Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It's the IT factor.
As in what Quick and Cook don't (and never will) have.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm curious, why would you place Kush ahead of Barnes?:cautious:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1620607-eric-kush-to-kansas-city-how-does-center-fit-with-chiefs
images

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/C/Eric-Kush

Explosive and hard-working lineman with a versatile game. Sets with a wide base, bends his knees, and keeps his head on a swivel. Shows good awareness and displays a nice sense for what's happening on the field. Makes good use of blocking angles, effectively works his hands throughout the action, and knocks defenders from the play. Disciplined in pass protection and possesses adequate footwork in space. Effectively quarterbacks the offensive line.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8577/eric-kush
Rams signed C Eric Kush ...
The Rams are shuffling their line depth after a dreadful Week 10 performance. Tim Barnes has been one of the league's worst centers this season. Tue, Nov 17, 2015 04:43:00 PM
something tells me this guy's gonna help Todd Gurley & Goff out a bunch....

As in what Quick and Cook don't (and never will) have.
Stop it.....Cook & Quick will have career years with these new QB's....Quick just needs targets...Cooks gonna get his with Rodgers...

I remember the Stanford game his Senior year, they blitzed the hell out of him. He had no answer for it.
I remember that game as well....Think a few teams followed the same blueprint after that game....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 game in pre-season i saw a guy recognize his pre snap reads threw the ball to allow run after the catch and hung in the pocket to make a big time throw on 3rd down. His deliverly was quick and accurate. I think we have a very good qb room, from top to bottom something we havent had in a long time.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
1 game in pre-season i saw a guy recognize his pre snap reads threw the ball to allow run after the catch and hung in the pocket to make a big time throw on 3rd down. His deliverly was quick and accurate. I think we have a very good qb room, from top to bottom something we havent had in a long time.
Always been a big fan of Mannion
We have a great future at QB if this keeps up

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Dxmissile. I feel bad that you are getting hammered for doing so. I'd rather read opinions I might not agree with than read blowhards telling others they don't know football.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One note on Mannion is he is very good at going to the guy he trusts and looks different when doing so. In his junior year at Oregon, when he had Cooks at WR, he had his security blanket and everything played off of that. The following season without Cooks he was lost man, and as I've mentioned before I didn't think it was all his fault but in the guy's favor he never pointed the finger or blamed anyone but himself.

The guy might not be a long term starting caliber QB in this league, but he's a great teammate by all reports and when he has the protection and a go-to WR he can be very productive. I'm really proud of how he played and how nice is it to see, as @Dxmissile pointed out, such a deep QB room?

I feel very, very comfortable with our QBs right now.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Dxmissile. I feel bad that you are getting hammered for doing so. I'd rather read opinions I might not agree with than read blowhards telling others they don't know football.

Thanks.. I feel the same way

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mannion took charge and had the other ten guys believing in him and playing hard for him. He managed the game very well, was decicive, got the ball out, moved the chains and scored 3 times. I saw a much more improved QB than I saw last season. Mannion may not be starter material now, but certainly is capable of being a backup. If he keeps developing, he's going to be playing in the NFL for a while.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Mannion was getting the ball out on time and running the offense smoothly. Brady is the master of the dink and dunk offense and taking shots after the D starts cheating up. I'm really pleased compared to his 1st preseason game last year. 18/25 147 and 3 TDs is nothing to sneeze about for any Ram QB these days. Now I'm equally excited to see Mannion next week like I am Goff.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Mannion looked good. Feet looked good, release and throws looked good, but what I really liked is he was clearly in charge and confident out there. Goff got screwed by the WRs so it's too soon to compare their production.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Flacco won a super bowl.
Just because Mannion did not get playing time last year does NOT mean he is not a good QB. Fisher is notorious for not playing players that should be playing, Stacy, Bailey, etc... the list goes on. and don't give me any crap about Stacy now, at the time he was playing very well and better then any other RB the Rams had.
Mannion should have been playing last year but in Fisher Land you have to meet some ridicules criteria to warrant starting even though no other QB was playing well and the guy needed reps.
So if Mannion can play as well as Flacco then the Rams did over pay for Goff because they could have drafted players they need.
With that said Goff does look pretty darn good and it probably was the right move at the time. But it would have been nice to see Mannion get some playing time last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flacco won a super bowl.
Just because Mannion did not get playing time last year does NOT mean he is not a good QB. Fisher is notorious for not playing players that should be playing, Stacy, Bailey, etc... the list goes on. and don't give me any crap about Stacy now, at the time he was playing very well and better then any other RB the Rams had.
Mannion should have been playing last year but in Fisher Land you have to meet some ridicules criteria to warrant starting even though no other QB was playing well and the guy needed reps.
So if Mannion can play as well as Flacco then the Rams did over pay for Goff because they could have drafted players they need.
With that said Goff does look pretty darn good and it probably was the right move at the time. But it would have been nice to see Mannion get some playing time last year.

Mannion can't play as well as Flacco. That's the problem. It was one preseason game. A game that Dak Prescott dominated. Odds are that Dak Prescott won't be a NFL starter either.

But we can agree that Fisher should have played Mannion last year. I shared the same opinion.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Very pleased with Mannion last night. His ceiling is probably quality career backup/borderline starter. Still, that wouldn't be a bad thing for the Rams, and if some QB needy team becomes desperate ... you never know ;)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what you are saying is that we can trade him to the Jets for multiple 1st round picks?:mrburns:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That 4th down pass was accurate that pass to spruce on 3rd down when he got hit was accurate that td pass to chase reynolds was accurate..Fitzpatrick has had more success than any of the rams previous qbs and we make the playoffs the last 3 yrs with him. I just rewatched that entire game. Its funny how we give Goff the benefit of the doubt when he doesn't do as expected.But when Mannion over performs it comes with a list of caveats. His passes wasn't accurate but they was caught, he was going against 3rd and fourth stringers he is slow footed. I have heard it all about Mannion even being told by one poster his mental game wasnt good enough. Just give him the same benefit of the doubt we give Goff because if anything happens to Goff or Keenum, we will need him..