Robinson might be in trouble and Bora's might not be

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Sorry but that's completely wrong nothing could be further from the truth. He had a good game yesterday until he made one stupid mistake. But it's funny the only guy who we fans here want to hold accountable for continual penalties is GRob the rest get a free ride.

One good game doesn't make up for all the others. He doesn't get a free ride because he's tied for 3rd as the most penalized players this year. I guess, at least he top 3 at something, right?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
No need to change OCs, I expect Fisher gone by season's end. As for GRob, he'll have a place at guard if it doesn't work out at OT. Was strongly advocating for Jake Matthews considering that he's more refined at pass protection; athleticism is laughably overrated when the player is as dumb as a rock.

Still sad we didn't take Matthews, it seemed like a forsure pick.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Has anyone had enough of Jeff Fisher throwing players under the bus? It's pretty sad and pathetic. Take some responsibility for once. I don't think he has ever once, in all of his years here, said "that's on me, I made a mistake", "with the benefit of hindsight, I'd opt for a different play call", etc. Sad, Jeff.

What's even more perplexing is his timing. He calls out the defence in the midst of them playing in top form. But is silent when they're giving up 3 and 15+ with regularity.

He calls out G-Rob. But after what was likely his best game of the season. And he's definitely improved this year, even if he still has work to do. Why didn't Fisher say something last year when he was getting torched for multiple sacks per game by speed rushers?

It seems the only guy he won't call out is Keenum. I don't need to explain how crazy that is.

The beat goes on in L.A. I'm praying the music finally stops and Kronke fires this guy.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Saffold an 82 is laughable

not saying much, but he is our best OL by far and opened up the holes for Gurleys big runs. His run blocking has been real disappointing, but he doesn't really give up pressures.

Honestly Im shocked how by healthy he has been, probably his biggest achievement

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One good game doesn't make up for all the others. He doesn't get a free ride because he's tied for 3rd as the most penalized players this year. I guess, at least he top 3 at something, right?
Which is all well and good but your comment was that he hasn't shown improvement. In fact he has. Has he shown enough? That's another question.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Which is all well and good but your comment was that he hasn't shown improvement. In fact he has. Has he shown enough? That's another question.

He was showing noticeable improvement in the second half of last season, and I think his pass blocking has been better this season. His run blocking has declined though ... but I've noticed that's true for just about every other OLineman we have.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was showing noticeable improvement in the second half of last season, and I think his pass blocking has been better this season. His run blocking has declined though ... but I've noticed that's true for just about every other OLineman we have.

You're right and that's what's so fun these days. All of our linemen are struggling. We're not developing them like other teams are able to. Still Rams fans look to throw the players away but keep the same coaches that can't seem to deliver a competent offense in five years. I'm not trying to call GRob an all pro here but he's not nearly as bad as he's accused of being.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Is there a gif for flushing a 2nd overall pick in the loo?

1410082237_cat_pooping_in_the_toilet_fail.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As to Robinson, when you draft someone as raw as he was you either are going to hit a home run or strike out. Not saying the Rams have struck out yet, but there are definitely two strikes in the count.

Exactly why I didn't want him to be the pick. To risky for such a high draft pick.

You're right and that's what's so fun these days. All of our linemen are struggling. We're not developing them like other teams are able to. Still Rams fans look to throw the players away but keep the same coaches that can't seem to deliver a competent offense in five years. I'm not trying to call GRob an all pro here but he's not nearly as bad as he's accused of being.

Not developing Olinemen, hmmm who's fault might that be?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No need to change OCs, I expect Fisher gone by season's end. As for GRob, he'll have a place at guard if it doesn't work out at OT. Was strongly advocating for Jake Matthews considering that he's more refined at pass protection; athleticism is laughably overrated when the player is as dumb as a rock.

GRob doesn't deserve to sniff the field when he gets demoted. Sit him on the pine and let him work his way up to scout team LT. Maybe being held accountable will help him get his head on straight. This ain't rocket science man. I know the dude's dumb, but holy F he's not even of value to us as an OG if he can't pick up a blitzer by knowing the scheme, that can stop a drive just like whiffing at LT or getting the holding call.

IMO the dude has some pride, so it might work. If he was a turd he would not have busted his butt with Bentley this offseason, so I do have some hope left for him. Problem is the Rams' tendency on offense to not sit dudes when they deserve it.

I'd also sit Kendricks/start Higbee, sit Tavon/start Coop, and sit Quick/start Thomas. THAT would shake these MFers up, I guarantee you that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there is no accountability with fish so if he does bench Grob (if thats what he actually does ) then its a start (maybe too little too late but a start )

has a way to go though..... Adam Gase cut three people from his starting Oline because they werent getting it done and now on a 5 game win streak thats holding guys accountable

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GRob doesn't deserve to sniff the field when he gets demoted. Sit him on the pine and let him work his way up to scout team LT. Maybe being held accountable will help him get his head on straight. This ain't rocket science man. I know the dude's dumb, but holy F he's not even of value to us as an OG if he can't pick up a blitzer by knowing the scheme, that can stop a drive just like whiffing at LT or getting the holding call.

IMO the dude has some pride, so it might work. If he was a turd he would not have busted his butt with Bentley this offseason, so I do have some hope left for him. Problem is the Rams' tendency on offense to not sit dudes when they deserve it.

I'd also sit Kendricks/start Higbee, sit Tavon/start Coop, and sit Quick/start Thomas. THAT would shake these MFers up, I guarantee you that.

Why Quick? He's performing. I've been pushing back at people saying sit Tavon. But after the Dolphins game, yea, I'm officially down to get Cooper more snaps. That pass that was almost picked by Lippett (sideline comeback) was due to Tavon running a poor route.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why Quick? He's performing. I've been pushing back at people saying sit Tavon. But after the Dolphins game, yea, I'm officially down to get Cooper more snaps. That pass that was almost picked by Lippett (sideline comeback) was due to Tavon running a poor route.

He's catching a ball here and there, sure. But that guy we saw early this season is mostly gone. He's simply in paycheck mode right now, knowing his film is gonna dictate his next job. Not saying to keep him on the bench, just not treat that starting job like he's got it on lockdown.

At this point I'd like to see what Thomas has got. Kid's shown a little bit, and his work on teams demonstrates how much it means to him. Dude's the anti-Quick IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's catching a ball here and there, sure. But that guy we saw early this season is mostly gone. He's simply in paycheck mode right now, knowing his film is gonna dictate his next job. Not saying to keep him on the bench, just not treat that starting job like he's got it on lockdown.

At this point I'd like to see what Thomas has got. Kid's shown a little bit, and his work on teams demonstrates how much it means to him. Dude's the anti-Quick IMO.

I'd like to see more of Thomas too, but I disagree that the Quick from earlier in the year is gone. If we open up the offense some, I think we'll see him reemerge.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still hating onQuick I see smh

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
eh whatever, Fisher is a walking lie machine when it comes to interviews so really couldn't care less about anything that comes out of his mouth these days. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Groh is the new playcaller tomorrow after this.
I don't know that it is so much being a "walking lie machine". I've always interpreted as that he didn't want his people to get their bad news from the media, but rather from his own mouth. He does seem to have a tendency to be "over-adamant" about their status right before it happens. So no, I wouldn't be surprised to see Groh calling plays next week either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We finally get Goff on the field and now we are going to make wholesale changes to the o-line and possibly more?
Good grief
How about opening up the playbook a little bit allowing Goff to let it rip??