Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey look.

Puppy.

cute-puppies-11.gif

Who does he play for? Are we allowed to root for him?

FRO

Legend
It doesn't matter that it was Bradford or any other starting QB in the league. You don't go for the knees, especially when you have a clean easy body shot. Hit him hard in the chest and I don't care. Avoid the head and knees if you can. If you slip or if the legs are the only thing you can get, then ok, but he had a clear shot.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Alot of people complaining about Sam's body language. He got speared in the knees and got hit in the chest with the Crown of the helmet. What kind of body language were they looking for?

And still led the offense to a td in his only drive. Alot of harsh critics here.

I admit I got a chuckle out the body language comments. Why not criticize his haircut?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I... wasn't impressed.

Honestly, what I saw reminded me of a lot of the things that Foles has that I always wished Sammy would get better at like pocket presence, touch passes, aggressiveness, and positive body language.

I'm not sure Foles has shown those things much either. I kinda thought Foles has looked a bit ponderous in the pocket in camp. He's been criticized occasionally for slow decision making as well, so to me he's one of those players who is going to be somewhat of an unknown .until about the 3rd or 4th regular season game.

Body language, I can't say I worry about much. I don't know how to describe positive body language in regards to the QB position.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
whoa, this got funny fast...
Looked like he almost got smashed...How do you defense a read option QB, and only hit in the sweet spot? If they are going to run the read option with Sammy, don't think he'll last a quarter of the season...
Oh yeah, body language expert here!!! Seriously, 90% of communication is NON-Verbal....so check out those looks, shrugs and gestures...Plus check out the booty thread...they're all talking to me....

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If Chip Kelly wants Bradford to run read option plays, he's a fucking madman. And not in a Mike Martz sort of way, more of a Saddam Hussein Anthraxing his own people sort of way.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
whoa, this got funny fast...
Looked like he almost got smashed...How do you defense a read option QB, and only hit in the sweet spot? If they are going to run the read option with Sammy, don't think he'll last a quarter of the season...
Oh yeah, body language expert here!!! Seriously, 90% of communication is NON-Verbal....so check out those looks, shrugs and gestures...Plus check out the booty thread...they're all talking to me....

Agreed. Sam reacted like someone was drillin a hole in his foot. This is a man's game. Walk it the F off instead of lookin like a ten year old who got an owwie.

I know I sound like a dick in saying that, but these OL want to block for a guy they respect. Get some damn swag to you Sammie ffs.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Agreed. Sam reacted like someone was drillin a hole in his foot. This is a man's game. Walk it the F off instead of lookin like a ten year old who got an owwie.

I know I sound like a dick in saying that, but these OL want to block for a guy they respect. Get some damn swag to you Sammie ffs.

RGIII got plenty of "swag". How's that working out for him?

Body language doesn't matter a jot. With Bradford you either see a leader in him or you don't. Your point of view colors how you see how he reacts to stuff with his body language. Some guys might say "wow hes a tough SOB he got drilled and stood right up, took a deep breath and carried on", others who feel opposite say "terrible body language - his O-line can't respect him" etc. Its a bit ridiculous.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Body language doesn't matter a jot. With Bradford you either see a leader in him or you don't. Your point of view colors how you see how he reacts to stuff with his body language. Some guys might say "wow hes a tough SOB he got drilled and stood right up, took a deep breath and carried on", others who feel opposite say "terrible body language - his O-line can't respect him" etc. Its a bit ridiculous.

Absolutely.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So Kurt Warner and Suggs good, Bradford and his body language bad.
Got it.

Also, if I don't agree I should get over it. Did I miss anything?

-btw Tom Brady is a little bitch, his body language is horrible. I can see how it's ruined his career....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Absolutely.

http://grammar.about.com/od/ab/g/Body-Language.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_language

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/body-language.html

http://www.businessballs.com/body-language.htm

you guys can disagree with it all you like, but it's scientific fact that this stuff is real...nobody wants to play for a whiny, pouting, crybaby QB....

-btw Tom Brady is a little bitch, his body language is horrible. I can see how it's ruined his career....
Not sure where you get Tom is a bitch from...His body language during games is excellent...probably why he is a great player...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Look, I hope that the Eagles suck this year. I hope that they go 0-16 just so that we can absolutely guarantee ourselves that #32 overall pick, as the Cheatriots had theirs rightfully taken away.

Nothing personal against Bradford, but I'm not going to wish him the best this year. At all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seriously don't remember this much angst when Kurt freaking WARNER left this team.

haha, now i know you're talking shit.

i can't emotionally invest 5 years into a guy and then just shut it off like a faucet. doesn't work that way.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not sure where you get Tom is a bitch from...His body language during games is excellent...probably why he is a great player...

Sure, when he's throwing 40 TD passes to Moss and isn't being touched in a game... but that dude absolutely has bad body language when things are not going his way.. it's just not often when things aren't going his way.
I don't have the time to post the most iconic bad body language image EVER, which is Brady sitting on the field sulking with his head hung low.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I really don't care that much whether or not Sam succeeds in Philly. I wish him well like I would any other player. But I'm not going to run him down either just so I can feel better about the guy we traded for. There are probably 1.5 million sighs, exaggerated eyes rolls, and annoyed postures just between Brady and Joe Montana alone. Not even including the sometimes pissy behaviour from Marino. They seemed to win plenty of games. Teammates still showed up. Bradford lost games here because his overall team talent sucked, his coaches sucked, and his injuries didn't leave him enough time to actually learn how to be a pro QB. It wasn't player desertion due to body language, or a sudden inability to throw a decent pass, or a grimace after a hard sack, or anything else. There wasn't a single person in our organization who ever had a bad thing to say about him so I don't understand why we must portray him as a bad leader and a sullen child now. We liked the guy before, he had injury problems, and we got a guy now we think we like in a good trade. Seems like everyone won.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I think some don't under stand body "language " it is a language! Some people can understand and read it understand cant... it's like if you only know English and you go to China town... you won't understand.

Sam does have bad body language in rough times... others do too but it speaks differently to you if you know what to look for