Six targets the Rams could be eyeing in wake of the latest cap casualties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which one do you want the most?

• Total voters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is why I say that if he's got his head on straight, you make sure you get him.
Which you have no way of knowing, but at any moment he could fall back to old habits.
Bottom line is you just don't want to be in a position to depend on him, because at any moment he could be gone for good

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
IT *IS* imminent...

They were set to reinstate him (with a 4 game ban) last year... but he went to rehab instead. THAT decision alone makes him a much better candidate for reinstatement than before.

His last failed test, was due to having a couple beers after the season with his Football Team. He wanted to fit in at his teams social gathering. It wasn't like he went to his buddies house and smoked a pound of weed.

Gordon has been trying to turn the negative stigma around his name for a while... and it's been a long time since he's had real issues, rather than infractions.

I agree. He misunderstood that the protocols extended all year, rather than solely being during the season.

Now, the details of that misunderstanding and whether it's understandable are debatable.

I don't think there's any confusion this time around. He's in a one strike, you're done...forever...situation. And the strike zone for him is going to be enormous, so he's got zero room to mess up in any venue...substance...social media...nothing.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Which you have no way of knowing, but at any moment he could fall back to old habits.
Bottom line is you just don't want to be in a position to depend on him, because at any moment he could be gone for good

We aren't depending on him with the contract we give him. Not us, nor anyone in the league for that matter. He's got to prove it.

Which is why any contract with Gordon, will be a prove-it, incentive-laced, team precautionary contract that allows us to cut ties with him for any reason.

It's a LOW RISK/VERY HIGH REWARD type of signing.

The reward FAR OUTWEIGH the risk, especially with the way he's been trending the past couple of years.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If you look at how he played with RG3 throwing him passes in the 2016 preseason, he looked DOMINANT!

Better than anyone we've had since Bruce.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
If you look at how he played with RG3 throwing him passes in the 2016 preseason, he looked DOMINANT!

Better than anyone we've had since Bruce.

Josh Gordon can be better than any Wide Receiver in the league, if he's at 100%. His 2013 campaign, where he amassed close to 1700 yards, in only 12 games while playing at ~85% was simply legendary.

He was putting on a clinic to anyone who stood in his path. I will go on the record and say, if he comes back 100% and stays in the NFL, he'll be better than both Julio and Antonio Brown.

THAT'S WHY, we do everything in our power to get him. We've been searching for a #1 receiver for god knows how long? Gordon is on a silver platter.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
We aren't depending on him with the contract we give him. Not us, nor anyone in the league for that matter. He's got to prove it.

Which is why any contract with Gordon, will be a prove-it, incentive-laced, team precautionary contract that allows us to cut ties with him for any reason.

It's a LOW RISK/VERY HIGH REWARD type of signing.

The reward FAR OUTWEIGH the risk, especially with the way he's been trending the past couple of years.
Is he even going to be available? If/when he is reinstated, doesn't Cleveland own his rights? I wouldn't risk trading anything for him. A 1 yr - prove it deal, but i would not give up anything else until he proves he is right in the mind and heart.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Josh Gordon can be better than any Wide Receiver in the league, if he's at 100%. His 2013 campaign, where he amassed close to 1700 yards, in only 12 games while playing at ~85% was simply legendary.

He was putting on a clinic to anyone who stood in his path. I will go on the record and say, if he comes back 100% and stays in the NFL, he'll be better than both Julio and Antonio Brown.
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y This kid is like Grayson Allen of Duke. Not saying I even like the kid cause I can't stand him, but now since he has had all of those kicks to other guys groins and such he is considered dirty on any play he has. People evaluate his every move. Now with Gordon that's how he is going to be treated. He is now the posterboy of the lay off the weed in the NFL movement. It's sad cause Gordon was destroying Hoyer can only imagine what he would do with Goff (if he pans out).

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Is he even going to be available? If/when he is reinstated, doesn't Cleveland own his rights? I wouldn't risk trading anything for him. A 1 yr - prove it deal, but i would not give up anything else until he proves he is right in the mind and heart.

Cleveland is on record (can't find the link) saying they want nothing to do with Gordon if reinstated. The Fans, The Management, they all want to move on from him.

The best case would be to work out a trade with Cleveland.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Cleveland is on record (can't find the link) saying they want nothing to do with Gordon if reinstated. The Fans, The Management, they all want to move on from him.

The best case would be to work out a trade with Cleveland.
But then see. .. trade what? that would be something I would have to look at hard first. As of now, we can't afford to "waste" anything. And I would love to believe he has tackled his demons .... but damn ... just his history of it all scares me.
I don't doubt the talent at all. Unquestionable at least a top 5 WR talent wise ... but so far a 5¢ head :unsure:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
But then see. .. trade what? that would be something I would have to look at hard first. As of now, we can't afford to "waste" anything. And I would love to believe he has tackled his demons .... but damn ... just his history of it all scares me.
I don't doubt the talent at all. Unquestionable at least a top 5 WR talent wise ... but so far a 5¢ head :unsure:

We can trade Tru + Someone + a later pick

They would probably give us

Late 2nd, 3rd, CAP SPACE, + Rights to Gordon.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
We can trade Tru + Someone + a later pick

They would probably give us

Late 2nd, 3rd, CAP SPACE, + Rights to Gordon.
I would look long and hard at that ... but i would have to do my homework and KNOW that he is good to go. If so, it would definitely be a great deal for us for sure.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I would look long and hard at that ... but i would have to do my homework and KNOW that he is good to go. If so, it would definitely be a great deal for us for sure.

As you, and a lot of people know... I am a Josh Gordon fanboy... but admittedly, I would take a long hard look at it too, but I would ultimately take it.

Even if they give us a 3rd + 4th... It's still something to really think about.

CAPSPACE + PICKS + Gordon?

I KNOW Snead could make that happen... Even though it may be a little scary.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
ANY trade involving Gordon would have to involve having him in the building.

It's a helluva leap to sign him without meeting extensively with him and his agent.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
ANY trade involving Gordon would have to involve having him in the building.

It's a helluva leap to sign him without meeting extensively with him and his agent.

Maybe they've already done that? Maybe it was last year that they talked to him....there were quite a few reports that indicated the Rams were interested in him before last season started.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see I'm definitely in the minority on Josh Gordon.

I don't even think this has anything to do with the ganja use more so than it's an indictment on Josh Gordon's personal decision making. Look other players smoke weed but aren't caught up in the same situation Flash finds himself in.

I'm only suggesting Josh Gordon has way more Titus flowing through him than he does Chris Carter.

Guys like Cooper, Thomas, and Spruce, one of these guys may go on to be All Pro. I'd like for us to give them a chance and draft a young stud to be that next great Ram WR

But if Josh Gordon is in horns, i'll be his biggest fan

We shall see!!!
You're definitely not alone. I'd be ok if we added him but I don't think adding him is a great idea and I'm not holding my breath for him to stay clean or regain his form from 4 years ago. It would be a very neutral move.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
But that was an entirely different coaching crew.

I'd be okay either way, but I think it's better if the coaching staff can put their stamp of approval on it and be on the same page and not feel like he's being imposed on them by the front office.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You're definitely not alone. I'd be ok if we added him but I don't think adding him is a great idea and I'm not holding my breath for him to stay clean or regain his form from 4 years ago. It would be a very neutral move.

I thought more ROD Members were against Gordon... didn't know most people wanted him here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought more ROD Members were against Gordon... didn't know most people wanted him here.
I have no problem adding him. But these guys that think he's great and aren't worried about his past are IMO a little blind. He made some choices and really screwed up and I don't think he'll ever care more for football than gettin high. But if the Rams were to add him I'd let him compete for a spot on the roster but I'm not holding my breath.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I respect that, but you do realize he's only 25, right? And that when he went off on the league, he got nearly 1700 yards in 12 games.

If he was 29, I could see the concern, but dude's only 25 and looks to be in prime form.