Some thoughts on Kroenke as an owner...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I forget that you guys have to read all of these. I'm out.

No. You're making great conversation and doing it the right way.

I'm just tired of Kroenke (we're talking about him as opposed to the team). It's probably just me.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If you think moving to LA is going to create wins by osmosis you are forgetting the history of the team we both love.

This myth that moving to LA will improve the team is hilarious...........and so off base.

I certainly NEVER said that. I simply stated that I DO think SK cares how the team performs. Again, as I said earlier

The NFL is hard guys, if it were all about the $, the Shithawks, would win every Superbowl.

Please don't lump me in with anyone that states that the quality of a team has anything to do with its location. I am not from LA or Stl. I have been a long distance Rams fan since the 70's. Believe me, I am not taking (regional) sides here....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Let's not compare the Kahn Artist to Kroenke

Kahn is a piece of shite and his track record with the Jags and Fulham speak for themselves which is pure shite

Kroenke is my guy - I think he's the best owner the Rams have had since Rosenbloom

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't even know what that means!!

:LOL::LOL:

You'd have to summon the courage to face our horrid record before he took over the team to realize what I'm saying - yeah we haven't gotten over the hump yet but this team is just a few pieces away from breaking the cycle of loss

He has infused $$$& into this team and his move to LA has turned this franchise from one of the poorer teams to one of the top 3 richest -- the new stadium will be the best in the league and players are gonna flock to LA for the chance to play under the glitz and glam of Hollywood -

What's there not to understand?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Agreed. But would it have been better for the TEAM? Kahn isn't lighting the world on fire with his Jaguars after all.
The Jags keep on playing in London and just as the Rams were rumored to move to LA the Jags are rumored to move to London.

Idk if he would move the team to London or not but as soon as his lease is expired, chances are he would move the team to a bigger market.

Folks in Jacksonville will always hate him. Khan gets a lot of love, but just like you said, Khans team is no better the Stans team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Actually, I like Fisher, Selassie I. Does that surprise you?

He has many qualities that I admire.

Hell, I'd enjoy having a beer with him.

My point is that my opinion of Fisher is NOT personal.

I consider him a limited HC with a tone deaf like lack of understanding in O matters. And far too much stubbornness to make the necessary corrections.

I'll give you a humorous personal example to illustrate what I'm talking about. I'm a hopeless klutz when it comes to home repair/improvement matters. Eventually, I figured out that it was far quicker and far less expensive to hire the professional plumber or electrician in the first place before I tortured myself and my family by making a fool of myself.

I think Fisher is in that boat with O matters, frankly. An experienced OC, if given full authority, would do wonders for Fisher's W/L record. But now, even if he could bring himself to do it, it's probably a too little, too late situation.

YEP,,, that surprises the shit out of me.

tonyl711

Starter
JT was constantly saying he saw him talking to other owners, or was in the house on twitter... In terms of talking about football, I don't see him making press conferences talking about money either, but we are all pretty certain he likes that.. Just because someone doesn't shove themselves into the spotlight to gush over something it doesn't mean they're not a fan.

I think he's invested in winning, he spent a lot of money on the Rams since taking over as full ownership, and while it hasn't paid of yet, they're a lot closer than they were before... The talent we have on our roster from before is night and day.
ive never seen JT write anything of the such, link please.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You'd have to summon the courage to face our horrid record before he took over the team to realize what I'm saying - yeah we haven't gotten over the hump yet but this team is just a few pieces away from breaking the cycle of loss

He has infused $$$& into this team and his move to LA has turned this franchise from one of the poorer teams to one of the top 3 richest -- the new stadium will be the best in the league and players are gonna flock to LA for the chance to play under the glitz and glam of Hollywood -

He's infused money.

But he's not gotten results.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I think it's safe to say he watches the Nuggets and Avalanche play when the game is in Denver. He has a penthouse at the Pepsi Center.

My pops follows soccer and they usually show Stan at the games.

Google Stan Kroenke and you'll see dozens of pictures of him at games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of that may be true - but he has a very distinct history of creating losing franchises and driving down attendance.

Not really, he's maintained the winning of Arsenal though a lot of that is they have a great manager. He took over the Rams and only the saltiest of people won't admit that we've gotten better over the last 4 years with him as owner. The Avalanche were a good team when he bought them and stayed a good team for his first decade as owner. Two years ago they won their division and made the playoffs and they're in the playoffs again this year and playing well of late. The Nuggest have made the playoffs 10 of his 14 years as owner. Boy that sounds like he drove them into the ground, they suck right now but basketball is very cyclical just look at the Lakers. His MLS team Colorado Mammoth have made the playoffs every year but one and won a league title one year.

Geez sounds like a horrible owner. His supposed continued failing as an owner is greatly exaggerated by the salty flavored fans.

While the formula of non-interfering and delegation may work well with the right people, nothing Kroenke has ever said or done leads me to believe the Rams are anything but an ATM for him. I'd be absolutely shocked if he knew most of the player's names or any real history of the Rams. Prettying the team up and making more money off of them isn't a formula for success if he's not emotionally attached to them winning. If his goal is to win enough games to sell enough tickets to maintain their new value, that's not a winning philosophy, it's a bean counter philosophy that leads to mediocrity and settling for personnel because they don't rock the boat and are good enough to reach his goal.

When he wants to talk Rams, does he call his accountant? I think he does.

Every week in the gameday threads there are pictures and or tweets from JT and others saying Stan is at the game. Every year there are pics and stories of Stan being at training camp. If you choose to ignore those there's nothing we can say our do to change your mind.

He spends money on the Rams.
Outside of that, I couldnt care less about any of it.
This times 1000!!! I don't give a damn if he doesn't talk well to reporters or answer questions as fluidly as other would. I don't give a damn that he's not in with the fans shaking babies and kissing hands. He spends money on the players and the facilities and the coaching staff. He hires people to do a job and gives them a chance to do the job while giving them the term of their contract to accomplish what they were hired to do. He's not like his predecessor who actively dumped salary and expenses and made the team worse. He allows the football people to sign our own key free agents and to spend money on other peoples free agents. You may not like the people that were signed or how much they were signed for but they're allowed to spend Stans money. There are plenty of teams that don't get anywhere near spending the salary cap. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shahid Khan is revered around here because he spent his own money on a publicly owned stadium. Hey that's great! He hasn't spent anywhere near the salary cap even one year to put a product on the field. I'll take Stan who lets his people spend money on players.

It could always be worse we could have an owner who fires coaches every year, could be the Cavaliers owner who fired his coach even though they're leading the Eastern Conference. Give me a silent guy who doesn't get in the way of the sports people any day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
“I believe my actions speak for themselves,” - Stan Kroenke 2010

takei-laugh.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Um, well..........everything about what you posted LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I certainly NEVER said that. I simply stated that I DO think SK cares how the team performs. Again, as I said earlier

Please don't lump me in with anyone that states that the quality of a team has anything to do with its location. I am not from LA or Stl. I have been a long distance Rams fan since the 70's. Believe me, I am not taking (regional) sides here....

o_O

bluecoconuts

Legend
No Blue, you said he went to every game and then justified that statement with a supposed random JT tweet that he met with an owner at a game. I can't remember a single shot of Kroenke at a game after taking ownership. I do recall many reports that he was not present. It's not scientific, but I do not believe he attended many games. You assume he stayed, I do not. I have no reason to.

Every, or almost every game JT would tweet something like this:

I'm not going to dig through every week for that, because that's ridiculous, but feel free. Maybe he hasn't been to every single game since taking over, but he went to them last year, and he went to them years prior... Maybe not every single game, but I wouldn't expect him to go to every single game, since owning an NFL isn't his only gig... His primary job is KSE.. I know he goes to games in Denver given that he lives in the arena.

Here he is in San Diego:
UTI1810705_r900x493.JPG

Here he is in Arizona prior to the game (2014).
stan-kroenke-jeff-fisher-nfl-st.-louis-rams-arizona-cardinals-850x560.jpg

Here he is watching the Giants game in the owners box (2014)
slp2014122110.jpg

Another game somewhere... Sometime, not sure, but he's with Kevin so it's safe to say it's a Rams game:
650x366

And there are plenty more on Google, plus Arsenal games, Nuggets games, Avs games... Stan does go to his teams games.. Assuming that he would just show up and then leave is just moving the goalposts in my opinion. There was also the story about kicking people out of the toilet in Minnesota a few times, so he was there for at least that game.

And there we have it. He sold STL on wanting the team here and doing everything he could to make that happen, and he didn't. You see it as a business decision and I see it as deception to get what he wanted when he wanted it.

Maybe he was genuine at the time, I don't know, nobody knows.. When he made his move to LA though, he never told St Louis to keep working, in fact they reportedly told the Task Force not to bother.

Kronke made a great business move. He bought a team with a lease he knew they couldn't live up to, he made statements he knew he could never be held to live up to, he compromised on just $700 million in improvements from tax dollars, and he engineered a huge profit for himself all along the way with a massive balloon payment at the end.

THAT doesn't make him a FAN of the Rams or NFL. His detached maneuvering in defiance of his own words ARE his actions.

I don't know the details of exactly when Stan came into the picture, if it was before or after the lease... Regardless none of his actions indicate anything about his fandom, or lack thereof, for the NFL or the Rams.. They are totally separate things that you're trying to link. Linkage didn't work for the Soviets, and it doesn't work for me, I'm not buying that logic man, sorry.

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis." Stan Kroenke 2010

It's really simple Blue, did he? You do realise he offered nothing to keep them here, right?

“I believe my actions speak for themselves,” - Stan Kroenke 2010

Yes, yes they do. Stan Kroenke made it possible for the Rams to move away from LA for profit and now people want to act like he's LA's benevolent benefactor and some huge Rams or LA fan just because they got what they wanted. His actions speak for themselves Blue, not random JT tweets of a rumor Kroenke is in the building somewhere maybe.

Rams made an offer to keep the dome in the top tier, thus locking the Rams into the lease until at least 2025, so technically he did offer something to help keep the team there. Yes it is possible that he made the offer knowing that the city would never accept it, and yes it's possible that he was looking to move to LA, but what if the city said yes? If his ultimate goal was LA at that time, wouldn't it have been better to not make an offer? Could he be sure that LA would stay open for another 10-15 years for him? When at that very moment the Chargers and AEG were working out details on Farmers Field in Downtown LA (until AEG changed termss/Chargers backed out at the last minute)? That seems very risky...

I agree, actions do speak louder than words, hence why I was standing in the minority a year ago saying that Kroenke wanted to move, while others insisted it was simply leverage. That doesn't change the fact that he has gone to quite a few Rams games... I don't know why suddenly now JT isn't a reliable source either.

And he was rarely at Rams games by the way and I can't remember a time when he went into the locker room and a reporter mentioned it, maybe it happened but it wasn't often that's for sure.

Kroenke is a turd and a liar and that can't be denied.

He certainly wasn't rarely there last year. Lots of people are turds and liars too, including Khan who people seem to think is a saint, he likes to invest in startup companies, and then once the company gets legs he'll push out the other guy and take full control, enjoying the profits.. He isn't afraid to sue to gain control either. That's part of the world of business, people do dick things.

Check twitter, as I said before I'm not going to dig through his twitter all the way back from September, but he was saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.