Roster Cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
PD update:

By position, Friday's cuts included:

Quarterback _ Tom Brandstater

Running back/fullback _ Ben Guidugli, Ovie Mughelli, Chase Reynolds.

Wide receiver _ Nick Johnson

Tight end _ Deangelo Peterson

Offensive line _ Tim Barnes, T-Bob Hebert, Joe Long, Bryan Mattison

Defensive line _ Mason Brodine, Vernon Gholston

Linebacker _ Sammy Brown

Secondary _ Kendric Burney

Other possible cuts, but unconfirmed, could be Cornell Banks, Jamaar Jarrett, and Scott Smith on the defensive line. (In addition, the Rams may be seeking an injury settlement for Darell Scott, or place him on injured reserve.)

Also tight end Cory Harkey, offensive lineman Jose Valdez, and either linebacker Justin Cole or Aaron Brown could be in roster jeopardy.

Right now the Rams are thought to still have 10 defensive backs on the team, 5 safeties and 5 corners. That number includes both Matthew Daniels and Rodney McLeod at safety, as well as cornerback Quinton Pointer, who has come on late in the preseason.

There have been indications also that the team could be shopping cornerback Bradley Fletcher in a trade. It looks like rookie Trumaine Johnson has earned the nickel back _ or third cornerback _ job. And if Fletcher is at best the fourth corner on the roster, they may not be willing to pay his $1.2 million base salary in what is the final year of his contract.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_86d0f4a8-f38e-11e1-b2fc-001a4bcf6878.html

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man I really hope they don't trade Bradley. That would leave only 4 CBs, w/ 3 of them being rookies. Horrors of last year. That's a big ass gamble.

They need to have at least 5 CBs

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Wow if they trade Fletch they best be getting something good back. D-Line is a position of interest I would think.
Mattison didn't surprise me.

Anyone else but me think it will be Monday before the final 53 will be set.

Anonymous

They have to go from 75 to 54.

Remember--Pettis is a 2 week freebie. So it's 54, not 53.

So they need to cut 21.

If those names are all correct, that means Thomas lists 18.

Which means 3 more to go.

Though of course the last 3-4 could be in flux all over the place. Keep player X, then suddenly pick up a player Y from the waiver wire, cut player X to make room for player Y, etc.

IF that list is right they right they have 57 with 3 cuts we don't know about.

Those 57 would be:

McQuaide
Hekker
Zuerlein

Jenkins Finnegan Murphy Fletcher Johnson

Stewart Dahl McCleod

Mikell Daniels Pointer

Dunbar McIntosh Haggan Cole A.Brown

Laurinaitis Hull

Brockers Langford Cudjo Conrath

Quinn Long Sims Hayes

Saffold Richardson Hunter Valdez

Dahl Ojinakka Watkins

Wells Turner

Kendricks BigMike Mulligan McNeil Harkey

Bradford Clemens Davis

Gibson Amendola Smith Quick Pettis Salas Givens

Miller

Jackson Pead Richardson

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Will Brockers go on IR while he re-covers from injury? Does he count towards the final 53 during that time? If not, do they only have to cut down to 55 and not 54 (incl. Pettis)?

Anonymous

MontanaRamFan said:
Will Brockers go on IR while he re-covers from injury? Does he count towards the final 53 during that time? If not, do they only have to cut down to 55 and not 54 (incl. Pettis)?

No IR for Brockers. He counts toward the 54 (then 53).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Clemons was released, Davis is our #2.
I dunno about carrying only 2 QBs. Especially with the new rule. That jumped up and bit us in the ass last year and we had to go out and get Clemens.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
zn said:
MontanaRamFan said:

No IR for Brockers. He counts toward the 54 (then 53).

Thanks ZN. :nice:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Here's the 53

Offense(24)
QB (2): Sam Bradford, Austin Davis
RB (4): Steven Jackson, Isaiah Pead, Daryl Richardson, Brit Miller
WR (6)*: Danny Amendola, Steve Smith, Brandon Gibson, Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Greg Salas
TE (4): Lance Kendricks, Matthew Mulligan, Michael Hoomanawanui, Mike McNeill
OL (8): Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Rodger Saffold, Barry Richardson, Quinn Ojinnaka, Robert Turner, Rokevious Watkins, Wayne Hunter

Defense(26)
DE (4): Chris Long, Robert Quinn, William Hayes, Eugene Sims
DT (5): Kendall Langford, Michael Brockers, Jermelle Cudjo, Matt Conrath, Darell Scott
LB (6): James Laurinaitis, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Mario Haggan, Rocky McIntosh, Josh Hull, Justin Cole
CB (6): Cortland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Jerome Murphy, Bradley Fletcher, Quinton Pointer
S (5): Quintin Mikell, Craig Dahl, Darian Stewart, Rodney McLeod, Matt Daniels

Special Teams(3)
K (1): Greg Zuerlein
P (1): Johnny Hekker
LS (1): Jake McQuaide

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The 11 DBs and 9 DLine make me think a trade is in the works. Especially with Brockers out till at least week 3.

Pointer played himself onto the roster last night with 2 deflections and a INT.

No problem with Clemons being let go. Davis out played him. Showed an equal grasp on the offense and has superior physical tools.

Kinda surprised Daniels made it.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Few things that stand out to me:

1. Didn't think they'd cut Clemens. I thought they would either keep 3 QBs or keep Sam/Clemens.

2. A little shocked to see 5 S, but I think they might have been worried about someone claiming Daniels on waivers.

3. Shocked( a little) that Scott made the final cut.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Love it that Cudjo was able to get a shot and made the best of it by making the 53.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I wonder though if Clemens being cut means they are looking at another vet backup? Brian Hoyer,Senneca Wallace and Josh Johnson are the ones that stick out to me the most.

Anonymous

Lesson said:

1. Didn't think they'd cut Clemens. I thought they would either keep 3 QBs or keep Sam/Clemens.

2. A little shocked to see 5 S, but I think they might have been worried about someone claiming Daniels on waivers.

Why would anyone claim Daniels? He never did anything.

Scott didn't make the final cut btw.

Lesson

Oh, really?
zn said:
Lesson said:

Teams liked Daniels leadership qualities around draft time.

Also, Scott didn't? Who was kept then?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Lesson said:
I wonder though if Clemens being cut means they are looking at another vet backup? Brian Hoyer,Senneca Wallace and Josh Johnson are the ones that stick out to me the most.

What about Kafka from Philly? He was released by the Eagles today.

Lesson

Oh, really?
MontanaRamFan said:
Lesson said:

What about Kafka from Philly? He was released by the Eagles today.

Don't have a problem with Kafka, though my preference would be a guy with a bit more experience(i.e: Johnson and Wallace).

Anonymous

Lesson said:
zn said:
Lesson said:

Teams liked Daniels leadership qualities around draft time.

Also, Scott didn't? Who was kept then?

He still didn't show anything. :cool:

Maybe Scott did make it but he's injured so I don;'t know. I saw him on 2 different guys's rosters so maybe I'm wrong.