Six targets the Rams could be eyeing in wake of the latest cap casualties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which one do you want the most?

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I respect that, but you do realize he's only 25, right? And that when he went off on the league, he got nearly 1700 yards in 12 games.

If he was 29, I could see the concern, but dude's only 25 and looks to be in prime form.
Absolutely and 21 is an adult. As an adult he made the choices that led to where he's at. He could have had 3,000 yards for all I care. He had the game in the palm of his hand and knowing full well it would cost him his career he couldn't put the joint down. Hopefully he has learned his lesson. But I know first hand from experience of people close to me that it's hard to change once you've gone that far down that road.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Absolutely and 21 is an adult. As an adult he made the choices that led to where he's at. He could have had 3,000 yards for all I care. He had the game in the palm of his hand and knowing full well it would cost him his career he couldn't put the joint down. Hopefully he has learned his lesson. But I know first hand from experience of people close to me that it's hard to change once you've gone that far down that road.

His last ban was for drinking a couple beers after the season with his team... Doesn't seem like his "addiction" to weed is the problem... more like he's under the microscope and got an infraction.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His last ban was for drinking a couple beers after the season with his team... Doesn't seem like his "addiction" to weed is the problem... more like he's under the microscope and got an infraction.
If he wasn't fully aware of the rules he'd broken and the further rules being applied to him than that's his and his agents fault. I don't give a damned if he was busted the last time for jay walking. He knew what he could and couldn't do and he couldn't keep his ass out of trouble. I am not speaking to the validity of the rules or what you or I or he or Santa Claus thinks of them because that's completely irrelevant. He knew the rules and what would get him in trouble. And he did it knowing it would cost him time playing in the NFL.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
If he wasn't fully aware of the rules he'd broken and the further rules being applied to him than that's his and his agents fault. I don't give a damned if he was busted the last time for jay walking. He knew what he could and couldn't do and he couldn't keep his ass out of trouble. I am not speaking to the validity of the rules or what you or I or he or Santa Claus thinks of them because that's completely irrelevant. He knew the rules and what would get him in trouble. And he did it knowing it would cost him time playing in the NFL.

Seriously? Okay... We'll agree to disagree.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? Okay... We'll agree to disagree.
Did he or did he not know the rules? Did he know if he broke them what were the ramifications? Did he then break the rules anyways? That's the question if he didn't know the rules then shame on him and especially shame on his agent and the Browns for not explaining them. Again I don't give a damn about anybody's feelings about what the weed or alcohol or PED rules are. They're the rules, the players know them because their Union agreed to them and if you break them I'm sorry I have no sympathy for you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ricky Williams sure seems to come to mind.
Too bad Josh didn't follow Ricky's example. Quit for a couple years to make more money then retire early and go back to doing what you want to do.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Too bad Josh didn't follow Ricky's example. Quit for a couple years to make more money then retire early and go back to doing what you want to do.

Josh essentially did the same when he volunteered for more rehab over returning last year, when he could have come back following the 4 game suspension.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Wait, so you're going with "21 year olds aren't too young to make dumb mistakes or not be totally mature"?

That's one way...but pretty sure life doesn't end up being that way in practice.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

The offense is proven, Robert Woods is a significant #2, Tavon will be an actual weapon in this offense and he will be able to earn as many targets as he is able unlike other teams where no matter how well he's doing, he'll be capped.

Honestly, I think he's the best out there available (one of the best playing) and LA will ultimately be the best situation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, so you're going with "21 year olds aren't too young to make dumb mistakes or not be totally mature"?

That's one way...but pretty sure life doesn't end up being that way in practice.
So he's old enough to sign a contract. He's old enough to agree to the rules set forth in that contract. But he's not old enough to be held accountable when his actions break the rules that he's agreed to? I'm not saying smoking weed is smart or dumb. I'm saying he knew what the consequences would be and he did it anyways.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh essentially did the same when he volunteered for more rehab over returning last year, when he could have come back following the 4 game suspension.
If he's cleaned himself up then he's taken the first step. Though Ricky was never in as much trouble as Josh has been in, not even close.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams OL flat out got "schooled" last season. They were ignorant and clueless with no seasoned vet to impart opossing D's "tricks of the trade". Guys like Whitworth and Mangold would make sure that doesn't happen again.

Adding two 10+ year veterans to the Rams OL would be huge, not only for their level of play but for the knoweledge they can impart to the youngsters. Veteran not only supply leadership, they help teach. Rams have been sorely lacking a vet O lineman.

Sounds good , but Mangold is not worth the risk .

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

If I were Gordon i'd jump at a Rams opportunity to automatically become THE # 1 WR getting the most looks from your young QB. The Rams are one player away from a very solid O-Line and have some of the best coaching in the game. One look at some college tape will show Gordon just how accurately Goff can pitch the ball. jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
None of those WR's you named are going to scare defenses out of the box, neither will a rookie. Gordon will be very cheap on the CAP and his presence will be immediately noticeable on the field. If he fails his sobriety, he's done and we barely lose a thing. Even if we lose him to free agency in 2018, he can be an excellent bridge to help Goff get off to a strong 2017. jmo.

I'm sure Goff can get him some good No Cal Bud . Now a dazys you can find almost anything with a card . Got to love the genetics of MAryjane.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
So he's old enough to sign a contract. He's old enough to agree to the rules set forth in that contract. But he's not old enough to be held accountable when his actions break the rules that he's agreed to? I'm not saying smoking weed is smart or dumb. I'm saying he knew what the consequences would be and he did it anyways.

Actually some athletes don't. They grow up shielded from consequences in HS and college.

In Gordon's case, he had multiple issues and still got to the NFL and then still had a season that's among the best ever even missing 4 games.

I'm not trying to dwell on the past. He made mistakes whether it was okay or not. My deal is that he wasn't doing anything violent or harming anyone else beyond immature.

And it's inarguable that his talent is still among the best in the league, bar none. The ONLY question is whether or not he's now capable of handling being a pro or not.

If he is, it's silly not to have him. That's why I would want him to be in the building and have a consensus from the coaching staff.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'm sure Goff can get him some good No Cal Bud . Now a dazys you can find almost anything with a card . Got to love the genetics of MAryjane.

It's all about the dabs! :D

... not saying I do marijuana or anything.... (y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually some athletes don't. They grow up shielded from consequences in HS and college.

In Gordon's case, he had multiple issues and still got to the NFL and then still had a season that's among the best ever even missing 4 games.

I'm not trying to dwell on the past. He made mistakes whether it was okay or not. My deal is that he wasn't doing anything violent or harming anyone else beyond immature.

And it's inarguable that his talent is still among the best in the league, bar none. The ONLY question is whether or not he's now capable of handling being a pro or not.

If he is, it's silly not to have him. That's why I would want him to be in the building and have a consensus from the coaching staff.
Again, and it's getting tired repeating myself on this, if the Rams sign him great! But don't expect me to hold my breath for him to stay clean. If he proves me wrong I'll applaud him and be very happy that the man decided to play football instead of get high. But until he proves me wrong I'm under no obligation to ignore his past transgressions. He made mistakes and until he proves himself beyond those mistakes he's open to criticism for them.

You follow what I'm saying here?