Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Is there any evidence of the Rams considering any other FA NT (eg Hankins, Logan, Williams) - or - does it look like they will go with drafting a NT if Suh doesn't work out? Because Rams need a run stuffing NT!!

Name
Hannibal Ram
Like most everyone else, I am intrigued with the possibility of adding Suh to our D-Line and Defensive backfield. The only questions I have are: If the Rams sign Suh, does Barron get released or traded (Hello, Brownies) to save $. Would Wade and McSnead go with 4 rookie linebackers?

dang

Legend
Barron would only save us $5M in cap space by releasing. Another option could be Webster who would save us $3.5M if released. Its all speculative but I would keep Barron and release Webster if cap space was needed.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Not sure I am looking forward to seeing the "Suh Stomp" on opponents, although I recognize his value. Back in 2010, the St. Louis press was really pushing drafting Suh #1 over Sam Bradford. In his draft interview Suh claimed how happy he was to be joining the Detroit "orgination". At the right price he could help here.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
So what?

Wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Here would be my recommendations:

1) Pursue Hankins with vigor along with Suh, assuming that Wade likes Hankins, that is. First player to agree to terms becomes the newest Ram. Either one is a win for the Rams.

2) Take their favorite OLB at #23. Should be several there for them that are very good value.

3) Now they have their 3rd and two 4ths for BPA, so long as one of them is an ILB that fits Wade’s scheme. The other two could be any position where they see good player value. OL. WR, TE, RB, another OLB, CB, or S (preparing for the possibility that Joyner walks next year).

4) Turn Snead loose with those 6ths and UDFA. Let him find a gem or two plus some depth players for development. He seems to do it every year.

I see the Rams coming out of this offseason with Wade’s D “finished”. At least 90-95% of what he wanted, anyway.

I also see the Rams in the SB conversation for the near future since enough pieces would now be in place. Feels good to be able to type those words.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
His relationship with the strength coach and interest in the scheme does not have a lot of meaning.

He will go where he is paid the most.

I actually disagree. Suh has to know the cap situation before even coming here. He’s here because he knows we have an up and coming team with great pieces in place and a great young coach. Not to mention a HOF DC. A lot of players take a little less money for the chance at a ring. He knows lining up next to AD would be like nothing before.
Will he sign ? No idea but he wouldn’t have come if money was the only factor.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I actually disagree. Suh has to know the cap situation before even coming here. He’s here because he knows we have an up and coming team with great pieces in place and a great young coach. Not to mention a HOF DC. A lot of players take a little less money for the chance at a ring. He knows lining up next to AD would be like nothing before.

He does and it's his Agents job to inform him of this as well, which I'm sure they do

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So what’s plan B when Suh takes the$15M from Tennessee.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8o5r3crmY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXMqKzoSxM

I'd take a peek at those dudes at NC State...BJ Hill, and Justin Jones....Miami has a guy....Kendrick Norton....

And for what its worth - when Donald extension is announced - make him a Captain.
Pretty sure he was a "captain" last year....just not in title...They wouldn't get rid of Quinn and Tree without knowing we had leadership still on that side of the ball....And let natural leaders like Talib....and now Suh take over with Donald and Barron....and possibly Joyner.

It does make me wonder what they think of Littleton and Hager? They must really like one of our remaining LB's.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8o5r3crmY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXMqKzoSxM

I'd take a peek at those dudes at NC State...BJ Hill, and Justin Jones....Miami has a guy....Kendrick Norton....

Pretty sure he was a "captain" last year....just not in title...They wouldn't get rid of Quinn and Tree without knowing we had leadership still on that side of the ball....And let natural leaders like Talib....and now Suh take over with Donald and Barron....and possibly Joyner.

It does make me wonder what they think of Littleton and Hager? They must really like one of our remaining LB's.

I'm thinking they saw something in HAger when tree was hurt. Who knows tho

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-defensive-line-20180320-story.html

Rams try to convince Ndamukong Suh to come to L.A.
By GARY KLEIN

Recruiting overtures from the Rams began last week, just after the Miami Dolphins released five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh.

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson made the initial pitch.

View: https://twitter.com/EricDickerson/status/973577263668109312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fsports%2Frams%2Fla-sp-rams-defensive-line-20180320-story.html

Then newly acquired Rams cornerback Aqib Talib, winner of a Super Bowl title with the Denver Broncos, weighed in.

View: https://twitter.com/AqibTalib21/status/973972838867648513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fsports%2Frams%2Fla-sp-rams-defensive-line-20180320-story.html

The tweets might have warmed the heart of the 6-foot-4, 307-pound Suh, but the real sales job commenced Tuesday. Suh was scheduled to meet with Rams coaches and have dinner with head coach Sean McVay and other front-office personnel.

The Rams are the latest stop on Suh's free-agent tour. It has included visits with the Tennessee Titans and the New Orleans Saints. Suh, who grew up in Portland, Ore., also has reportedly expressed interest in the Seattle Seahawks and is scheduled to visit the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday, according to ESPN.com.

But it is the Rams, and the potential pairing of Suh with reigning NFL defensive player of the year Aaron Donald on the same line, that has NFL observers buzzing.

Donald, 6-1 and 280 pounds, is regarded as perhaps the league's most disruptive defensive player. He has amassed 39 sacks in four NFL seasons. Suh has 51½ career sacks in eight seasons, though only 15½ during his three with the Dolphins. Last season he had 4½ sacks, the lowest total for a season in which he played all 16 games.

Suh also has cultivated a reputation for sometimes overly aggressive play. During his five seasons with the Detroit Lions, he was fined nine times for nearly $300,000 for penalties and incidents during games. In 2013 he was fined $100,000 for an illegal low block on then-Minnesota Vikings center John Sullivan, who's now with the Rams.

Suh was sidelined for two games in 2011 while serving a suspension for stomping the arm of a Green Bay Packers lineman, the only starts he has missed in 128 regular-season games.

Donald, 26, and Suh, 31, could line up next to Michael Brockers in defensive coordinator Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme and wreak havoc in opposing backfields.

Donald already is familiar with Suh — particularly Suh's last contract: a six-year, $114-million deal the Dolphins gave him in 2015, that included $60 million in guarantees.

Donald earned $1.8 million last season. He did not participate in organized team activities, minicamps or training camp because he wanted a new deal, and he sat out the opener. He still finished with a team-high 11 sacks in 14 games.

Donald, scheduled to earn about $6.9 million this season, is seeking a contract that would make him the highest-paid defensive player and among the richest in the NFL.

Rams general manager Les Snead said last week that a "timeline" for continued discussions with Donald's representatives was in place, but he declined to be more specific.

The Rams have about $30 million in salary-cap space. They are not expected to be the top bidder for Suh. But the opportunity to play for McVay and Phillips and alongside Donald, for a playoff team that appears to be ascending, might entice him to join the Rams' remade defense on a short-term deal.

Signing Suh would be the latest in a series of moves to strengthen a defense that last season ranked 28th against the run, 13th against the pass, 19th overall and 12th in fewest points allowed.

Snead rebuilt the secondary by trading for Talib and cornerback Marcus Peters, signing veteran cornerback Sam Shields, and re-signing slot cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman. But the Rams need depth for their pass rush and at linebacker.

After trading veteran linebackers Robert Quinn and Alec Ogletree, the Rams are counting on second-year pro Samson Ebukam to fill Quinn's edge-rushing role and provide better run defense. Third-year pro Cory Littleton could step in for Ogletree.

Suh was expected to encounter at least one familiar face during his visit with the Rams.

Ted Rath, the team's strength and conditioning coach, was an assistant strength coach for the Lions from 2009 to 2015 and held the same position with the Dolphins in 2016 before he was hired by the Rams last season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Suh wasn't going to sign with ANY team until his "grand tour" is over.

He's not going to sign with Oakland today nor will he sign with Seattle on his first day there.

Once he visits all the teams, I expect he'll either go back to Portland or to his agent's office and hash it all out. THEN, they'll call their first pick and work on details. If that don't work, they'll call the second team and so on. And yes, they understand that teams are time sensitive on this.

So, I'm not sweating it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The longer he stays in LA . the more nervous I get

Thought he would have been on a plane to Oakland by now

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
So what?

1) Pursue Hankins with vigor along with Suh, assuming that Wade likes Hankins, that is. First player to agree to terms becomes the newest Ram. Either one is a win for the Rams.

2) Take their favorite OLB at #23. Should be several there for them that are very good value.

3) Now they have their 3rd and two 4ths for BPA, so long as one of them is an ILB that fits Wade’s scheme. The other two could be any position where they see good player value. OL. WR, TE, RB, another OLB, CB, or S (preparing for the possibility that Joyner walks next year).

4) Turn Snead loose with those 6ths and UDFA. Let him find a gem or two plus some depth players for development. He seems to do it every year.

I see the Rams coming out of this offseason with Wade’s D “finished”. At least 90-95% of what he wanted, anyway.

I also see the Rams in the SB conversation for the near future since enough pieces would now be in place. Feels good to be able to type those words.
I prefer Hankins anyway. I think he will be a little cheaper, and he’s much younger, and grades out almost as well against the run.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am pretty certain that Suh has no idea or concern what each teams cap looks like currently. Both parties agreed to meet, they’ll talk money later.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So what?

I agree with your thoughts here on Suh

Johnathan Hankins would be a excellent fit better than that Suh but JH has a very high & inflated impression of his value. He was demanding 10 mil a year last season when he was a UFA. last year the G-men who needed JH real bad would not offer JH anything close to 10 mil. JH had visits with many teams last yr & settled for the highest bidder late on April 13th when the Colts met JH demands of $10 million a year. Colts who have no cap issues dumped JH ASAP after just 1 season. I would expect a repeat of last season & will do the same this month. I do not think he will sign a Ram friendly deal in either.

An Edge Rusher would be rate as the most probable selection @ #23 IMO but if a better higher valued NT or ISLB'er is there Snead will move in those directions just as easy. This Draft should have some very good ER's still on the boards with the #87 & #111 selections too.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think Snead will take highest in draft board. It could be between Ridley, Payne, and Landry. Who knows maybe even LVE too.

dang

Legend
I'm thinking they saw something in HAger when tree was hurt. Who knows tho
I didn’t study Hagers play but noticed it. While he was not afraid to stick his nose into the pile it looked like people blew by him on a regular basis. I liked what I saw in Littleton a lot more.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I didn’t study Hagers play but noticed it. While he was not afraid to stick his nose into the pile it looked like people blew by him on a regular basis. I liked what I saw in Littleton a lot more.

I've read that it looks like Ebukam will get the chance to start in quinns spot and longacre will return hopefully early in the season but that leaves trees spot to fill and I'm guessing and hoping they address that with one of the first 2 draft picks. would love LVE.