Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
You don't go at a guys knees when you have a clear shot. You don't go at a guys knees in preseason either. I'm sure Suggs would have been upset if he were chopped blocked at the knees. It's like Harrison hitting Green in the knee during preseason. It's unnecessary.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here are both hits. It does seem like Suggs went unnecessarily low.

V3

Hall of Fame

When your helmet is equal to or lower than your waist and you're going for the QB, it's BS. You go for the numbers and this wasn't even close. It's preseason FFS.

FRO

Legend

First hit was a clean hard hit. That's totally legal and good. Suggs didn't have to go low at all. That was dirty and so unnecessary.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Guess I saw something different from Suggs, read option, what is he suppose to do stop immediately and do jumping Jacks? Hit him high that's dirty hit him low that's ditty hit him middle that's dirty.
Totally not roughing the passer on read/option. Bad call by refs. I hate that it was a low tackle but the defender shouldn't have to wait and see what your going to do.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I will say that in just the brief series its obvious Sam was rusty. However, I can see the potential in the read option. They have really good running backs which opens everything up for Sam.
If he stays healthy I think he could very well light it up in that offense.
Also, seems his OL was pretty good overall. Time will tell but that offense will do more for Sam than ours ever did.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Suggs is NOT a dirty player. I have watched him his entire career and he has never been "that guy".

Edit: Some people are hopelessly in love with a QB that does not play my team.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sam the Eagle is going to be destroyed this year

I mean it was only one drive and we have all this bullshit controversy cause he almost got murdered by Suggs.

Sam the Eagle being the new Chrystal Chanderlier isn't lost on any defense in the league -- they are gonna be coming after him to try and knock him out of the game

Id suggest we all gear up for a lower draft pick cause he isn't making it through pre-season

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Unnecessary and unneeded. Keep that SAMMY LOVERS NEED TO GET OVER HIM ALREADY crap on the other site, thought we were all mature enough to not start lashing out and calling people lovers just because they do something differently.

Also, while it wasn't dirty it was still unnecessary to go low on somebody like that in the preseason, especially when you had a chance to hit him chest level, say what you want but that's going to get people talking regardless of any love for him on the matter.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I echo the idea of wishing Bradford the best of wishes the rest of carrier. I hope he Loses to us and Foles every year in the nfc championship game. Lol to be honest though unless he ends up back on the Rams team or is my fantasy qb.....I probably will not follow him any more than any other ex Ram.........Good luck Sam...... ;)

Go Rams........... ;)

ram007

Starter
Bradford still does the weird side arm throws. Not impressed. There is something about footwork and quick high arm release that I as an arm chair QB covet.

RamWoodie

Legend
Sam looked fine to me. He took some big hits but he stayed out there for the drive. He's going to be good in Philly barring injury. He's the clear starting QB easy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Unnecessary and unneeded. Keep that SAMMY LOVERS NEED TO GET OVER HIM ALREADY crap on the other site, thought we were all mature enough to not start lashing out and calling people lovers just because they do something differently.

Also, while it wasn't dirty it was still unnecessary to go low on somebody like that in the preseason, especially when you had a chance to hit him chest level, say what you want but that's going to get people talking regardless of any love for him on the matter.
Please. You're showing your sensitive side. I think the "other site" has people too on edge on THIS awesome site lately. I haven't been on that "other site" in 5 fucking YEARS. And as far as the Bradford drama goes, I seriously don't remember this much angst when Kurt fucking WARNER left this team. That guy....kinda did cool stuff for the Rams. Like play and win games and such....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Suggs is NOT a dirty player. I have watched him his entire career and he has never been "that guy".
I agree with this. I remember Suggs coming up through Chandler high school IIRC, then Arizona St before becoming a pro. I met him right after he was drafted. Seemed like a good guy.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Please. You're showing your sensitive side. I think the "other site" has people too on edge on THIS awesome site lately. I haven't been on that "other site" in 5 freaking YEARS. And as far as the Bradford drama goes, I seriously don't remember this much angst when Kurt freaking WARNER left this team. That guy....kinda did cool stuff for the Rams. Like play and win games and such....

Can you really say 'you're showing your sensitive side' when somebody saying Suggs made a bad hit made you fly into this speech about how Suggs would NEVER and how it's all bias on Bradford lovers part? Because that sounds a smidgen more upset than anything anybody else has said, especially when after getting called out about it you immediately went into trying to call somebody overly sensitive instead of admitting you're just starting pointless drama because you don't personally like him and don't think anybody else should.

The only edge here lately has been people have gotten weird and defensive about other opinions and are reverting to the meaningless taunts and false equivalences that made the other site shit in the first place.

Seriously, you're over here talking about Suggs and how he's not like that and he hasn't even ever PLAYED for the Rams. Does that make you a Suggs lover? I doubt you'll think so, so maybe chill on the Bradford lovers rhetoric.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Had it been Brady instead of Bradford then yeah I probably would have gotten a chuckle over it.

Doesn't change the point that it appeared to be a cheap shot by Suggs. He was in the pocket, does anyone really believe Suggs was faked? I probably wouldn't have an issue if this occured in a regular season game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey look.

Puppy.

cute-puppies-11.gif