so what's the verdict on Mr Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should be starting. He played a great game today aside from 3 bad decisions...the INT(which was a result of a blown assignment by Harkey), the 2nd INT, and the misread of Mincey dropping into coverage almost resulting in another INT.

However, this was only his second start. Young QBs make mistakes. He flashes a ton of ability. He missed Britt by inches on two deep balls. He hit Quick in stride on a 3rd deep ball. Davis earned the job imo.

Alan

Legend
I don't believe he's played better than Hill. But...Hill has no long term future with the Rams and Davis might. That should be part of the equation IMO.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Davis' first pick was not a good decision. Young guy just trying to make a play. He will learn from that mistake. The second pick would have been avoided if #89 would have not dropped a sure TD! We would not have been in the position on our final drive to get a FG to tie.

Rams0307

He's a good backup, that is all. He has a terrible deep ball, which is why he'll never be anything more than a backup. He's better than I thought he'd be when I watched him last year, but as the season plays out, the Austin Davis hyperbole from the fans will come back down to Earth...

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I liked him last year over Clemons. The kid has effort and I think he learns by playing. Every time he gets to play he improves. Why should we waste that on a guy who we know for sure is a backup.

Athos

Legend
I don't believe he's played better than Hill. But...Hill has no long term future with the Rams and Davis might. That should be part of the equation IMO.

lol. Hill hasn't even played dude, but like like one quarter. He's been outplayed if only by virtue of riding the bench.

Hill hasn't done anything to earn the starter job. Davis hasn't done anything to lose it.

He can't prevent Dallas from scoring through sheer will.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a good backup, that is all. He has a terrible deep ball, which is why he'll never be anything more than a backup. He's better than I thought he'd be when I watched him last year, but as the season plays out, the Austin Davis hyperbole from the fans will come back down to Earth...

His deep ball is actually pretty darn amazing. He was the most accurate QB in the league going into this week in terms of deep passing and he was inches from hitting Britt on those two long balls, hit Quick in stride on another deep ball for a TD, and hit Britt on that jump ball putting it just outside the reach of Claiborne.

I'm more concerned about his vision at the LOS than his deep ball. It seems like he has some issues seeing over the line clearly and teams can fool him by dropping DLs and backers just behind the DL out of his sight-line.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He should be starting. He played a great game today aside from 3 bad decisions...the INT(which was a result of a blown assignment by Harkey), the 2nd INT, and the misread of Mincey dropping into coverage almost resulting in another INT.

However, this was only his second start. Young QBs make mistakes. He flashes a ton of ability. He missed Britt by inches on two deep balls. He hit Quick in stride on a 3rd deep ball. Davis earned the job imo.

He also had two bad throws, they weren't INT's burt they were bad passes.

He is going to be a good one. We may have just gotten very, very lucky.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am not pulling him until I see him stop developing and then we can assess his performance he clearly is getting better and developing right before our eyes. he hasn't truly even gotten a lot of first team snaps or game time in the big picture. Lets see his ceiling first, no brainer for me but then again I GOT KNOW BRAIN.

bluecoconuts

Legend
30/42, 327 yards, 3 TD's, 2 INT's. Without the INT's, that's pretty impressive. Bradford has like 1 or 2 300 yard games.

He has 7. Which is more than known gunslinger Rex "fuck it I'm going deep" Grossman. And many others.

Irish

Starter
He is absolutely the best QB the Rams have right now.

He is absolutely not in any way the long term answer at QB for this team.

Alan

Legend
Athos with his view:
lol. Hill hasn't even played dude, but like like one quarter. He's been outplayed if only by virtue of riding the bench.

Hill hasn't done anything to earn the starter job. Davis hasn't done anything to lose it.

He can't prevent Dallas from scoring through sheer will.
I know you're excited about Austin's play but I disagree with your assessment. Hill played very well before he got hurt. Sure, he had that bad interception but then so did Davis. The only difference being that everyone is saying, "Davis is young and will learn from his mistake". I think that's kinda funny. Look at the INT that Romo threw for a pick six. Has he learned anything? All QBs make bad mistakes sometimes. Austin has never outplayed Hill and that is why Fisher says that Hill is our starter. Why else would he say that?

On the other hand, Hill is older than dirt and I think Davis has played almost as well as Hill. To me, that gives Davis a very slight edge because Davis might get better and Hill's skills are declining even as we speak.

Still, I don't think it's going to matter who starts this year. I'd like to see Davis starting but it's only because I'm hopeful that he will get better than Hill.

Next game, the Shegals and we rally around our starting QB and we will kick ass!!!!!!!!!!