Still excited about McVay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
Watching the Falcons I am crying that we didn't wait for Shanahan. Goff is a Matty Ice clone, just imagine what he could have turned this kid into. I pray that I'm wrong about McVay, I like his confidence and he carries himself well but Shanahan is pretty special.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Watching the Falcons I am crying that we didn't wait for Shanahan. Goff is a Matty Ice clone, just imagine what he could have turned this kid into. I pray that I'm wrong about McVay, I like his confidence and he carries himself well but Shanahan is pretty special.

How do we know Dan Quinn isn't the reason? Everyone praising Shanny now its counter productive bringing negativity into the forum. Lets stop with the Shanny BS.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There are many good coordinators that aren't good head coaches.
Frisco can have him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely! Don't want Shanahan no matter how much the MVP QB and one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL carry his butt towards a Super Bowl bid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I'm still excited. Waiting for Shanahan means no Wade Phillips. McVay did great things with Kirk Cousins (more than Kyle Shanahan did). We'll be fine.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll take Sean McVay & Wade Phillips over Kyle Shanahan & Mike Pettine or fill in the blank!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm THRILLED.

McVay's BY FAR the best fit. BAR NONE.

Shanahan is a fantastic OC, but nothing I've seen changes anything for me that he would be the best fit for the Rams as our HC.

He wouldn't be bringing the best DC in all of football.

He wouldn't have nearly as good an overall staff.

He doesn't have the presence that McVay does.

He won't inspire our rookies/young players like McVay will.

Shanahan has done well, but let's not dismiss how important the structure of Dan Quinn's is.

From a pattern perspective, I have significant doubts that Shanahan succeeds without that structure especially with the ownership situation in SF.

But even here, McVay will always be a package deal....at the very least McVay and Philips.

It'll be very interesting to see who Shanahan can get as his DC and fill out his defensive staff.

So, yeah. I'm excited. More than excited. Thrilled. Giddy, even.

Atlanta dropping 50-burgers on GB and in the Super Bowl won't change a thing for me in that respect.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't understand that logic (Do I still like McVay or should they have waited for Shanahan)...But to each his own.,..I'm just fine where they are...

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hell yes I'm excited. This move has brought back more passion than I had all of last season. I never wanted Shannaha, is dad is too close with Fisher. I want zero cconnection.

Scirca

Rookie
"Kyle knows ball, but he is just so petty and he picks fights and holds grudges over small stuff," the source said. "He's a mountain out of a molehill guy, and he's got entitlement syndrome. That's why we ended up hiring all of his close friends and buddies, so no one can challenge him. But it makes you worse in the long run, because there is no accountability."

He has character issues.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Look closely and see which coach the player has his arm around?

"You taught me how to play at this level and I'm thankful for you coach"

redskins-tight-ends-coach-sean-mcvay-left-walks-off-the-field-with-picture-id187831605

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I'm more upset when I see Julio and Jake Matthews out there.

I don't care if wide receivers are overrated and cost too much. I would kill to have a Julio type on this team.