Some Info From Inside the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
This was posted on the Herd Board
http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?5,470750,470750#msg-470750

Don't how true it is, but most of it makes sense. This person has posted some before and seems credible to me. Since we really know nothing at this point, it's up to you how much to believe.

Just thought I'd share it.

Some Info From Inside the Org
April 02, 2014 03:58PM
Posted by db

For those of you that don't know me, I don't post often, I worked for an NFL team and have a coaching contact and a senior scout contact with the Rams. They don't typically look at these boards during the season, but they do occasionally during the off-season, and here is some recent info from them. To say they are "amused" at some people's opinions is putting it nicely, but I guess that's the punch line of a board like this, and the internet in general for that matter, anyone can participate. But on to the info:

1. The Britt signing was a coup. Getting a potential #1 receiver for only $500K-ish of guaranteed money is simply a great deal. Its a flyer with minimal risk. If he acts up or can't perform, he's gone with minimal cap damage. That's why the signing took so long. Britt wanted a 2-year deal and more guaranteed money, but Demoff held firm, they knew he wanted to play for Fisher. He is not going to take a roster spot from someone they really like longer term. And anyone that thinks a one-year deal with a troubled receiver influences the Rams' draft plans is insulting their intelligence.

2. Fisher has no interest in Chris Johnson. The best aspect of having previous experience with players is that you have a better understanding of a player's heart, work ethic, and character (the most difficult things to judge from afar). He thinks Britt has it if he can get is off-field act together, but not Chris.

3. Clowney is the #1 player on their board currently and its not close. If he is available at #2, they are currently very split in the organization as to whether they take him and make it work, or use the opportunity to trade back. Having him and Quinn off the edge in passing situations and kicking Long and Hayes inside is very intriguing to the D staff, particularly with the mobile QB's in their division.

4. They like Watkins, but there is really a lot of talent in the draft at WR. For example, they don't have a great deal of grade separation currently between Watkins, Evans and Beckham. I did not get the feeling that there was any chance Watkins would be taken at #2. They intend to run the ball, and can get good receivers that fit their system later.

5. They feel they need to fix the OL first and foremost. They are all-in with Bradford, who is obviously coming off a big injury, and with that they absolutely need to protect him better, everything starts with that. They are very happy Saffold is back, but they don't want him at OT. That weakens the interior and he is just slightly better than average at OT. They will come out of this draft with either Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan. Fisher really likes Matthews, if they trade down from #2 he is the likely target. If Long is healthy they put him at ROT and groom him, if Long is not healthy then he is at LOT

6. They like Dix and obviously need a ball-hawking safety, but feel like 13 is too high for him. He is a target if they trade down.

Again, I'm just the messenger, but wanted to pass along. I don't read the board a ton, so I don't know how all of this jives with prevailing opinions, but from what I briefly read, I think people are pretty off-base with the Britt signing criticism. There is no risk here from a cap perspective or a draft perspective.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like you mentioned, not sure how true it is, but id be happy if it is true..

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sound logical. If true I could find nothing that would cause me heartburn. I fully agree with #6 completely...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sounds completely logical and of sound mind. Its definitely going to piss off some fan boys around here though....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sounds logical to me. I'd be willing to bet the targets are Mathews with a slight trade down and HaHa-Dix with another slight trade down, somewhat like was stated. The flies in the soup that would make them question themselves are of course the super talents of Clowney and Watkins. Of course, the Rams would not be too happy with the person reporting this across the web unless he was instructed to do to lay down cover fire. ;)

But you know all levels of the Rams' organization at least pop in here from time to time for a multitude of reasons.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds logical to me. I'd be willing to bet the targets are Mathews with a slight trade down and HaHa-Dix with another slight trade down, somewhat like was stated. The flies in the soup that would make them question themselves are of course the super talents of Clowney and Watkins. Of course, the Rams would not be too happy with the person reporting this across the web unless he was instructed to do to lay down cover fire. ;)

But you know all levels of the Rams' organization at least pop in here from time to time for a multitude of reasons.

To read my opinion

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sounds like what I would have guessed, honestly.

All excited!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
all of this sounds like what this board has been saying all along

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
"To say they are "amused" at some people's opinions is putting it nicely, but I guess that's the punch line of a board like this, and the internet in general for that matter, anyone can participate"

I can't get past this shot he takes, clearly ego driven,Bernie-esque, little if anything new and possibly ALL BS

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easy for me to believe the guy because he really didn't challenge any of my beliefs(well, except on Britt). :LOL:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easy for me to believe the guy because he really didn't challenge any of my beliefs(well, except on Britt). :LOL:

After re-reading I'm starting to realize he didn't challenge anyone's beliefs lol. Sorta reads like a horoscope, sounds accurate to everyone. He didn't really say anything we don't know

britt low risk high reward
like clowney but torn...
cj2k...duh
like watkins but a lot of talent. don't know if he is that far ahead of evans...

everything is worded so this person is guaranteed to be right. Or if not right at least not wrong.

tbux

Rookie
no offense- but I don't think this dude is connected and that type of info is kept REAL close to the vest to make sure things like this don't happen. I am skeptical- but who knows? I believe nothing I hear this time of year- because usually if something is leaked, it is intentional and has a purpose.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After re-reading I'm starting to realize he didn't challenge anyone's beliefs lol. Sorta reads like a horoscope, sounds accurate to everyone. He didn't really say anything we don't know

britt low risk high reward
like clowney but torn...
cj2k...duh
like watkins but a lot of talent. don't know if he is that far ahead of evans...

everything is worded so this person is guaranteed to be right. Or if not right at least not wrong.

Yea, even if he is connected, if I were his sources...I wouldn't give him anything earth shattering either.