Schottey out as OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
One thing to keep in mind, is that this is Fisher's offense every bit as much as the next OC's. Ordinarily I wouldn't think for a minute that Fisher will relinquish control of the offensive philosophy any more than he would change up his defensive philosophy. But there was that whole "We're going to change our overall scheme" thing that he said, so....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For the millionth time, and for anyone who is terrified with the thought of the Rams running a different system...

It's about having a great teacher at the OC position. Martz installed a massive playbook with significant changes in running the same plays from different formations in one offseason. Kelly went to Philly and installed his system which was radically different in one offseason with a playoff team as the result. Fish just needs to hire the right guy.

As to the system, I do hope he considers the Kelly/Ducks tree of offensive minds by interviewing Frost. I love the way they run the ball while they spread the defense out in the passing game. IMO that is the future of offensive football in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And then there's the other 500 lb gorilla in the room.
If Bradford is the starting QB next year, this will make his 4th OC in 6 years.
How ya like them Apples, Alex Sam Bradford?

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Well I guess I have gotten half my wish. Now I just need Shannahan to stike out at head coaching jobs and he becomes the next OC for the Rams. It would be a match made in heaven. Gwill running the defense with Mike running his ground and pound offense.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Why do people want Trestman? He sucked in Chicago with more offensive talent. No thank you.

ram007

Starter

May be they are looking away from Bradford?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just because he's gone, doesn't mean things will get better. The Rams have to make the right choice for his replacement. It's only good news for Rams fans if they find a better replacement.
And he'll only be a better replacement if the offense improves, of course.
He can start by having a relatively healthy team all year, so I hope he gets at least that much.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
If after 3 years players still make mental errors there is something wrong with either the system or the teacher. A move had to be made just like last year with Tim Walton.

And people getting upset with Fisher saying his coaching staff is safe and then firing his OC: He is a head coach in the NFL he tells lies to the media

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Wonder who the next scapegoat is going to be?

In the short term though, it'll should be nicer to read Game Day Threads.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Why do people want Trestman? He sucked in Chicago with more offensive talent. No thank you.
Cutler sucked which is something he is prone to doing, and the Chicago defense is putrid, no wonder Trestman "sucked" in those two years. Josh McCown basically outplayed Cutler in Trestman's first year, and the other offensive weapons did great, it's hard to shine if your QB could not get you the ball. I think Trestman would be great for Bradford and our offense.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Haven't read the whole thread so sorry about that - but I will say this. I stood by Schottey all the way and I want to say thanks Schottey for all the hard work over the past 3 years.

That said, its now an exciting time, and hopefully our offense can go in a new direction and become a point scoring, 1st down grinding, road grading juggernaut!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have a hard time believing that Schotty left the Rams because he felt that being an OC at the University of Georgia was a better job/opportunity.

I'm not buying it.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
This was my biggest concern when ever I complained about Schotty. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Breaking news: Rams looking to hire Legatron4 as new OC. He had the #1 scoring offense in his madden franchise this season with 726 points while his team went 19-0 defeating the New England Patriots 56-10 in the Super Bowl.