Still excited about McVay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching the Falcons I am crying that we didn't wait for Shanahan. Goff is a Matty Ice clone, just imagine what he could have turned this kid into. I pray that I'm wrong about McVay, I like his confidence and he carries himself well but Shanahan is pretty special.

After watching Shanahan throw away a Superbowl with his pathetic play calling with the winning fg for the talking i couldn't be happier the Rams didn't hire him, the idiot.

SAK11

Rookie
After watching Shanahan throw away a Superbowl with his pathetic play calling with the winning fg for the talking i couldn't be happier the Rams didn't hire him, the idiot.

People need to chill with the hate and acting like this means he'll suck as a head coach. First of all, he can learn from it, getting to call plays in the Super Bowl is never a bad thing. Secondly, it's not all on him. The execution was bad. I thought he made some bad calls, but Ryan didn't get it done, and the o-line certainly didn't either [especially Matthews]. Third, it wasn't that long ago that the Redskins had a must win game at home against the Giants, and McVay and the Redskins managed to score 10 points and ended up missing the playoffs. And lastly, Shanahan did a great job all year long. Atlanta torched team after team, no one thought Ryan would be an MVP, or Atlanta would be in the Super Bowl, and he deserves a lot of credit for those things. He put faith in his MVP in the big game and it didn't work out.

The 49ers should be thrilled to have landed Shanahan. As a Rams fan I hope he fails, but he's done some great things on multiple teams as an OC; he has a great offensive mind. I get it, people magnify the Super Bowl, every play gets analyzed so Shanahan is an easy target, but he was at or near the top of a lot of Rams fans lists [including mine] to be this teams new head coach for a reason. I wouldn't be calling him an idiot.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
They should have just run the ball and stayed in fg range. I couldn't believe they were lining up for a pass. What's that? A holding penalty that would not have happened on a run, followed by a sack. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I get that players need to execute but play callers need to know when to not get cute. Freeman was running well. I would have run the ball at least twice and then gone from there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the Falcon's board, the posed the question: "If Shanny decided to stay in Atlanta, would you take him?" I answered: I am so glad that we didn't wait for Shanny, and that he now is coaching the 49ers.... lol

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
1j3ouf.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this is what a Shanny led team does.....me thinks....
aQn36To.png

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't care how much you like the guy, no points in the second half, not even a field goal.

Yeah, if that had happened to the Rams, people would be livid. Can you not hear it now? "He let off the throttle, he coasted, he lost the game".

No way on earth should they have found a way to lose yesterday, but they dug deep and made it happen :)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People need to chill with the hate and acting like this means he'll suck as a head coach. First of all, he can learn from it, getting to call plays in the Super Bowl is never a bad thing. Secondly, it's not all on him. The execution was bad. I thought he made some bad calls, but Ryan didn't get it done, and the o-line certainly didn't either [especially Matthews]. Third, it wasn't that long ago that the Redskins had a must win game at home against the Giants, and McVay and the Redskins managed to score 10 points and ended up missing the playoffs. And lastly, Shanahan did a great job all year long. Atlanta torched team after team, no one thought Ryan would be an MVP, or Atlanta would be in the Super Bowl, and he deserves a lot of credit for those things. He put faith in his MVP in the big game and it didn't work out.

The 49ers should be thrilled to have landed Shanahan. As a Rams fan I hope he fails, but he's done some great things on multiple teams as an OC; he has a great offensive mind. I get it, people magnify the Super Bowl, every play gets analyzed so Shanahan is an easy target, but he was at or near the top of a lot of Rams fans lists [including mine] to be this teams new head coach for a reason. I wouldn't be calling him an idiot.
Yes but people need to also chill with the "we missed out on the second coming of coaching Jesus" talk as well

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care how much you like the guy, no points in the second half, not even a field goal.

Yeah, if that had happened to the Rams, people would be livid. Can you not hear it now? "He let off the throttle, he coasted, he lost the game".

No way on earth should they have found a way to lose yesterday, but they dug deep and made it happen :)
I think they scored in the third but your point stands

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Truth is... we won't know for a while who turns out to be a better HC.

McVay and Shanahan were good choices, IMO.

I liked having Shanhan's old man available as the gray hair voice of experience... but McVay got Phillips, so we have a gray hair voice now too. (y)

Time will tell... but if the Rams had taken Shanahan, I would have been very happy.

Now that he's headed to SF, I hope he fails miserably (but I'm not sure he will).

SAK11

Rookie
Yes but people need to also chill with the "we missed out on the second coming of coaching Jesus" talk as well

And where are you seeing those types of comments? Certainly not mine, unless you've completely misinterpreted me saying I wanted him as the Rams coach to meaning I think he's a God. Doing a quick read of this thread, I've seen only a handful of positive comments about Shanahan, and most of them are very reasonable [no mentions of Jesus or anything close to that].

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Kyle is that you?? :ROFLMAO:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And where are you seeing those types of comments? Certainly not mine, unless you've completely misinterpreted me saying I wanted him as the Rams coach to meaning I think he's a God. Doing a quick read of this thread, I've seen only a handful of positive comments about Shanahan, and most of them are very reasonable [no mentions of Jesus or anything close to that].
I was exaggerating so excuse my choice of words, but a lot of posters acted like we lost a superbowl because we hired mcvay instead of shanny (I mean, we're in a thread questioning the hire as we speak). Shanny is a great offebsive mind. That doesn't make him a good coach. The boohooing over him is a little outrageous. Check some of the earlier coaching threads

Edit: the very first comment is about how special shanahan is.

SAK11

Rookie
Kyle is that you?? :ROFLMAO:

I was just trying to settle the herd of haters. I mean you have some fans who went from thinking Goff and Shanahan were a recipe for championships to making fun of those who still think highly of him.

I was exaggerating so excuse my choice of words, but a lot of posters acted like we lost a superbowl because we hired mcvay instead of shanny (I mean, we're in a thread questioning the hire as we speak). Shanny is a great offebsive mind. That doesn't make him a good coach. The boohooing over him is a little outrageous. Check some of the earlier coaching threads

You'll always get those fans. I was fine with either guy.

Edit: The original comment wasn't that outrageous, pretty tame like the rest of them in this thread.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just trying to settle the herd of haters. I mean you have some fans who went from thinking Goff and Shanahan were a recipe for championships to making fun of those who still think highly of him.

You'll always get those fans. I was fine with either guy.
So was I, but I'm also grounded enough to understand that shanny is no sure thing. It's not like we picked leaf over manning.