Sherman confirmed out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Obviously this is good news for the Rams hopes.

That said, Sherman is a hell of a player and I wouldn't ever wish injury on him.

Dude said this as been a nagging injury for a while this season and that he knew it would eventually catch up to him. He just wanted to keep playing for the sake of his team. I respect his toughness and attitude, and I'm sure he'll eventually come back from this.

TexasRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lane is still on the team. Houston failed his physical so the trade was reworked with different draft pick compensation.

Yea there is a reason they tried to move him in the first place.

But back on Sherman, while his play has started to decline he still rated 13th among all cornerbacks last year. No longer the best in the business but one of the better starters in the league.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Yea there is a reason they tried to move him in the first place.

But back on Sherman, while his play has started to decline he still rated 13th among all cornerbacks last year. No longer the best in the business but one of the better starters in the league.

Yeah, Lane isn't even playing that well to begin with. A mid-tier player at best.

Got a rookie in Shaq Griffin who was getting picked on already, and Justin Coleman in the slot who is aggressive and penalty prone.

They need Kam and Earl healthy and performing extremely well to keep pace.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Obviously this is good news for the Rams hopes.

That said, Sherman is a hell of a player and I wouldn't ever wish injury on him.

Dude said this as been a nagging injury for a while this season and that he knew it would eventually catch up to him. He just wanted to keep playing for the sake of his team. I respect his toughness and attitude, and I'm sure he'll eventually come back from this.
Don't like to see anyone injured. An Achilles tear is no joke, it's serious. Hope that Sherman can fully recover..
However... it was not long ago that the Rams lost their starting qb and starting left tackle two years in a row. Luck and injuries are a big deal. Maybe we are now due some good luck.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I actually don't hate Sherman. He's an L.A. boy and he's a good dude from things I've read and heard. Hate to see him get injured. I wonder if playing Thursday had anything to do with the injury. Not enough recovery time... etc etc?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I actually don't hate Sherman. He's an L.A. boy and he's a good dude from things I've read and heard. Hate to see him get injured. I wonder if playing Thursday had anything to do with the injury. Not enough recovery time... etc etc?

He said this has been a nagging thing for a while, but I doubt playing on Thursday helped it any.

The league may want to start considering how they schedule these things. I know the idea of only having teams coming off bye weeks play on Thursday has been floated around.

Lot of star players getting hurt isn't good for anyone.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I am not afraid to voice that I want Seattle players to have their fair share of injuries. (They usually don't)
So I won't lose any sleep over injured Seattle players. I hate that team with fiery fury.

BKBISTRO

UDFA
I hate Richard Sherman, but I feel bad for the guy. He'll never be the same - maybe 1 or 2 more decent seasons at most after surgery.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't like anyone going down due to injury, but I do like the timing as not only is this likely a wasted season for Seattle, but the 29 year old Sherman will be another year older at a time he'll be in the final year of his contract. 30 isn't old for an athlete in excellent condition, but his best years will definitely be behind him once he returns.
While the Rams are developing into a young powerhouse, Seattle & Arizona are declining & aging. As poor as the 49'ers are, with Garoppolo now leading the troops, his team's development is maybe only 1 to 2 years behind the Rams. I'm guessing that S.F. could best both Seattle & Arizona as early as next year with a strong draft and free agency period. Since Garoppolo is due to become a free agent, he will cost the 9'ers a small boatload, but they do have a good deal of CAP space to get the job done, and it only cost them a 2'nd round pick for what is likely to become their future 'franchise' QB. Seattle looks to be in a kind of CAP hell next season and Arizona must decide on the continued viability of aging QB Carson Palmer and the potential free agent/retiree all-pro WR Larry Fitzgerald. In no more than two years the old strong & bitter rivalry between L.A. & S.F. should be headlining the sports pages again as they both vie for leadership in the NFL West. jmo.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Sucks, don't sleep on the shecocks. Beat the living daylights out of them