Snead: if Donald decided to not report, it's something the organization "has to respect."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His entire rookie contract is guaranteed since he's a first round pick. AD is under contract and it seems isn't in camp on time. This is on him, he signed the deal and isn't fulfilling his side of it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just think it's bad mojo, creates bad blood, etc. He is under contract. We wouldn't ask him to take less if he would have under-performed. Greg Robinson got paid.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IF.......would mean that DL'ers like 4th yr player Ethan Westbrooks, 3rd season Matt Longacre,2nd season Morgan Fox & LTP In addition to rookie 6th rd pick Tanzel Smart getting observed for more reps.

We may even see Micheal Brockers in the 3 tech post too with NT's Mike Purcell & Omarius Bryant seeing first team action in Brockers NT post.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Snead stating that he respects AD's opinion/decision. You should always show respect for another man's opinions/decisions.

That doesn't mean that you also AGREE with the opinion/decision.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Donald has every right to not honor his deal and stay away from camp. The collective bargaining agreement spelled out the punishment that players face when they choose to exercise that option. It's no different than an NFL team choosing not to honor a player's contract with years remaining. It's business.

What annoys me is that Donald will probably expect the Rams to just forget the $40k per day he is racking up in fines. In order to discourage future holdouts, it's important the Rams follow through and collect those.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The best leaders in the league show up for camp, workouts, etc while this is getting resolved.

I am a little disappointed in AD if he's made the opposite choice.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think it's foolish to put any extra respect/loyalty into a company that would dump you the second they don't need you anymore. I support his decision and the Rams need to figure out a way to pay the man. It makes no sense for him to go to camp, get injured and lose out on a huge payday. Especially for training camp.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It makes no sense for him to go to camp, get injured and lose out on a huge payday. Especially for training camp.

Just curious; has this ever happened to a player?

I am guessing it has, but I can't think of a case.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD has a D.C. that can change him from a pro bowler to a defensive player of the year and he's sitting out. Instead of leading he's pouting.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Donald risks a daily $40,000 team fine, and if he doesn’t report by Aug. 8, he will not accrue a year toward free agency. Not a very smart move.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have been in talks with Donald's agent for months I'd hardly call that dragging their feet. Too bad AD isn't taking Tree's approach to negotiations.

Scirca

Rookie
If I were the Rams GM, I'd trade Aaron Donald for 2 first round picks, maybe more if possible. I despise disloyalty. This is a new team, with new coaches, and he is going to need help fitting into Coach Wade's new system. GOD THIS MAKES ME SICK.. LES SNEAD... you coward.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
GOD THIS MAKES ME SICK.. LES SNEAD... you coward.

whatever.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald risks a daily $40,000 team fine, and if he doesn’t report by Aug. 8, he will not accrue a year toward free agency. Not a very smart move.
If he holds out the whole time until he has to report to earn the years service it could cost him millions. He'll be fined more than he makes, hope they do if he keeps holding out.