Some thoughts on Kroenke as an owner...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Not really, he's maintained the winning of Arsenal though a lot of that is they have a great manager. He took over the Rams and only the saltiest of people won't admit that we've gotten better over the last 4 years with him as owner. The Avalanche were a good team when he bought them and stayed a good team for his first decade as owner. Two years ago they won their division and made the playoffs and they're in the playoffs again this year and playing well of late. The Nuggest have made the playoffs 10 of his 14 years as owner. Boy that sounds like he drove them into the ground, they suck right now but basketball is very cyclical just look at the Lakers. His MLS team Colorado Mammoth have made the playoffs every year but one and won a league title one year.

Geez sounds like a horrible owner. His supposed continued failing as an owner is greatly exaggerated by the salty flavored fans.

Every week in the gameday threads there are pictures and or tweets from JT and others saying Stan is at the game. Every year there are pics and stories of Stan being at training camp. If you choose to ignore those there's nothing we can say our do to change your mind.

This times 1000!!! I don't give a damn if he doesn't talk well to reporters or answer questions as fluidly as other would. I don't give a damn that he's not in with the fans shaking babies and kissing hands. He spends money on the players and the facilities and the coaching staff. He hires people to do a job and gives them a chance to do the job while giving them the term of their contract to accomplish what they were hired to do. He's not like his predecessor who actively dumped salary and expenses and made the team worse. He allows the football people to sign our own key free agents and to spend money on other peoples free agents. You may not like the people that were signed or how much they were signed for but they're allowed to spend Stans money. There are plenty of teams that don't get anywhere near spending the salary cap. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shahid Khan is revered around here because he spent his own money on a publicly owned stadium. Hey that's great! He hasn't spent anywhere near the salary cap even one year to put a product on the field. I'll take Stan who lets his people spend money on players.

It could always be worse we could have an owner who fires coaches every year, could be the Cavaliers owner who fired his coach even though they're leading the Eastern Conference. Give me a silent guy who doesn't get in the way of the sports people any day.
The reason why the Nuggets went downhill for a period of time was bc Melo wanted to be in a bigger city, so he went to his hometown in NYC and he's playing for the Knicks. The nuggets were one of the hottest teams when Melo was playing for them.

Arsenal is one of the hottest teams in the world right now. They have stars all over the team.

The Rams roster is arguably the most talented in the league right now. We just need a QB.

Yes Stan will make money in LA but it's more of a long term thing for him. He is 68 now. He's building a state of the art stadium in LA for his team and with that comes free agents and top notch coaches. He is trying. Just bc he doesn't do regular radio interview like Jerry Jones doesn't mean he doesn't care. It's ridiculous to think that.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The only people whose opinion on Kroenke should be listened to are the fans who don't live anywhere near STL or LA and don't give a damn where they play.

Everybody else is biased whether they know it or not. I am and I know it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The Rams roster is arguably the most talented in the league right now. We just need a QB.

You lost me there, we have talent, but we're still a few pieces away, more than just a QB... Although a QB is probably the difference between playoffs and not..

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Anyone else getting tired of reading about Kroenke?
Kroenke is a private guy. Even if you're talking about Joe Blo next door that type of personality is often misconstrued by others who don't really know the guy. Stan just happens to be a filthy rich owner of sports teams...who is a private guy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I love Stan's money and here's hoping the Rams can start winning more games then they lose.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
You lost me there, we have talent, but we're still a few pieces away, more than just a QB... Although a QB is probably the difference between playoffs and not..
Excluding a QB and a TE we have good young roster all the way from top to bottom.

We're also in a great salary cap situation. Better then we've been in years.

Give me Conor Cook or that freak of of nature in Carson Wentz and I promise you we win 10 or more games next year. We're close baby, I could feeeeel it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@bluecoconuts that Thomas tweet was from January 3rd. In the house must mean at the 49ers stadium.

So Kroenke didn't actually go to many Rams games..........and the media had noted that.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Could be worse. SK could be the type owner who for instance would be too cheap to pay a great player like Eric Dickerson. I'm much happier with an owner who spends to the limit vs a penny pincher.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The reason why the Nuggets went downhill for a period of time was bc Melo wanted to be in a bigger city, so he went to his hometown in NYC and he's playing for the Knicks. The nuggets were one of the hottest teams when Melo was playing for them.

Arsenal is one of the hottest teams in the world right now. They have stars all over the team.

Yes Stan will make money in LA but it's more of a long term thing for him. He is 68 now. He's building a state of the art stadium in LA for his team and with that comes free agents and top notch coaches. He is trying. Just bc he doesn't do regular radio interview like Jerry Jones doesn't mean he doesn't care. It's ridiculous to think that.

I'm not a soccer watcher. And I can tell from your post that you aren't a basketball watcher and for sure not a football watcher.

bluecoconuts

Legend
@bluecoconuts that Thomas tweet was from January 3rd. In the house must mean at the 49ers stadium.

So Kroenke didn't actually go to many Rams games..........and the media had noted that.

There are tweets from Rams games as well.. I remember people would constantly ask if he saw Kroenke, and he would either say yes, or that while he didn't personally see him, he was there.

Bucs game:

JT tweets too much to get anything further back.. But I would see those tweets all the time.. Twitter is how I follow Rams games, since I'm never around a TV on Sunday's.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Talking about this is like talking about politics. You're not going to convince someone to think another way. People outside of STL think he's alright... people in LA love him, people in STL think he's a lying sack of shit. I don't think posting any numbers (which I could) about him as a sports owner and how each of his franchises, outside of Arsenal perhaps, have some of the lowest attendance in their leagues.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The only people whose opinion on Kroenke should be listened to are the fans who don't live anywhere near STL or LA and don't give a damn where they play.

Everybody else is biased whether they know it or not. I am and I know it.

Hit the nail on the head award. Before it was clear he wanted to move the team, fans opinion of the guy were totally different than they are now. St. Louis fans have disdain for him and doubt he can ever steer a winning franchise. They assume he's only about the money and nothing else. That wasn't their opinion a few years ago.

LA people think he's a great philanthropist who only wants what is best for the team. I doubt they held that opinion a few years ago.

As for me, I'll try and be patient and let things play out. I honestly don't know if he's a terrible owner or a great one. Time will tell. He does appear to be patient with his coaches. He doesn't have a history of knee jerk reaction. Maybe thats not a bad thing. Or maybe he hired the wrong guy. Again, time will tell.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Kroenke has saved the Rams from oblivion

What a low bar it is, the best his Rams teams have ever done with him as owner is 7-8-1, yet he's saved us from oblivion?

Yes there's more talent on the team and its much better than it was before he took over in 2007-09, a period where we won 6 games total, I mean my God, there was nowhere to go but up.

Yeah he hired Fisher, which I think we can all agree at the time it was a good hire and may still turn out to be one. But so far all Stan has really done worth noting is moving to LA so he could make more money, saving us from oblivion?? Come on.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What a low bar it is, the best his Rams teams have ever done with him as owner is 7-8-1, yet he's saved us from oblivion?

Yes there's more talent on the team and its much better than it was before he took over in 2007-09, a period where we won 6 games total, I mean my God, there was nowhere to go but up.

Yeah he hired Fisher, which I think we can all agree at the time it was a good hire and may still turn out to be one. But so far all Stan has really done worth noting is moving to LA so he could make more money, saving us from oblivion?? Come on.

We are no longer in a state of being completely forgotten and unknown.
My biggest complaint is how the entire world ignores our team. That isn't the case anymore. Right now we are one of the most relevant teams in the NFL

Yeah, i know they have yet to turn the corner yet,

And have mentioned that above a few times - i get it,
But I think you need to look at the overall health of the franchise today compared to where it was with Georgia at the helm. This team over the past 4 years has gone from perennial laughing stock to become one of the most relevant and wealthy teams in the league. All eyes in 2016 will be on the Rams. We are no longer in oblivion. And that is due to Kroenke like it or not. He has not only infused the team with $$$ but more importantly stability. The team has dramatically increased it's value, it's audience, and will also own their own stadium outright - the Rams are now one of the premiere franchises in the NFL. How can that not make you happy as a Ram fan?

Like I mentioned, although the process of breaking the cycle of loss hasn't been easy, we are through the darkest times.

The dark times are over.

look at the initial ticket sales for the Coliseum:
According to the team, more than 5,000 deposits were placed within five minutes of the sale beginning at 10 a.m. at the website www.WelcomeHomeRams.com. Within about 45 minutes, more than 8,000 had been sold.

Those are good numbers. And they will continue to get better.

(I live in Austin, Texas by the way so I don't have any connection to either city, just looking at what i see as facts)

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you rather have Jerry Jones as the Owner of the Rams!? He's a more involved Owner!!
I personally wouldn't!! I prefer an Owner who hires the right people and then stays the hell out of the way!! JMHO
No. But I would rather have the Krafts, or the Rooneys, or anyone else who takes a DIRECT approach to their football team. I have nothing against Kroenke, but I think he should hire a football GM to oversee the team instead of Fisher. He also should have FORCED Fisher to hire an offensive coordinator. Just my two cents.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
look at the initial ticket sales for the Coliseum:
According to the team, more than 5,000 deposits were placed within five minutes of the sale beginning at 10 a.m. at the website www.WelcomeHomeRams.com. Within about 45 minutes, more than 8,000 had been sold.

Those are good numbers. And they will continue to get better.

(I live in Austin, Texas by the way so I don't have any connection to either city, just looking at what i see as facts)

Actually, a little over a week ago they had over 45,000 deposits the first two days. Not sure how many they have now, but that is pretty impressive.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not so much tired of Kronke as a subject but the butt hurt feelings coming through is getting tiresome.

And the "butt hurt" comments are getting old too.

Swear to god there are as many people bitching about "butt hurt" fans not "getting over it" than there are STL/MO fans still actually complaining on here.

If our being upset over not being able to take our kids to the games anymore and disliking Kroenke for the way he trashed our city is too much of an inconvenience for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.