Schottey out as OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wow! Something doesn't smell right - this doesn't even seem like a lateral move, it seems like a step back.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Interesting. I wonder who Fisher looks at for a replacement.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This is going to make a lot of people happy

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I want to be excited. With the other crap going on it's hard to.

V3

Hall of Fame
Just because he's gone, doesn't mean things will get better. The Rams have to make the right choice for his replacement. It's only good news for Rams fans if they find a better replacement.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Pure speculation, but I don't think that Fisher is the kind of guy who will just axe someone. He seems pretty loyal (though look what happens when loyalties and opportunity clash ala Williams at d-coordinator). I wonder if he told Schotty that he should consider other jobs. Basically saying, I'm not gonna fire you outright but you need to leave.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I would have rather he just get better at his craft and stayed with the Rams. IMO this is a huge set back for the O and all the young players having to learn the new OC's ways.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling that folks are going to be really disappointed when Fisher names a replacement

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Confirmed by the Rams now according to Wagoner on twitter

V3

Hall of Fame
Pure speculation, but I don't think that Fisher is the kind of guy who will just axe someone. He seems pretty loyal (though look what happens when loyalties and opportunity clash ala Williams at d-coordinator). I wonder if he told Schotty that he should consider other jobs. Basically saying, I'm not gonna fire you outright but you need to leave.

That's the first thing I thought, as well.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy oh boy... between Fisher saying there would be no changes last year, then firing Walton... and then saying the same thing this year and Schottenheimer leaves for what certainly appears to be a lateral move at best... and Kroenke pulling his "exit stage left" stuff...

It's getting harder and harder for me to believe one word that comes out of their mouths.

Very troubling to me.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You aren't the only one...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just wild speculation but this sure feels the Rams encouraging Schottenheimer to pursue other jobs instead of firing him.</p>&mdash; gregg rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/552906797682393088
">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>