Roster Cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
zn said:
Lesson said:
zn said:
Lesson said:
Few things that stand out to me:

1. Didn't think they'd cut Clemens. I thought they would either keep 3 QBs or keep Sam/Clemens.

2. A little shocked to see 5 S, but I think they might have been worried about someone claiming Daniels on waivers.

3. Shocked( a little) that Scott made the final cut.

Why would anyone claim Daniels? He never did anything.

Scott didn't make the final cut btw.

Teams liked Daniels leadership qualities around draft time.

Also, Scott didn't? Who was kept then?

He still didn't show anything. :cool:

Maybe Scott did make it but he's injured so I don;'t know. I saw him on 2 different guys's rosters so maybe I'm wrong.

On the Rams site they listed him as on the team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Clemens gettin cut is def. a wow thing. This guy knows Schotty's system and has experience w/ these WRs.

Big gamble they are doin.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Memento said:
Atogwe and Gilyard have been released by the Eagles, along with Marvin McNutt. Matthew McCants (offensive tackle) of the Giants has also been released. He looks very interesting: 6'6", 290 lbs. with mobility, arm length, and room to grow and get stronger. He's raw (started football in his senior year in high school), but very talented. Sixth round rookie. Could be an underrated right tackle, although he has the footwork to play left tackle on occassion. At the very least, he has more promise than what we have.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospe ... ccants-71/

"Damn bro instead of finding out on my Twitte account,BSPN, or by Andy Reid personall, ya'll saying I found out about about my release first here on ROD. Ahhhhh yea much love for my Rams fans, I gave it all for that team early on. I'm still the ballhawk, much respect."

Attachments

• 3283.jpg
    3283.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 200

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:
Clemens gettin cut is def. a wow thing. This guy knows Schotty's system and has experience w/ these WRs.

I was pretty damn surprised myself. I really thought that they would keep all three QBs. Someone posted on RamsTalk that maybe Fisher wants Bradford to feel more like the leader on offense and maybe having a more veteran QB behind him makes that more difficult. I think Sams a nice guy and could possibly be defer to Clemens as he has more experience and maybe others think of that as not truly being "the guy". I thought it was an interesting theory.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:

I was pretty damn surprised myself. I really thought that they would keep all three QBs. Someone posted on RamsTalk that maybe Fisher wants Bradford to feel more like the leader on offense and maybe having a more veteran QB behind him makes that more difficult. I think Sams a nice guy and could possibly be defer to Clemens as he has more experience and maybe others think of that as not truly being "the guy". I thought it was an interesting theory.
That's a theory alright.

But it kinda flies in the face of what Snead says about putting the best guys on the field. So they must (according to that statement) think Davis is better than Clemens overall. I'm still not down with carrying only two QBs, but it's not my team and I don't have all the facts. WORST case scenario involving Bradford and Davis getting hurt ... leaves us with what exactly?

50422b452f7cc6630e00001.jpg

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:

That's a theory alright.

But it kinda flies in the face of what Snead says about putting the best guys on the field. So they must (according to that statement) think Davis is better than Clemens overall. I'm still not down with carrying only two QBs, but it's not my team and I don't have all the facts. WORST case scenario involving Bradford and Davis getting hurt ... leaves us with what exactly?

IMO if we, or any team(sans Texans), lose the top 2 QBs on the depth chart chance are it'll be a rough remander of the season. There are FA QBs with more talent than Clemons. Difference is they dont know the offense.

Me, Id rather only keep 2 QBs, use that extra roster spot on someone else, and take the chance the offense would have to be dumbed down if both guys went down.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
IMO if we, or any team(sans Texans), lose the top 2 QBs on the depth chart chance are it'll be a rough remander of the season. There are FA QBs with more talent than Clemons. Difference is they dont know the offense.

Me, Id rather only keep 2 QBs, use that extra roster spot on someone else, and take the chance the offense would have to be dumbed down if both guys went down.
Yeah, I thought of that too. Once you lose two guys, your season is pretty much in the crapper anyway. But the difference is, like you said, Clemens knows this offense. Things wouldn't have to be dumbed down in that instance. And for a team that needs all the experience it can get, this just kinda strikes me as odd is all. But again -- it's not my team and I don't have all the facts. This is just your routine fan's observance.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:

That's a theory alright.

The thinking must be that if something happens to Bradford or Davis, Clemons will still be available. They must feel good about the gamble that Clemons won't get picked up.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:

That's a theory alright.

The thinking must be that if something happens to Bradford or Davis, Clemons will still be available. They must feel good about the gamble that Clemons won't get picked up.

Good points.
Clemens will still be sitting on the same couch he was when the Rams found him last season. If not Tom Brandwhatever for sure will still be unemployed and he should know at least a little of the playbook. Rally around that one.

At this point Clemens is just a guy. He's there just to get a team over a rough spot. And there could be better 2nd qB options out there.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Former #Jets RB Terrance Ganaway says he's headed to St. Louis, according to his twitter acct.

I presume he might have been claimed off waivers from the Jets.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Lesson said:
Per JT, Rams also claimed DT Kellen Heard from the Bills.

Just looked this kat up. He's 6'6'' and 346lbs :shock: Waffle must like behemoth DTs.

From Turfshowtimes:
He played in 14 games with the Bills last season, playing a total of 259 snaps with an overall grade of -0.4 from Pro Football Focus. The negative mark largely stems from five penalties. Against the run, he came out with a 0.7 grade, the same number he had as a pass rusher. Heard had two sacks, both against New England, one quarterback hit and six quarterback pressures.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
The other spot was cleared later in the day when the Rams waived cornerback Jerome Murphy, a third-round pick in 2010 out of South Florida.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... f6878.html

------

Do they even want anyone this team drafted anymore? Sheez.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Well. Probably mean the Fletcher trade fell through. Wouldnt be surprised if the FO was talking to the Vikings who ended up trading for AJ Jefferson.

Im surprised Pointer and Daniels were kept over Murphy. I thought Pointer out played him in the preseason, but Im not so sure about Daniels. Money probably had something to do with it unfortunately.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So Murphy is gone, too??

Finnegan, Jenkins, Fletcher, Johnson, Pointer.

HUH?!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
The fuckin Pattsies will likely grab Murphy-watch. Still makes me kinda ill we let go of Salas for practically nothing in return.

Speeps

Starter
With all this turnover, we have to remember, the players that were drafted in the last regime, were system specific. This is a completely different system on both sides of the ball. With that said, I am surprised that Murphy got cut, and Salas was traded away.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speeps said:
With all this turnover, we have to remember, the players that were drafted in the last regime, were system specific. This is a completely different system on both sides of the ball. With that said, I am surprised that Murphy got cut, and Salas was traded away.
Well, I dunno about that. Salas and Pettis were drafted because they were tall and had good hands. They weren't really a part of any system in college that McDaniels was going to run. They just had the desired body type and production he liked.

At the same time, Fisher and Snead said they're not looking for system fits when they draft. They want athleticism above all else, and feel as though the coaching staff can turn any *athlete* into a productive member of their respective systems. Maybe they don't feel like Salas is the kind of athlete they're looking for? I dunno. Murphy appeared to be the kind of player they want on defense, so I don't know what happened there.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
libertadrocks said:

Yeah, I thought of that too. Once you lose two guys, your season is pretty much in the crapper anyway. But the difference is, like you said, Clemens knows this offense. Things wouldn't have to be dumbed down in that instance. And for a team that needs all the experience it can get, this just kinda strikes me as odd is all. But again -- it's not my team and I don't have all the facts. This is just your routine fan's observance.

Isnt this debate very similar to the one we had last year between Feeley and Thad Lewis? 2 years in a row we had a rookie QB not look terrible in preseason and this time we decided to keep one on the roster. If Sam gets hurt were pretty much screwed either way, but the best case scenario here is Davis maybe showing some potential and then we can listen to offers from QB needy teams (Eagles enjoy doing this).