Still excited about McVay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
We got Robert Quinn. So I'm okay with it.

While I do love Quinn, Julio has a chance to make it to the hall of fame if he keeps it up.

Quinn had a good three year stretch, but injuries and refs not calling holding have really hampered his effectiveness.

I'd take Julio over Quinn every day of the week and twice on game day. Had we landed Jones, Bradford may have actually become what he was drafted to be. Instead he was murdered behind our line while waiting for scrubs to get open.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow. A "McVay is a bust" thread already..... W. Inthemothereffing F.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I do love Quinn, Julio has a chance to make it to the hall of fame if he keeps it up.

Quinn had a good three year stretch, but injuries and refs not calling holding have really hampered his effectiveness.

I'd take Julio over Quinn every day of the week and twice on game day. Had we landed Jones, Bradford may have actually become what he was drafted to be. Instead he was murdered behind our line while waiting for scrubs to get open.

I don't think Julio makes any difference with Sam. Sam's career was ruined (here) by the ACL tears happening in consecutive years. Julio doesn't solve that problem.

I'd have loved to have Julio, but trading up for him would have cost us a lot of draft capital. I'm happy with Quinn.

There are a great many picks that we can lament. IMO, that's not one of them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wow. A "McVay is a bust" thread already..... W. Inthemothereffing F.
To some folks whatever decision the Rams make...whether it be hirings, firings, drafting, FA, personnel, inactives, gameplanning, playcalling, uniform choices, location of practice facility, where they sleep...it was the wrong thing to do.

These types fans have been beaten into bitter submission due to all the losing IMO. It's understandable to a certain point, but when that's the only tune you can sing it gets old real quick on a message board.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'm crying Deveany didn't have the huevos to trade up for Julio.

Must be nice to have a WR that can be held, catch a ball, and break two tackles on his way for a 73 yard touchdown.

Shoot. I'll take one that can catch.

McVay got a top 3 offense out of a team that's only slightly over half as talented as the Falcons.
Wasn't Snead behind the trade up for Jones when he was with Atlanta? It's crazy, Falcons trade up and get Jones, Rams trade up and get Austin.

jap

Legend
To some folks whatever decision the Rams make...whether it be hirings, firings, drafting, FA, personnel, inactives, gameplanning, playcalling, uniform choices, location of practice facility, where they sleep...it was the wrong thing to do.

These types fans have been beaten into bitter submission due to all the losing IMO. It's understandable to a certain point, but when that's the only tune you can sing it gets old real quick on a message board.

Fans like that need to step away from the game for a while or at least stop taking it so damn seriously. This is the fan equivalent of burnout - somewhat analogous to Dickie V's famous burnout as a coach but much more negative. This type of fan does no one any good, especially himself|herself, by breathing negativity into everything related to the team.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Well yeah...Not sure how your opinion could have changed this quickly. Atlanta is a team that has a quarterback that is playing at an All-World level right now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I never was excited.

debbie-downer.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wanted Shanahan to be the Rams coach, as many of you know. Another poster, elsewhere brought up these stats....the Rams crap show offense scored ten points on the Giants, with 345 yards of offense, 20 first downs, and TOP of 35 minutes, and only lost because of Keenum's four picks.

McVay's offense, against the same team and in a do or die end of season game scored 10 points with 16 first downs and TOP of 24:08, at home.

Makes me wonder, especially after watching Atlanta route a pretty good Packers defense in a do or die situation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted Shanahan to be the Rams coach, as many of you know. Another poster, elsewhere brought up these stats....the Rams crap show offense scored ten points on the Giants, with 345 yards of offense, 20 first downs, and TOP of 35 minutes, and only lost because of Keenum's four picks.

McVay's offense, against the same team and in a do or die end of season game scored 10 points with 16 first downs and TOP of 24:08, at home.

Makes me wonder, especially after watching Atlanta route a pretty good Packers defense in a do or die situation.

After dropping 403 yards and 29 points on the Giants in New York in a win earlier in the season.

They had a chance to win that game. Cousins threw two bad interceptions in the 2nd half of that game.

At the end of the day, there's so much more to being a great head coach than being a great coordinator.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm very excited. Fisher, Williams and what's his name are all gone, plus all the other dead weight holding the Rams back. That's a great offseason already. Replaced by much better, MUCH BETTER, coaches so far.

What's not to be excited about?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Wasn't Snead behind the trade up for Jones when he was with Atlanta? It's crazy, Falcons trade up and get Jones, Rams trade up and get Austin.

Hindsight is a peculiar thing - most Rams fans were excited that they went and got an offensive weapon - people forget that most scouting reports had him as "...might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life..."

Used correctly I think Tavon steps up big style this year. Julio Jones is a great WR, don't get me wrong, but we can't use hindsight when it comes to draft picking

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Hindsight is a peculiar thing - most Rams fans were excited that they went and got an offensive weapon - people forget that most scouting reports had him as "...might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life..."

Used correctly I think Tavon steps up big style this year. Julio Jones is a great WR, don't get me wrong, but we can't use hindsight when it comes to draft picking
Oh, i'm not. I'm just observing the two trade ups for 1st round WR's by Snead. I totally agree about hindsight drafting, nothing irks me more than the "we could've had.." line.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams haven't won a game with McVay yet! What a bust!!
And none of his Rams drafted players are even in the league!
What were we thinking?