Sherman confirmed out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I am probably in the minority, but I want to beat a healthy Seattle. I don’t want to hear them say “Yeah, but we weren’t healthy” when we beat them next time we play each other. We are good enough to beat them, we should have beaten them last time we played. All we can do now is beat the holy crap out of them. So be it. :sneaky:

I hope we blow them off the field so they complain about how unfair it was all season long.

The league may want to start considering how they schedule these things. I know the idea of only having teams coming off bye weeks play on Thursday has been floated around.

It's stupid that the competition committee can't see how this makes sense. But going to London gets the time off?

Completely agree. People may not realize it but Arizona is already done and Seattle was already falling apart. When you build your team around your secondary it’s short lived those guys can beging to decline at an early age. Sherman’s days of dominance have come to a close. The stats already bare it out.

Not just that but they gave a lot of money to guys who are getting up there in age. This is not a team that has a window anymore IMO.

Pushing the doctor away last night showed what a classless act he is .

I commented on that in the game thread. Sherman has treated people plenty of times, and has acted classless as much or more than any player I can recall. There is a reason people dislike him.

And I agree with you, but I prefer to beat a team at their best, however, Rams deserve a few breaks after years of not getting them.

The Rams need to stay healthy. One thing SB winners usually have is a healthy team.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Aside from the Thunder, OKC is a crap hole. Haven't been there in 10 years.

I miss the simple life of Tulsa.
I hear that. My bad that I thought you were OKC. Yes, Tulsa definitely works out better for all. :cheers:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a POS so could care less tbh. Never root for any player to be injured but gotta admit I enjoyed reading that news.

Enjoy watching your $hitty team get eliminated early in the playoffs MFer, if they even make it. :mrburnsevil:

Turducken

Starter
I think that NFL historians will mark this season as the last in the Legion of Boom Era. For several years I've been telling 12'ers to enjoy the run while it lasts, because they won't get their "dynasty". Defense is getting creaky and Russell Wilson won't get away with the Fran Tarkenton thing forever. The LOB and GSOT are going to be viewed as NFC West equivalents in the end. Five or six playoff trips, two SB appearances, one win, and a handful of HOFers. Find a 12er and offer them your sympathy - as a Ram fan you know what it is like to watch a team that seems inches away from a dynasty, fail to get there and then begin to unravel. Bring along a jar to capture their tears.

Ram65

Legend
Listening to the Zeke Elliott not playing against the Eagles next week talk was similar to reading this. Some want to beat Dallas at full strength and some just want to crush Dallas without Zeke.

Rams still have to go out and beat them and win the title. This could be a rallying point for the Hags. Rams could beat them with or without Sherman. Who knows who will get injured as the season progresses. The games are still to be decided so I'll take the injury and it's next man up for the Hags.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I am probably in the minority, but I want to beat a healthy Seattle. I don’t want to hear them say “Yeah, but we weren’t healthy” when we beat them next time we play each other. We are good enough to beat them, we should have beaten them last time we played. All we can do now is beat the holy crap out of them. So be it. :sneaky:
Won't really matter their fans will always find an excuse for losing to us

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol at you mentioning Stan. His only goal was moving the team to LA. Now Demoff on the other hand Job is building a winner. This isn’t any hate on Stan it’s just facts. Stan hires people to do the job he don’t interfere which is one of the reasons why I did like him., But that could also mean he isn’t as fully invested so when they went all those years losing he was trusting people to make it right when he should have stepped in and did something but then who would have orchestrated the move to la no one but fisher could have done that

I disagree. Demond stated long ago that their goal was to modeled after the Patriots after Stan hired him. It was a shared vision. Trouble is the best option to coach the team has just not been there. Lineman, Spags, and Fisher were top candidates at the time. A Belichick doesn't come along very often, and neither does a McVay. Picking a coach is usually done from a limited playing field. Who could they have hired that was considered ready to be a head coach in those instances? It is all about timing.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree. Demond stated long ago that their goal was to modeled after the Patriots after Stan hired him. It was a shared vision. Trouble is the best option to coach the team has just not been there. Lineman, Spags, and Fisher were top candidates at the time. A Belichick doesn't come along very often, and neither does a McVay. Picking a coach is usually done from a limited playing field. Who could they have hired that was considered ready to be a head coach in those instances? It is all about timing.
My point still stands. Stan wants to win all owners do but they don’t make money off of wins and losses. So while Stan said all the right things it really didn’t matter to his bottom line.

Stan is the type of owner to empower the people he hire which is definitely a good thing. Demoff was in charge of putting together a winner and making sure the right people was hired Stan was just signing the checks. The same as he does with all of his sports franchises.

Now when I say Stans goal was to move the team he didn’t care about winning or losing, I say that because he wasn’t losing any money. While attendance was down at the dome it wasn’t a massive drop and the bulk of the money comes from tv revenue which is shared, not to mention Stan got a lot of the money from concessions even when the Rams wasn’t playing he had a great deal at the dome that saw him get paid year round.

Stan just opened up his pocket book when he hired fisher. It’s all about perception since he knew he was moving the team. Fisher is well respected in the league and he just so happened orchestrated a move to a new city. It’s the perfect scenario. We all remember the “I put a lot of jack”into this city to move them line he used and he could back that up because he paid fisher and his staff very good. But like I said it’s all perception. Fisher got a long 5 year deal then got extended it just that the losses was so bad that fan interest in LA was very poor and he was worried about the new stadium.

But from all the poor years in STl the only thing Stan can say is I opened up my pocket book. He didn’t step in one time to change things he didn’t become more involved in the day to day operations he barely came to the games but he is all over the place now that they are in LA.

I like Stan as an owner I love him as the owner of the Rams but I don’t like Stan the person.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ladies and gentlemen, if you ever wondered what X does in his spare time . . . . ;)
Spare time, free time, on-the-job time, sleepy time, TV time, whenever.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Too many posters seem to be a little too close to "happy" about this. It's bad karma. I believe the football gods are real and, like Santa Claus, are watching you.

There's absolutely nothing good about an athlete facing a potentially career-ending injury, no matter what team he plays for.

Ooh, so you're a better person. Congrats.

meme+award.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Too many posters seem to be a little too close to "happy" about this. It's bad karma. I believe the football gods are real and, like Santa Claus, are watching you.

There's absolutely nothing good about an athlete facing a potentially career-ending injury, no matter what team he plays for.

I respect your opinion, but if that athlete is Wilson, Sherman, Chancelor, Graham or Bennett ... then I truly am happy. Sad but true. Deal with it. :)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I know some who tore her Achilles recently ... and bear in mind she won’t get the medical care that nfl teams can provide but she has just had the op and been told it’s a minimum of three months to heal and then 6 rehab (and she doesn’t have to play football on it ) he could be done

Also seems to be a changin gnof the guard in the West .. cards and Seahawks are old as dirt
We are looking pretty darn good and San Fran are in a really good spot right now they have a potential franchise QB in Grapolo a shot at the one or two overall draft pick and teams will want to move up for Rosen or darnold they could turn it around it pretty quickly if they get a decent return on trading down and a good FA ...

Someone may have beat me to this, but I think Darnold is going back to school after a subpar year for him. It appears this draft class at QB that looked to be really strong isn’t going to be that after all. Which means teams that have a top 3 pick are going to see them be even more valuable.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I

And I agree with you, but I prefer to beat a team at their best, however, Rams deserve a few breaks after years of not getting them.

Same. Only reason I’m not fretting is teams have been ruthlessly stepping on our necks for a decade through injury streaks that have been historically unlucky at times.

As I said, health is part of which teams win, especially in the playoffs. Sometimes it’s the most important part.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Ooh, so you're a better person. Congrats.

meme+award.jpg

If you say so. My post actually was more about superstition and karma than anyone's moral fiber, but if I struck a nerve I apologize and I do hope that one day you'll be able to locate your balls so posts like mine won't cause quite this level of butthurt. Cheers.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
I respect your opinion, but if that athlete is Wilson, Sherman, Chancelor, Graham or Bennett ... then I truly am happy. Sad but true. Deal with it. :)

Just tellin' ya, it's bad karma! If one of our guys goes down I'm looking square at you! :wabbit: