Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The only thing I want from Bradford is for him to play half of his team's snaps to save us a draft pick.Other than that he can kick rocks he didn't want to be here after our Rams made him rich and stood by him he can go to hell greedy bastard.

A55VA6

Legend
This photo though..

CNEItxXWwAAh2wp.jpg

jjab360

Legend
I... wasn't impressed.

Honestly, what I saw reminded me of a lot of the things that Foles has that I always wished Sammy would get better at like pocket presence, touch passes, aggressiveness, and positive body language.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kelly is the best offensive mind in the NFL and a great teacher of the game. His offense executes no matter who's in there and that running game wow. Players know what's up and just play fast. The push from that line was superb.

Bradford... If the NFL was flag football he'd be a Hall of Fame QB. Still hate his body language thank God I don't have to worry about it any more.

Tebow keepin it there at the end with a wide open WR just screwed the pooch. That's the kind of decision that gets a guy cut. He either did not trust his arm or wanted it for himself, either way thanks for playing Timmy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Alot of people complaining about Sam's body language. He got speared in the knees and got hit in the chest with the Crown of the helmet. What kind of body language were they looking for?

And still led the offense to a td in his only drive. Alot of harsh critics here.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 wondering when SB will learn how to spell change up:
I... wasn't impressed.

Honestly, what I saw reminded me of a lot of the things that Foles has that I always wished Sammy would get better at like pocket presence, touch passes, aggressiveness, and positive body language.
He didn't have a good game that's for sure. Bullet throws that his receivers can't handle and overthrown balls. Without the 27 penalties called against Suggs they (the Smeagols) don't score with him in there. Probably.

Same-o same-o SB. Which is not a bad thing but it's not a great thing either.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Jurry is still out on Kelly in my eyes. His offense works great agsinst mediocre to bad defenses or in preseason games where teams are not gane planning for the huury up read option stuff like last night. However, against talented defenses, thus far it has not worked.

His record against winning teams is horrible, they have beaten few over his 1st two years, the Rams have won more games against good teams. Top defenses that don't need to sub players, handle that offense. Look what Seattle, the Cards, even the Niners did to them last year. The Packers destroyed them to and their d is just above average.

So I think they have a lot to prove. The thing is though they have an extremely weak schedule, so they should be a lock for 10, 11 wins no matter who plays QB, but come playoffs, can they out scheme a good defense?

BTW. Notice that the same offense in college gets similar results? Oregon runs it up on avg teams, but physical defenses handle them, like Stanford normally does or their losses in title games to Auburn, when Kelly was there and again this past season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Terrell Suggs dismisses criticism of his Bradford hit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...suggs-dismisses-criticism-of-his-bradford-hit

The Eagles and Ravens got to know each other during three joint practice sessions in Philadelphia this week. Apparently, Sam Bradford and his teammates learned enough to determine that some of Baltimore's players didn't have the best of intentions.

The situation came to a head on Saturday when Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for a low hit on Bradford during a read-option play.

Bradford, who has had two consecutive torn ACL surgeries, did not appreciate it. Neither did Eaglesleft tackle Jason Peters.

Suggs was asked to respond and defended himself, saying the Eagles should not run the read-option offense if they're worried about a quarterback taking hits.

"When you run the read option, you have to know the rules," Suggs said, via The Baltimore Sun. "If you want to run the read option with your starting quarterback that's had two knee surgeries, that's on you. That's not my responsibility to update you on the rule."

This is an issue that won't go away. During an offseason trending with joint practice sessions -- and high-profile fights -- this is a fallout that neither coach could have predicted. It might also put an end to the rapidly expanding idea that joint practices add a certain value for teams looking to mix up a typically mundane period on their schedule.

This is also not a talking point that will die soon. Regardless of Suggs' intentions, his actions will be looked at under a microscope this week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jurry is still out on Kelly in my eyes. His offense works great agsinst mediocre to bad defenses or in preseason games where teams are not gane planning for the huury up read option stuff like last night. However, against talented defenses, thus far it has not worked.

His record against winning teams is horrible, they have beaten few over his 1st two years, the Rams have won more games against good teams. Top defenses that don't need to sub players, handle that offense. Look what Seattle, the Cards, even the Niners did to them last year. The Packers destroyed them to and their d is just above average.

So I think they have a lot to prove. The thing is though they have an extremely weak schedule, so they should be a lock for 10, 11 wins no matter who plays QB, but come playoffs, can they out scheme a good defense?

BTW. Notice that the same offense in college gets similar results? Oregon runs it up on avg teams, but physical defenses handle them, like Stanford normally does or their losses in title games to Auburn, when Kelly was there and again this past season.

Couldn't agree more. I am so tired of people calling Chip Kelly a genius. Why does beating up bad teams mean a coach is a genius? Same thing happened with Mangini.

Alan

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...we-learned-chip-kellys-eagles-are-flying-high
Philadelphia Eagles 40, Baltimore Ravens 17

1. Speaking of Bradford, his snap to throw times on his only drive were between 1.70 and 2.76 seconds, which is pretty strong considering some of those plays involved run fakes. As we noted in our Eagles training camp preview, Bradford is hyper decisive, which should be rewarded in Kelly's offense. His main issue right now? Rust. This was the first time Bradford was seeing wide-open receivers in game situations in a long time. As long as he harnesses his fastball, he'll be just fine.

2. One more note on the Eagles' presumptive starter: Perhaps the best part of the night was having him get hit hard -- twice -- by very good starting defensive players. Terrell Suggs came in very low, and was flagged, for a below-the-knee hit that Bradford bounced back from. Left tackle Jason Peters believed Suggs planned the hit on Bradford, according to NFL Media's Albert Breer. Bradford told NJ.com that he believes Suggs went at his knees intentionally. On the same drive, defensive tackle Brandon Williams had a clear shot and pummeled Bradford right in the chest. Getting used to this kind of contact again will be important for Bradford's development, especially in an offense with a zone-read element. We'll see how he feels on Sunday.

3. Assuming that Joe Flacco is somehow in trouble after his two interceptions is ludicrous. The Super Bowl champion might still be ascending, and he had a solid week of joint practices in Philadelphia.

4. Kudos for John Harbaugh going for it on fourth down with his starters on the field. Not only is it a practical, pressure-packed situation to simulate, but it could be a sign of more aggressive coaching decisions to come. The fourth-down revolution has been stalling, and there's no good reason for it.

New England Patriots 26, New Orleans Saints 24

1. The Saints' starters clearly outplayed the Patriots' first string on both sides of the football. New Orleans jumped out to a 15-0 lead before the end of the first quarter. The Saints' offense had a nice balance with Drew Brees and Mark Ingram leading the way. Brees completed 8 of 10 passes for 159 yards passing with two touchdowns.

2. Jimmy Garoppolo put together a very efficient performance. ThePatriots backup QB was 28 of 33 for 269 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He looked tentative to throw down field early, but settled in nicely. The second-year quarterback had a Brett Favre-like touchdown throw just before halftime. Playing the entire second half, he spearheaded aPatriots comeback resulting in aStephen Gostkowski 35-yard field goal to win the contest. Yet, Garoppolo put a lot of teachable moments on tape, including an overthrow resulting in an interception. The quarterback's performance, though, should have New England encouraged.

The Patriots star quarterback had a quick and forgettable night. Tom Brady and the Patriots' starters had a tough time moving the ball against the Saints' defense. Brady finished just 2 of 5 for 13 yards.

3. The Patriots plan to use Devin McCourty all over the secondary. New England had McCourty starting at cornerback during their second preseason game. The versatile defensive back broke up a potential touchdown pass in the first quarter.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All things considering IMO Bradford played just fine, now I don't care how he plays as long he plays the amount games that gets the Rams a better draft choice for me it's the team gentlemen, it's not the players, but when I was younger it was the players.

Bush league by Suggs and the NFL and the good for nothing commissioner better step up and do something. Going low like that was clear what his intent was and insults the integrity of the game. Take action Roger Goodell and show us for once you have a set of cojones.