Sounds like Rams going Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think we've all been torn, but IMO, I believe both Goff & Wentz will be very successful., Goff is a better fit for the Rams and Wentz is a better fit for the Eagles. Goff will start immediately and his pocket awareness and accuracy is off the charts.

Trading up was a good thing for the Rams they needed a Field General and at 21 years of age Goff will be leading the Rams for many, many years.
fvZXE7H.jpg

jap

Legend
If Jerad can consistently find tiny Tavon among the taller DBs, we instantly have our new take-the-damn-top-off-the secondary downfield threat. If he can consistently locate feisty Sted, who always fights tooth and nails for the rock, in tight coverage, then our dynamic ex-Mountaineers instantly becomes our new secret weapons. Pop-pop, fizz-fizz! Oh, what a relief a super accurate QB is!!!!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is that widely known? Are the Eagles prohibited from putting out their own smokescreen during draft season?
So now the rams are putting out a smokescreen they want goff but really want wentz while the Eagles put out a smokescreen about wanting wentz when they really want goff?

jap

Legend
So now the rams are putting out a smokescreen they want goff but really want wentz while the Eagles put out a smokescreen about wanting wentz when they really want goff?

Hey!, when you are camping out this close to Hollywood, ya just gotta represent!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Do you think it's beyond either team to do so? You should definitely know by now it's not beyond Fisher or Snead to do such a thing.

Remember when they draft Johnny Manziel, who they had an interest in? Me neither.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think it's beyond either team to do so? You should definitely know by now it's not beyond Fisher or Snead to do such a thing.

Remember when they draft Johnny Manziel, who they had an interest in? Me neither.
This isn't remotely similar to anything that happened with Johnny manziel.

The smoke screen is that the rams have yet to announce their pick. So we don't know. But when 2 guys with legitimate inside sources close to the Rams (schefter/silver) have said all along its goff and than a team that just so happens to LOVE wentz trades up to 2....the writing is on the wall...whether you chose to continue to look for things to support something contrary is on you.

There's no more competitive advantage to intentionally misleading people as someone has already traded up to the 2 spot to take the second qb. Now the mystery is solely about keeping people talking about the Rams up until the draft. At this point the more acredited sources (schefter/silver/the eagles) are pointing goff

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I am missing something ( as usual ) but the Rams the Rams have not to my knowledge came out and mentioned either QB as thier target.
The Eagles have said Wentz, targetting one and then picking the other seems like bad form to me. I now feel 90% on Goff and am fine if I am wrong. The next stop in the world of Ram football is the draft and thats why we continue to talk about the same topic while interjecting with our belief, hope and new info as it becomes available.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can talk about what color we want the seats to be at the new stadium if you like
stadium-seats.jpg

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The one thing that is NOT smoke is yesterday's trade. It is widely reported and assumed that the Eagles ONLY wanted Wentz. The only other possibilty is that they wanted Ez. Elliott and pick #2 guarantees that.

Tweaked it, because nothing is widely known right now -- in spite of the degree of conviction with which it's being reported from the sports media experts.

Again, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. For all we know, the Eagles could be targeting Tunsil out of Ole Miss. Their O-line sucked last year, and he's sure to be gone by the 8th spot, where they traded up from.

Maybe they DO take the other QB at 2 -- then again, maybe they don't.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whats funny is that Eagle fans calling in Philadelphia are pissed, over what they gave up for presumably Carson Wentz at #2. One guy said "we got trade raped by the Browns..THE BROWNS!":snicker:

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
When I heard the Eagles traded up a farm for no. 2 pick of the draft, I first thought two things in quick succession:

1.) Eagles must really like Ezekiel.

2.) Or they're grabbing Wentz, which means they know with 110% certainty that we're grabbing Goff.

Don't get me wrong. Goff can succeed in their system. Short passes, super quick release.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Anybody who believes anything anybody says about the draft this time of year is a bit gullible. There's more smoke out there than on the Iwo Jima battlefield during late draft season. :dizzy:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
The Rams gain trust and goodwill by telling both the Browns and Eagles who the pick is going to be. That is invaluable for future trade opportunities. The pick is Goff.