Running thread on garbage officiating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Let's see if we can keep this going all year. List every call that was BS or a call that should have been made but wasn't. Or any other general incompetence. At the end of the year, let's subtract these from the overall penalty number. Feel free to add those that were missed. Let's just see how terrible they are.

Week 1:

Week 1:

I've color coded those that should have been called but weren't in red.

Non-PI call on Dick Sherman against Tavon Austin
Roughing the passer on Robert Quinn
Main ref attempting to enforce a re-kick; had to be told by his own damn team there was nothing happening
Calling a fair catch on a kick off is legal, and the caller is protected. Multiple shitchickens slammed into Bradley Marquez, no call
Multiple false starts on Russell Okung not called
Nick Foles taking multiple shots and being driven to the ground, not called for roughing
Nick Foles had a blatant face mask on TD run, had his head twisted, not call for facemask

Greg Stone

Rookie
Since the officials decided that Marquez made a proper fair catch call on the overtime onside kick why was there no penalty for tackling him?

dhaab

Rookie
You pretty much covered all of the lame calls/non-calls that I saw. Nice work!
The roughing call was one of the worst calls you'll ever see, and the Rams seem to get those kinds of calls against them pretty much every game.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
On the on side kick----Head ref was trying to make something up for a rekick. Total BS/made up explaination---thank God the rest of the crew turned on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone hear there was a flag on the Austin PR TD and immediately start to lose it before the penalty was announced? Just me haha?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since the officials decided that Marquez made a proper fair catch call on the overtime onside kick why was there no penalty for tackling him?

That's what I said. That should have been a late hit when they all piled on him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Anyone hear there was a flag on the Austin PR TD and immediately start to lose it before the penalty was announced? Just me haha?

Yeah, when the ref made the announcement it wasn't on the Rams it looked like it was painful for him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
That attempt at ref ball was blatant. I figure if they didn't know that the media would nuke it would have stood.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
When you're one of the NFL's "Darlings" you get the breaks. When you're a team struggling to turn things around, you still have to fight the up-hill battle of bad officiating. Now you decide which team is which. SMH with the poor officiating. And don't get me started on the number of false starts their LT #76 had today.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
It feels good to win a game that the refs tried to take from us.Last year they gifted Dallas the game with some b.s. calls and they tried that today.Maybe after a few wins they will no longer screw us but give us a few calls down the road.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
View from a Packers fan

After watching football today replacement refs may be better. Even after that fail mary. The Bears had 2 guys runnning off the field and clearly did not make it. Bears jumped offside and Pakcers got called a ticky tack hold. Then when switching to the Rams/hawks I had to put my beer down to try and compredend why calling an illegal fair catch. I dont think the ref knew what he was saying. That one was strange. The ref, in a pro game, did not even know a simple rule. Maybe he did not watch a ball skip of the ground, or go in the air. had no clue. Either way, terrible.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Wasn't a call buy did you notice tripplet didn't even seem to recall the ot rules?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Main ref attempting to enforce a re-kick; had to be told by his own damn team there was nothing happening
I almost blew a gasket on that one. Ref pulling a 101 year old rule out of his ass to cover for Pete Carroll's failed attempt at being cute.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I almost blew a gasket on that one. Ref pulling a 101 year old rule out of his ass to cover for Pete Carroll's failed attempt at being cute.
And no penalty on them for pummeling our guy who caught the fair catch, SMH.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I thought the officiating in this game was serviceable. No gold stars by any means, mistakes were made, but it didn't get out of hand.

Edit: I was also confused why they wouldn't call a penalty if Marquez accurately waved the fair catch.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
The refs did call the personal foul on Seattle when it appeared to me, on the other side of field out of the corner of my eye, that the Seattle guy stomped our guy. I thought it was going to be an ejection but maybe it wasn't that bad?

Anybody remember what I'm talking about?