Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

EE0DEBAA-A110-42D4-9665-5D3FDFB66676.gif

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Don't have time to read the thread and I am sure it has been said but Hell Yes! if in addition to and Hell No! if in lieu of A.D

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This Donald deal, I'm not sure how they would front load it. A huge signing bonus will screw them down the road. They don't have the room to give him a huge salary in the first year.

Any cap guys got any idea how it could get done. To my mind guaranteed money is the most cap effective way to go.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Woah boys. I wasn't saying that was a good selling point. I was saying that is Gruden's selling point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This Donald deal, I'm not sure how they would front load it. A huge signing bonus will screw them down the road. They don't have the room to give him a huge salary in the first year.

Any cap guys got any idea how it could get done. To my mind guaranteed money is the most cap effective way to go.

Lets say they give him a $70 million signing bonus. That'll be prorated over this year and the 6 year extension we could give him. Then you make the base pay stager, say 15, 7.5, 7.5, 10, 10, 10. So each year his cap hit for the 6 years is 25, 17.5, 17.5, 20, 20, 20 then you include the 10 for this year and you have a 6 year 130 million contract. I put the 2 years there at 7.5 but what you really want to do is have those the 2 years you do the same for Gurley and Goff's contracts. So now you've given each a big contract and a big signing bonus but you've staggered the big money year for each. You could even make those 2nd and 3rd years 15 each and the first year 30.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Signing bonuses are only prorated for 5 years. Donald is young. I doubt 5 years is an issue. My idea is to add the additional years onto the end of the current deal with a $30 million signing bonus. He ends up with nearly $37 million in cash this year, but we get to keep his cap number fairly low (nearly $13 million).

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Mixed emotions....Amazing talent....but often times seems to be a head case. I trust the front office. Having said that, I don't know how we afford him beyond 1 year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mixed emotions....Amazing talent....but often times seems to be a head case. I trust the front office. Having said that, I don't know how we afford him beyond 1 year.
On the same page. This off season really comes down to one thing to me, in Wade we trust. And McVay as well but these head cases are or will play on Wades side of the ball so he's going to be front and center dealing with them. And he's proven in the past to be able to handle it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the same page. This off season really comes down to one thing to me, in Wade we trust. And McVay as well but these head cases aRre or will play on Wades side of the ball so he's going to be front and center dealing with them. And he's proven in the past to be able to handle it.

Thinking about it and how signing him would seem to likely wreck the cap for future years (at least make things much more difficult) - Wade is old. I wonder how much of it is that the Rams may only have him for a couple of seasons? i.e. jump at this opportunity, jump at the opportunity to have a fantastic secondary, and not worry so much about what comes in two plus seasons?

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

the excitement of potentially lining him up next to AD can make you forget that he wasn't always the best actor ...

but not being the main guy..and with this coaching staff..I think this would be a much more comfortable environment for him...

Godzilla would have probably been a lot nicer if King Kong was on his side...lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thinking about it and how signing him would seem to likely wreck the cap for future years (at least make things much more difficult) - Wade is old. I wonder how much of it is that the Rams may only have him for a couple of seasons? i.e. jump at this opportunity, jump at the opportunity to have a fantastic secondary, and not worry so much about what comes in two plus seasons?

Good point. Hadn't even thought of that. But it may be more about getting guys in place before Goff and Gurley get big contracts, assuming that Aaron Donald gets paid this season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

agree 100%.

these moves are championship or bust moves. i like it. fans will never be sad about a team going for it.