Some Info From Inside the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Is Clowney supposed to be the RG3?

If I recall correctly in that RG3 draft there was Luck and RG3 then there was quite a drop off in talent. I am not sure there is enough clear separation in talent to get a RG3 type trade.

Well he's the closest thing hype wise to RG in this draft,I agree the REAL " separation" isn't there, but it wasn't "there" with RG either

Rockman

UDFA
No doubt some of our internet opinions are laughable to the real scouts but pointing out they are laughing at us is where the cheap shot is.

True that. We could easily laugh at some of their professional opinions and picks too. I could have pee'd on the Pead pick. What scout is responsible for that fiasco!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah. There is a lot of that. The "I'm an insider and everyone else is a fool" fragile ego nonsense is common. Does not mean the info is bad however. Also makes me appreciate the various humble and cool Rams players and others that have visited the board.
I have liked Matthews as our first pick all along so I hope it's accurate.

I'm an insider. I get insider whenever I can. :censored:

RamzFanz

Damnit

If Clowney goes and Rams can't get a trade down, I'm rooting for Watkins. Dude's a beast. His hands are like fly paper. I know we need O line and all, but that's BPA in my humble opinion. I would then try to work my way up to Robinson or Mathews.

jjab360

Legend

If I recall correctly in that RG3 draft there was Luck and RG3 then there was quite a drop off in talent. I am not sure there is enough clear separation in talent to get a RG3 type trade.
If we are to believe this guy, then the Rams view it as just Clowney and then quite a drop off. Hard to say how many teams feel like that, but if true that would make the no.1 overall pick quite a bit more valuable than the no.2 overall pick.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Clowney is at top of most if not all boards.
Watkins? Translation, Yeah he's better but the drop off in WR isn't as steep as it is at other positions.
If your going to fix the Oline do you do it with a T in the first or a G in the 2nd? That would depend on the Clowney conundrum. Take Clowney and might have to trade up to get Lewan.
If they do read boards I'm sure they get the giggles at times. It's no different as say a electrical engineer reading electrical help boards run by laymen and thinking "Geez I don't want them to wire my house". He could have left that part out because it discredited his story.

Whether any of it was true doesn't matter, it just echos what is said on a daily basis.The first round is idiot proof this year unless they trade down to far.

jjab360

Legend
?...................Bernie- esque.............esque,as in the sort of style,not that HE wrote it and sure some of the stuff on message boards is "humorous" to "insiders" but SAYING SO is assholery........pointless, adds nothing to the readers desire to continue reading MUCH like the way Bernie begins many columns by insulting those who might disagree,IOW Bernie-esque,or were you intentionally constructing a strawman?
Fair enough, that probably was a strawman. Even still, big difference between a professional writer and some poster on a football forum. Bernie's antagonizing is very unprofessional for getting paid to do what he does, but I don't see the need for such formalities around here.

duckhunter

Starter
I am vindicated with this inside info on Kenny Britt.

Only I, The Great Karnac, wise man from the east, soothsayer, seer, mystery revealer, listed Kenny Britt as our next great pro bowler.

(Better Berniefy my comment) If he doesn't make the cut, I knew that magic ball I got from the garage sale was no damn good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Scouts and NFL people laughing at fans? That's rich, they are wrong about draft picks just as often as anyone. I love the arrogance. Being an NFL scout doesn't make you right, if it did then Devanney would be the greatest GM of all time. He loved looking at tape and scouting to the point that he tracked down Beathard and sucked,well you know, until he got a job. Kiper loved Claussen, most loved Vernon Gholston.

Where does any NFL type get off ripping on draft fans?

That being said, the piece was written like a horoscope, like stated earlier.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't be a huge surprise if they took Watkins where they are or in a trade down. Andre Johnson is 32 and as great as he is time catches up with everyone.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I read it somewhere around combine time. It doesn't make sense at first. If they don't go QB. Then with a need before long to replace Johnson's production who better than Watkins? They have to know if they trade down Clowney is gone for sure and maybe Robinson/ Mathews. They would still risk losing Watkins if they traded down past 4. So if they want to upgrade the offense and give support to the QB they take in the 2nd they might just take Watkins. Clowney is graded better than any other player, but not by that much.
Texans still have a decent team talent wise, but they have a big decision on what to do with that 1st pick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
"To say they are "amused" at some people's opinions is putting it nicely, but I guess that's the punch line of a board like this, and the internet in general for that matter, anyone can participate"

I can't get past this shot he takes, clearly ego driven,Bernie-esque, little if anything new and possibly ALL BS
Yup, that's an ugly shot at the fan base that is so instrumental in the success of the NFL business. "Anyone" are people... human beings for Christ sakes - we're entitled to an opinion. Would they rather have us all just shut up and put our wallets back in our pockets? Who's going to support their ridiculous coaching salaries then?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
How the heck do you have more money then me?
Said the man who controls the money supply. Take a lesson from the international banking cartel and just crank up those printers :sneaky:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

No, by all accounts there are 4 elite prospects in this draft: Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, and Mack and would be considered elite prospects in any draft