my own business, Habenero BBQ sauce all up in my goatee, birthday numbers hitting for decent jack on keno, an ice cold Yuengling soothing my burning tongue , and I thought to myself....."hmmm Gurley on the bench and Austin taking handoffs, in the 2nd half.,......"Wait....WTF?.....Has Tavon fooled another coaching staff????"

Hhaaha....I'm not THAT down on Tavon....but I did actually think that!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know......I got that vibe last game. It seemed odd to me that Austin got so many touches. Here I was, minding my own business, Habenero BBQ sauce all up in my goatee, birthday numbers hitting for decent jack on keno, an ice cold Yuengling soothing my burning tongue , and I thought to myself....."Wait....WTF?.....Has Tavon fooled another coaching staff????"

Hhaaha....I'm not THAT down on Tavon....but I did actually think that!
Lol I like Tavon but not at the expense of Gurley

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

1. Josh Reynolds
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Pharoh Cooper
  6. Draft Choice
I have a hard time believing we traded a 2nd rnd pick and wouldn't sign Watkins. I think He's a Ram next year. I highly doubt TA is

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still find it hard to believe that TA can't be effective across the middle like the Pats use their small receivers .
Brady would make him a star with the speed and quickness TA has . I'm still holding out hope for him .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tavon lost his WR job when the Rams traded for Watkins. That move demonstrated they knew Tay wasn't a deep threat.

Now he just lost his PR role thank F, as this team doesn't need that up and down Jeff Fisher BS on teams.

McVay preaches consistency. But no matter how hard he tries he isn't going to get that from Tavon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still find it hard to believe that TA can't be effective across the middle like the Pats use their small receivers .
Brady would make him a star with the speed and quickness TA has . I'm still holding out hope for him .

Brady would hand him his @$$ the first time he drops one or otherwise fails to execute. No way the Pats would put up with his inconsistencies. Tay don't have the hands to serve that role in a passing offense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

1. Josh Reynolds
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Pharoh Cooper
  6. Draft Choice

Good question.
JMHO but I think it’s more likely Watkins returns than Austin.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Not sure what's left on his deal, but come Feb 2018 I could see a conversation along the lines of...

"Tay...Here's the scoop....We need you to take a $15M reduction in your contract. To be fair, we'll guarantee x% of the remaining amount. If that's not an option for you, then we want to let you know in advance that we're going to release you"

He and his agent have to know there's no way another team is going to pay him the kind of money he's scheduled to make.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady would hand him his @$$ the first time he drops one or otherwise fails to execute. No way the Pats would put up with his inconsistencies. Tay don't have the hands to serve that role in a passing offense.
Agree... not picking the routes up consistently was fine with the useless Fisher offense.

Now that there's some actual offensive coaches in house, Austin seems to be moving in a backward direction.

Yeah, I highly doubt he'd ever make it in NE.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Off punt-return duty for good, Rams WR Tavon Austin is likely facing his final chance to find any role on offense. PFT’s Mike Florio breaks it down.

Watch Florio Talk Austin

Watching Florio, while I will not bring up my recent comments regarding Austin’s $$/contract, I will say “the prosecution rests its case.” :sneaky: