Sherman confirmed out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Damn this sucks. Now there is a good chance some network signs Sherman while he is injured and we have to listen to that loudmouth way more than ever before. I would rather he stay on the field.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't like anyone going down due to injury, but I do like the timing as not only is this likely a wasted season for Seattle, but the 29 year old Sherman will be another year older at a time he'll be in the final year of his contract. 30 isn't old for an athlete in excellent condition, but his best years will definitely be behind him once he returns.
While the Rams are developing into a young powerhouse, Seattle & Arizona are declining & aging. As poor as the 49'ers are, with Garoppolo now leading the troops, his team's development is maybe only 1 to 2 years behind the Rams. I'm guessing that S.F. could best both Seattle & Arizona as early as next year with a strong draft and free agency period. Since Garoppolo is due to become a free agent, he will cost the 9'ers a small boatload, but they do have a good deal of CAP space to get the job done, and it only cost them a 2'nd round pick for what is likely to become their future 'franchise' QB. Seattle looks to be in a kind of CAP hell next season and Arizona must decide on the continued viability of aging QB Carson Palmer and the potential free agent/retiree all-pro WR Larry Fitzgerald. In no more than two years the old strong & bitter rivalry between L.A. & S.F. should be headlining the sports pages again as they both vie for leadership in the NFL West. jmo.

Completely agree. People may not realize it but Arizona is already done and Seattle was already falling apart. When you build your team around your secondary it’s short lived those guys can beging to decline at an early age. Sherman’s days of dominance have come to a close. The stats already bare it out.

1 super bowl is all the LOB will ever
Win mark my words.

Teams that build around the QB are the ones that build the lasting Dynasty’s. And With Goff at 23 we are sitting pretty for many years to come.

I am not sure Garoppolo will be any good at all but we will soon find out.

One thing we know, Jared can lead a #1 offense in all the NFL. And he hasn’t even played a full season yet.

It’s looking like a Rams Strangelhold on the division for years to come, much like the way Green Bay or the Patriots do.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Completely agree. People may not realize it but Arizona is already done and Seattle was already falling apart. When you build your team around your secondary it’s short lived those guys can beging to decline at an early age. Sherman’s days of dominance have come to a close. The stats already bare it out.

1 super bowl is all the LOB will ever
Win mark my words.

Teams that build around the QB are the ones that build the lasting Dynasty’s. And With Goff at 23 we are sitting pretty for many years to come.

I am not sure Garoppolo will be any good at all but we will soon find out.

One thing we know, Jared can lead a #1 offense in all the NFL. And he hasn’t even played a full season yet.

It’s looking like a Rams Strangelhold on the division for years to come, much like the way Green Bay or the Patriots do.

And that was Stan and Demoff's long term goal all along. Funny how much hate they got over the years as they slowly worked to turn this thing into their stated plan.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am probably in the minority, but I want to beat a healthy Seattle. I don’t want to hear them say “Yeah, but we weren’t healthy” when we beat them next time we play each other. We are good enough to beat them, we should have beaten them last time we played. All we can do now is beat the holy crap out of them. So be it. :sneaky:
I hear you, but no one will really care if we beat a depleted Hawks teams enroute to great things (playoffs,Super Bowl?), no one remembers the circumstances in that path of success...just that we won.

Part of being a good team is having a squad that's available, which covers injuries, old age, etc...We just need to beat them down now.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Earl Thomas is amazing, but those two feed off each other. The Seahawks can use Thomas to protect the other CB because they trust Sherman. Without Sherman, Thomas is going to be stretched thin. The Seahawks were already having issues with their pass defense. This is huge.

IMHO - this is as big a deal as Watson going down for the Texans. Sherman (love him or hate him) is a lock down CB, and basically shuts out whichever WR he's marking, freeing up Thomas to wreak havoc. I've now pushed the pendulum in the Rams' favour to win in Seattle now - I hate to see players go down, whoever they are, but I guess it is part of the game...

TexasRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Won't that end his career?

From what I read and I am no doctor, about 36% of athletes never return from this injury. Typically only 50% of the power returns and athletes that do return last only 3-4 more years. Kobe Bryant only played 6 games the year after he tried returning from this injury.

For a CB this is devastating. Kind of hard to cover world class WR’s when you have only one leg at full power.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know some who tore her Achilles recently ... and bear in mind she won’t get the medical care that nfl teams can provide but she has just had the op and been told it’s a minimum of three months to heal and then 6 rehab (and she doesn’t have to play football on it ) he could be done

Also seems to be a changin gnof the guard in the West .. cards and Seahawks are old as dirt
We are looking pretty darn good and San Fran are in a really good spot right now they have a potential franchise QB in Grapolo a shot at the one or two overall draft pick and teams will want to move up for Rosen or darnold they could turn it around it pretty quickly if they get a decent return on trading down and a good FA ...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate to hear this and wish him a full recovery.

With 8 games left to go... we need good fortune.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As long as the lazy eyed one is taking the snaps, Seattle will still worry me....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
As long as the lazy eyed one is taking the snaps, Seattle will still worry me....

I have a feeling that Wade will have a plan for Wilson in our next encounter. Our D has been firing on all cylinders in recent games, I don't think he will want to beaten again by the seahawks

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that was Stan and Demoff's long term goal all along. Funny how much hate they got over the years as they slowly worked to turn this thing into their stated plan.

Lol at you mentioning Stan. His only goal was moving the team to LA. Now Demoff on the other hand Job is building a winner. This isn’t any hate on Stan it’s just facts. Stan hires people to do the job he don’t interfere which is one of the reasons why I did like him., But that could also mean he isn’t as fully invested so when they went all those years losing he was trusting people to make it right when he should have stepped in and did something but then who would have orchestrated the move to la no one but fisher could have done that

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never root for an injury , but since it happened and he's an idiot I say ok . Pushing the doctor away last night showed what a classless act he is .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling that Wade will have a plan for Wilson in our next encounter. Our D has been firing on all cylinders in recent games, I don't think he will want to beaten again by the seahawks

Does his plan include our dbs not falling over when an interception is up for grabs when that little oompa loompa lollipops a ball in the air?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I feel bad for Sherman never like seeing a player get injured. Now let's focus on Houston and hope & pray our good fortune continues.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I feel bad for Sherman never like seeing a player get injured. Now let's focus on Houston and hope & pray our good fortune continues.
I don't either Den, but Sherman or Seattle will get no sympathy from this Rams fan.

If our LT goes down tomorrow teams will exploit and feast on it. Injuries happen and we've seen some soul crushing back breakers of our own right here.

And yes...we've been fortunate in that regard thus far. It's about damned time too.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nobody remembers the whiners beat up on a shit division for a decade. They only remember they won. The rams need to take advantage of any lucky breaks they get.