Still excited about McVay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm more upset when I see Julio and Jake Matthews out there.

I don't care if wide receivers are overrated and cost too much. I would kill to have a Julio type on this team.
I'd kill to have Matthews too. Wish we'd of had a chance at drafting him........oh wait......

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Kyle knows ball, but he is just so petty and he picks fights and holds grudges over small stuff," the source said. "He's a mountain out of a molehill guy, and he's got entitlement syndrome. That's why we ended up hiring all of his close friends and buddies, so no one can challenge him. But it makes you worse in the long run, because there is no accountability."

He has character issues.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-staff-inexperience-at-core-of-redskins-dysfunction/

Very interesting article. Quote comes from there. In the midst of ripping Kyle's inexperienced staff, here's this gem:
Quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur worked with Kyle Shanahan in Houston and had only two years experience as an “offensive assistant” with the Texans prior to becoming the Redskins QB coach. Similarly, receivers coach Mike McDaniel was a lower-level assistant on the Texans staff before coming to Washington. Tight ends coach Sean McVay’s only prior NFL experience to joining Washington came in 2008 as an offensive assistant in Tampa.

“McVay is really the only one of those kids qualified to do what he’s doing,” said one member of the organization.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm more upset when I see Julio and Jake Matthews out there.

I don't care if wide receivers are overrated and cost too much. I would kill to have a Julio type on this team.

If you're willing to take a risk on a guy with major character flags, Ishmael Zamora is a name to keep an eye on in the draft. He's eerily similar to Josh Gordon as a player.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm crying Deveany didn't have the huevos to trade up for Julio.

Must be nice to have a WR that can be held, catch a ball, and break two tackles on his way for a 73 yard touchdown.

Shoot. I'll take one that can catch.

McVay got a top 3 offense out of a team that's only slightly over half as talented as the Falcons.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm crying Deveany didn't have the huevos to trade up for Julio.

Must be nice to have a WR that can be held, catch a ball, and break two tackles on his way for a 73 yard touchdown.

Shoot. I'll take one that can catch.

McVay got a top 3 offense out of a team that's only slightly over half as talented as the Falcons.

We got Robert Quinn. So I'm okay with it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
How fantastic would it be if Shanahan changed his mind and said he's gonna stay where he's at for another year and the 49ers don't have shit to choose from, I would Ray Lewis dance it up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
tumblr_mg8iz45MTX1qcxjv8o1_500.gif

I'd need my inhaler, but I'd be right there with ya!!!

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope the hell I'm wrong.

How do we know Dan Quinn isn't the reason? Everyone praising Shanny now its counter productive bringing negativity into the forum. Lets stop with the Shanny BS.

(Edited out by mod).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams Ownership?Management has hired Head Coaches in the past, and I was excited about every one. Linehan, Spags, and Fisher...I am excited about McVay, because most of you seem excited about him, but I can't help but feel like this pic....
Azv81Pt.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, we can't know for certain what will happen.

That said, based on all available evidence... we're going to the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed next year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This is always an interesting situation. McVay or Shanahan (or McDaniels)? The year we hired Linehan, the Packers hired McCarthy, the Vikings hired Brad Childress, the Lions hired Rod Marinelli, the Saints hired Payton, the Jets hired Mangini, Buffalo hired Jauron, Houston hired Kubiak, Kansas City hired Herm Edwards and the Raiders hired Art Shell. 10 new head coaches (or at least new to their team) and how many are still head coaches? 2. How many were successful? 3? So that's 30% at best. The top coaches at that time were Holmgren, Gruden, Billick, Shanahan, Cowher, Lovie, Parcells, Reid,

The year we hired Spagnulo the Lions hired Jim Schwartz, Tampa hired Raheem Morris, the niners hired Singletary, Seattle hired Mora, Jr., the Jets hired Rex Ryan, the Browns hired Mangini, the Colts hired Caldwell (and went to the Superbowl), Denver hired McDaniels, Oakland hired Cable and the Chiefs hired Todd Haley. Outside of Caldwell and Rex for the first couple of years, all duds. 2 of 11?

Then in 2012 we hired Fisher. Experience. Some success. A history of being around .500 but he couldn't accomplish that with the Rams. My point is we tried the young, first timers and then we tried the experienced guy. It could be said the first timers we hired were every bit as capable as the first timers (and some vets) other teams hired. The hot guys IIRC were Payton, Mangini and Kubiak when we got Linehan and McDaniels, Ryan, Schwartz and Haley when we hired Spagnuolo. But our guys right up there with them, perhaps Spagnuolo more than Linehan. But we didn't get squat. And the other teams didn't get much either with the exception of the Saints (Payton), Colts (Caldwell), McCarthy (Green Bay) and the Jets (Ryan). 3 of those 4 had superb quarterbacks to help them succeed.

Maybe this time around we got the right guy and have the proper QB in place. Maybe. But we also got one of the best DCs in the NFL. Now if we can hire one of the best OL coaches, I like our chances. But like the draft, it's a crap shoot. Is Shanahan definately the best option this year? Or will he end up like McDaniels or Haley, Linehan and Spagnuolo? Some highly rated guys just don't succeed and others do. All I can say is "we're due".

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
IMO, NE D had a way better performance than the Falcons O. Now its hard to know how much of the defensive strategy is on Patricia and how much is from Belicheat, but Patricia may have been the best coordinator today.