Season Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well to be honest I vented there lol. But I'm really not upset. Falcons deserve a lot of cred man, that was one tough, disciplined team we faced tonight. I'm a happy fan all things considered, we have a young QB and offensive backfield, a great young coach, and a top DC. This team is gonna be back in it next year.
Yeah, I saw that. ;)

It was a stressful game to watch, but it was such a great season.
I'm confident going I to the off-season knowing we'll get this defense stronger.
Let's get Wade the players he needs to run his style of play and we will be almost impossible to beat.

Cheers Merlin.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Good season, looking forward to next year.

On to the draft. What are the positions of need? Does Wade take a NT? Does McVay draft a LT to groom?

Ellard80

Legend
Good season, looking forward to next year.

On to the draft. What are the positions of need? Does Wade take a NT? Does McVay draft a LT to groom?

We can't do that in this thread! You will get scolded because it insinuates that the other players are not good enough!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate being able to watch an entire season of RAMS football with a warm feeling that we are not out of any game. It’s been awhile that we can say that and it can only get better with experience in this new system of McVay.

Name
Remote Control
This was the most fun I’ve had since ‘99.

I’m a STL guy that moved out here in ‘98.

So the Rams moving was ok by me.

I like Goffs pocket presence, beyond that I think he’s a win by not turning the ball over QB.

This season has showed us that we have the best RB in football and a generational DT, not to mention a young hungry coach.

The future is bright. And the cap is huge, let’s get one done real soon.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
It's been a long time since I was able to watch a Rams playoff game. That in it self is great as a fan. We are still young and will be even better next year. Love this season. Way to play hard and provide a very good season Rams. On to next year.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As angry sad and annoyed as I am rt now I do see the bigger picture I just hope they can continue to hit on draft picks as well as sprinkle in a key free agent or two especially for depth. This hurt but who thought we would even have this opportunity this season so is at it is. As far as this team well I hope they can build on this and I'm preying that this isn't a one hit wonder not only will our free agents be important but league will not be surprised by the Rams next year and it seems (and we know things can change) that our schedule next year is pretty brutal so here's hoping for the best. Thanks guys for a great season it's been fun watching the games and chiming in on here it was all so new to me lol but hard as it is for us rt now congrats on a great season and thanks again. Will be on here constantly for rumors and random chats but for now I need to cool off lol

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Major disappointment for I know we are a better team than the Falcons-but we weren't better today. Goff had an average game but he sure looked nervous at times. Putting that aside the Rams had a great season and all Rams fans sure enjoyed watching them. I don't know if one great season leads to another but McVay is an awesome coach--a true genius at his profession. Need a good draft for the 49ers will be better next year and we need to beat our divisional opponents. It was great to see all those Ram fans at the Coliseum. Enjoy your off-season Rams fans and looking forward to Sept. 2018 the week after Labor Day when it all starts over. And don't forget Spring Training is just 6 weeks away and I love baseball:: my two favorite games by far, football and baseball. You can take the other games.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yes, thank you Rams for a great season. It was beyond my wildest expectations. And I have already eaten my crow about Coach McVeigh.

Let’s look forward to a bright future.

BlackSheep

UDFA
Thanks to all of you ROD guys and gals-
What a GREAT season. I appreciate all of your info, insight, and most of all your passion for our RAMS. It was great to see a stadium full of Rams fans. A handful of mistakes by the youngest, most inexperienced team in the league cost us this game but you have to love the way they kept coming back, especially Goff! The future is bright my Rams brothers and sisters and I can’t wait til next September!

Take Care!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Too soon for me...can’t appreciate the season until I can accept that it’s over

Still in denial

Saints loss changed it all

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It was a fun season. I will say this though. Robert Woods is our #1.

He doesn’t have Sammy’s speed, but the dude shows up when Sammy doesn’t. That deep ball on the last drive went right between Watkins hands, and the non holding call in the end zone hit him in the hands. That’s not a #1.

Actually, Woods is basically as fast as Sammy. When you look at the NextGen stats, Woods is faster than people think and Gurley and Woods' top end was higher than Sammy's.

Sammy's fast, but I think Woods is actually faster.

Also, not enough is being made that Sammy is young and if you watch him in Buffalo, he wasn't running the full route tree.

He's got the natural talent to be a dominant number one, but he needs more coaching and work.

If he stays, I think he'll look very different next year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Major disappointment for I know we are a better team than the Falcons-but we weren't better today. Goff had an average game but he sure looked nervous at times. Putting that aside the Rams had a great season and all Rams fans sure enjoyed watching them. I don't know if one great season leads to another but McVay is an awesome coach--a true genius at his profession. Need a good draft for the 49ers will be better next year and we need to beat our divisional opponents. It was great to see all those Ram fans at the Coliseum. Enjoy your off-season Rams fans and looking forward to Sept. 2018 the week after Labor Day when it all starts over. And don't forget Spring Training is just 6 weeks away and I love baseball:: my two favorite games by far, football and baseball. You can take the other games.

Bill Walsh, Chuck Knox, Bill Belichick, Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson... they all lost regular season games and playoff games.

How many doubted that McVay could radically change the culture... at all?

Now, the culture was totally changed in one year and most of the 3-4 is installed and made to work even with a less than optimal roster for it. He and staff got Goff on track and created the opportunity for Gurley to have an MVP level season.

We knew going in that power running teams gave us trouble and no one counted on THIS being the game where Pharoah Cooper did an amazing Tavon Austin impersonation with drops and hesitant running. Tough game.

That said, this game may have been the most valuable of the season, even more so than the Seahawk beatdown.

I say this because it put in high relief what changes need to be made for us to get to that next level.

That's a gift that I truly hope Snead, the FO, scouts, and coaches take to heart.

The changes a team needs to make aren't always so apparent or so clearly delineated.

Sometimes the greatest gift is the failure that is the lamppost that shines to way to victory.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
No doubt this year has surpassed all of our expectations. The future is very bright. I can't wait for next year.

RAMS1083

UDFA
Name
L.T
Yea i cant wait for next season already, and I'm glad Rams lost in wildcard instead of the Superbowl. Now that would've hurt. Rams did (drat) good this year to say their the 2nd youngest team in nfl. Mcvay coach of the year, Goff most improved player, TG30 MVP or runner up. So things are looking up next year. And most of all its January and its time to talk draft, old Rams teams we would've been talking draft in mid October. So looking forward to 2018-2019 playoff run.