Some Info From Inside the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
After re-reading I'm starting to realize he didn't challenge anyone's beliefs lol. Sorta reads like a horoscope, sounds accurate to everyone. He didn't really say anything we don't know

britt low risk high reward
like clowney but torn...
cj2k...duh
like watkins but a lot of talent. don't know if he is that far ahead of evans...

everything is worded so this person is guaranteed to be right. Or if not right at least not wrong.

further reason I think it is BS.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's obviously all BS because Pryor is the top safety on their board, not Clinton-Dix!!! :whistle:

jjab360

Legend
Probably the "Sammy Watkins or bust" or "Greg Robinson or bust" opinions. Also just a guess, but probably the people who think Clowney is overrated or Evans can't get separation, things like that.

As for it being BS, I dunno it sounds legit to me. Some guy used to work with a senior scout, they had a phone conversation though of course didn't go into extreme details. It does happen, you know..

jjab360

Legend
"To say they are "amused" at some people's opinions is putting it nicely, but I guess that's the punch line of a board like this, and the internet in general for that matter, anyone can participate"

I can't get past this shot he takes, clearly ego driven,Bernie-esque, little if anything new and possibly ALL BS
It's ridiculous for Bernie to say that because, well let's face it, he's as connected to Rams park as my kid cousin. I'm pretty sure if a senior scout did read a lot of fans opinions on a forum he would find a couple of opinions that completely differ from the Rams' opinions to be pretty humorous, nothing wrong with that, imo.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ahhh the lull before the draft.... Where speculation and infighting amongst fans runs RAMpant. I wish I could just stop reading ROD until after the draft....but I can't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably the "Sammy Watkins or bust" or "Greg Robinson or bust" opinions. Also just a guess, but probably the people who think Clowney is overrated or Evans can't get separation, things like that.

As for it being BS, I dunno it sounds legit to me. Some guy used to work with a senior scout, they had a phone conversation though of course didn't go into extreme details. It does happen, you know..

I mean, there are plenty of opinions that I find amusing...I just usually don't respond to them...unless I'm really bored. ;)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The biggest question in all this for me is why the heck do they go to the Herd board?

The smart posters are on the ROD. (y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ahhh the lull before the draft.... Where speculation and infighting amongst fans runs RAMpant. I wish I could just stop reading ROD until after the draft....but I can't.

2d7u8ur.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
"To say they are "amused" at some people's opinions is putting it nicely, but I guess that's the punch line of a board like this, and the internet in general for that matter, anyone can participate"

I can't get past this shot he takes, clearly ego driven,Bernie-esque, little if anything new and possibly ALL BS
Yeah. There is a lot of that. The "I'm an insider and everyone else is a fool" fragile ego nonsense is common. Does not mean the info is bad however. Also makes me appreciate the various humble and cool Rams players and others that have visited the board.
I have liked Matthews as our first pick all along so I hope it's accurate.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's been mentioned in a number of forums that this is nothing new, nothing earth shattering, nothing that's already been said. That may be true, but what makes it significant (if true) is that's what the Rams think.

We have no idea what they think and this may be a peak inside to what they do think.

That's meaningful if true.

PhxRam

It's been mentioned in a number of forums that this is nothing new, nothing earth shattering, nothing that's already been said. That may be true, but what makes it significant (if true) is that's what the Rams think.

We have no idea what they think and this may be a peak inside to what they do think.

That's meaningful if true.

How the heck do you have more money then me?

Rockman

UDFA

I respectfully disagree. If I was a professional scout whose full time job was to look at video and analyze talent, I would be "amused" at some of the posts here too. You have a room full of good NFL people reading both extreme views of every topic available. You know they have to laugh at some of these posts.

RamEERS

Pastor
makes a really good point on clowney... need someone to take the heads off these annoying mobile QBs... lets take him...
but then again... we're still pretty weak at the OL.... darn...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's ridiculous for Bernie to say that because, well let's face it, he's as connected to Rams park as my kid cousin. I'm pretty sure if a senior scout did read a lot of fans opinions on a forum he would find a couple of opinions that completely differ from the Rams' opinions to be pretty humorous, nothing wrong with that, imo.

?...................Bernie- esque.............esque,as in the sort of style,not that HE wrote it and sure some of the stuff on message boards is "humorous" to "insiders" but SAYING SO is assholery........pointless, adds nothing to the readers desire to continue reading MUCH like the way Bernie begins many columns by insulting those who might disagree,IOW Bernie-esque,or were you intentionally constructing a strawman?

PhxRam

I wouldnt be shocked if Houston takes him. JJ Watt and Clowney would be a hell of a tandem.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I respectfully disagree. If I was a professional scout whose full time job was to look at video and analyze talent, I would be "amused" at some of the posts here too. You have a room full of good NFL people reading both extreme views of every topic available. You know they have to laugh at some of these posts.

No doubt some of our internet opinions are laughable to the real scouts but pointing out they are laughing at us is where the cheap shot is.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wouldnt be shocked if Houston takes him. JJ Watt and Clowney would be a hell of a tandem.
I'd heard on XM earlier this week that Houston is shopping their pick,possibly hoping for their "RG trade"

PhxRam

I'd heard on XM earlier this week that Houston is shopping their pick,possibly hoping for their "RG trade"

Is Clowney supposed to be the RG3?

If I recall correctly in that RG3 draft there was Luck and RG3 then there was quite a drop off in talent. I am not sure there is enough clear separation in talent to get a RG3 type trade.