Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like that fat freak. He's always talking crap about our team.

at least one panel member was talking sense. if mcvay and phillips don't think he'll be a fit they won't sign him.

edit - btw i didn't think whitlock was talking crap about the rams, he just doesn't get going after suh because he hasn't been a game changer in his career.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
at least one panel member was talking sense. if mcvay and phillips don't think he'll be a fit they won't sign him.

edit - btw i didn't think whitlock was talking crap about the rams, he just doesn't get going after suh because he hasn't been a game changer in his career.

It's not just this video. There are others like the below where he's negative, even in the middle of last season.

View: https://youtu.be/ERUxFYGrc2Y

TexasRam

Legend
If Suh wants money he will go to Tennessee or Chicago.

2018 Playoff contenders cap space
Raiders -14M
Saints-1M
Rams-18M (after NRC and Sully). Could get another 10M by adjusting contracts of Joyner, Sullivan and Barron.

Basically if he wants to go to one of the big three power teams we are best situated to compensate him for his services.

The Ramowl

Starter
I think it all comes down to this staff's ability to judge characters and to know who can buy into the We not me mentality and who will be a problem.
I trust them to make the right decisions. Wade has all the experience in the world with handling defenses and McVay is one of the smartest guys out there and a hell of a competitor.
Trust trust trust

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like that fat freak. He's always talking crap about our team.

Same here. Whitlock is just dumb. He can talk, so he gets a mike, but I rarely agree with his take. He can’t separate logic from emotion.

He also lives in the past and can’t accept that things change. He is still living in the SOSAR days.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
In case there already isn't enough speculation about Suh and the Rams, here is a link to an article by Alden Gonzalez.
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...offer-ndamukong-suh-something-nobody-else-can

I also heard on NFL Network last night that Suh is "intrigued" by playing alongside Aaron Donald. Seems that Suh wants to be paired with a quality DT and not be the centerpiece of the defensive line. Suh has always been the 3 technique, maybe he understands that playing with Donald means he gives that up, at least most of the time, and he is OK with that.

Psycho_X

Legend
I also heard on NFL Network last night that Suh is "intrigued" by playing alongside Aaron Donald. Seems that Suh wants to be paired with a quality DT and not be the centerpiece of the defensive line. Suh has always been the 3 technique, maybe he understands that playing with Donald means he gives that up, at least most of the time, and he is OK with that.

If I was a player like Suh, someone who has spent his entire career being double and triple teamed, who has had offensive game plans often built around taking him out of the equation.... the thought of going to a team where you'll be the after thought to the offensive game plan... I'd think that would excite him a lot.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, that settles it. Suh’s perfect for us!
Haha.
The flawed part of the argument is them saying Suh didn't practice and doesn't care but also will want stats and reps. The benefit of a player like Suh is to have him and Donald on the field together.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Reggie Bush, on NFL network stated that Shu would go to the highest bidder and I believe him. Every time these guys say it is not about the money it ends up being about the money. They need to bring Hankins and Logan in for a visit.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Reggie Bush, on NFL network stated that Shu would go to the highest bidder and I believe him. Every time these guys say it is not about the money it ends up being about the money. They need to bring Hankins and Logan in for a visit.

I trust this staff, I'm sure if Suh chooses to go elsewhere that Hankins and Logan will receive at least a call.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'm not overlooking suhs strong relationship with Rath. Obviously he had good things to say about how suh was in the locker room, the weight room, and how his teammates felt about him in Detroit and Miami. I dont think he'd be here otherwise.

And hes obviously been a salesman for the rams.

It also appears the coaches are set on adding a DT this season who is a difference maker or even dominant which tells me that if he doesnt sign, then the next call could very well be to hankins.

And if for some reason Hankins didnt work out, then I'd assume the coaches would do whatever it takes to draft the DT they feel can be an impact this year. Maybe a move up.

I think ultimately we'll sign either suh or Hankins and then draft a LB with the first pick, hopefully getting their guy after a small trade down.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It also appears the coaches are set on adding a DT this season who is a difference maker or even dominant which tells me that if he doesnt sign, then the next call could very well be to hankins.

I'm skeptical that an interest in Suh means they necessarily are looking for the top available DT. I think that the Rams are going for Suh because he's a dominant player who is unexpectedly available at a likely lower price than could have been expected. When rare opportunities come along, you at least take a look at them. I think their plan initially was a NT, an ILB, and if there were a decent one available an OLB. But Suh would give them more pass rush in a way that just wasn't available this free agency.

Just like when Eifert became available they bid on him, but apparently haven't bid on any other TEs. You make exceptions for hugely talented players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams were planning on having the greatest cap hit from Donald next season, before Gurley's and Goff's extensions. That may not be possible now. Which will affect the roster in a year or two. They can still sign Gurley and Goff, but not everybody else around them.

They can put the biggest cap hit in 2019 even with Suh.

Not this 3-4.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I'm skeptical that an interest in Suh means they necessarily are looking for the top available DT. I think that the Rams are going for Suh because he's a dominant player who is unexpectedly available at a likely lower price than could have been expected. When rare opportunities come along, you at least take a look at them. I think their plan initially was a NT, an ILB, and if there were a decent one available an OLB. But Suh would give them more pass rush in a way that just wasn't available this free agency.

Just like when Eifert became available they bid on him, but apparently haven't bid on any other TEs. You make exceptions for hugely talented players.
Yes, I think this is the case. If we cannot sign Suh to a deal that is agreeable to both parties, I expect the Rams will turn their attention back to finding an athletic tackle who can mostly play NT, making Brockers and Donald more effective.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Synergy. Some call Peters and Talib problematic but I disagree. They are passionate, something I want in a violent, competitive game. Suh began his NFL career hailed as potentially a HOF talent. He was in for a rude awakening as OLinemen were able to get in his head and his temper in response cost him in the press. He also languished on bad teams. He has made his money. Respect...that’s now far more elusive. But on a team where he will not be often double teamed, he has a chance to recapture his legacy. I HATE that the press calls him less than Donald even if it’s true. The focus should be that as a part of THIS UNIT, he could once again become the man that he believed would be celebrated in history..

This is the pitch Phillips and McVay could’ve laid down last night. And if AARON were to embrace him as his brother knowing the three dogs would eat, no player with true passion for greatness would be able to pass on the opportunity