Sam's pick 6

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
jrry32 with his take:
What? The ball was at chest level...that's where you tuck it to protect it. And the LB was not closing fast. He was 4 yards away from Richardson when he caught the ball.

Watch Richardson's 2nd catch of the game. It's the same type of play. Richardson catches it with about 4 yards of separation from the LB(the same LB) on a swing pass, slips the tackle and picks up 5 or so yards.
I think it's the perfect place to be struck by the LBs helmet.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything here but that's exactly where you're taught to carry the football. You carry it at chest level with the pressed against your bicep, chest and your hand around the bottom of it(it's called 3 points). Because it allows you to run most efficiently, protect the ball most effectively and it is easy to secure passes.

You're never supposed to let the ball dip down or bring it away from your body because that exposes it if a defender comes in and punches it. Although, players do it all the time. But the ball is supposed to be carried at chest level. That's why the ideal pass is delivered at chest level...unless there are other factors in play.(like Bradford throwing it low on the TD pass to Austin to keep the defender from making a play on it)

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I know that but that's below the tits and not above the tits and not in the center of the chest. I have played football before you know. :lol:

This is all conjecture anyway so six of one half a dozen of another. :ww:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
I know that but that's below the tits and not above the tits and not in the center of the chest. I have played football before you know. :lol:

This is all conjecture anyway so six of one half a dozen of another. :ww:

Ok but you don't catch the ball where you tuck it. You catch it then tuck it. It was in the area where you put the ball. Center of the chest so the receiver can catch it and tuck it in either arm quickly.

I don't doubt that you have. Just saying, that pass definitely wasn't off in terms of ball placement and I disagree with you on velocity. Watch his arm action, he definitely didn't put everything he could on that football. He threw it hard enough so that D-Rich wouldn't be hung out to dry. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
He threw it hard enough so that D-Rich wouldn't be hung out to dry. :ww:
There it is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
jrry32 said:
He threw it hard enough so that D-Rich wouldn't be hung out to dry. :ww:
There it is.

Oh come on now. I can tell that ball is going 1/2 mph too fast. We're still debating the speed of the pass? If he floated it, what would we be talking about then? His touch was just not touchy enough? He should have zipped it in so he had a chance to make a move?

I'd actually have to guess that is the speed Sam throws it when they practice that exact play.

So how 'bout that Japanese butter churning league?

And Alan - quit talking about tits. You're turning me on. Notice the lack of blue font there fella. :tooth: