Robinson might be in trouble and Bora's might not be

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Am I the only one that's asking why all 5 of our OL players simultaneously took a step (or 2) backwards this year?

Let's don't overthink this, fellas.

Something else has changed, and it rhymes with "coaching".

Scheme, technique, timing, play calls, I dunno...

Playing musical chairs with the players is not addressing the real problem. Sorry.

No, you are definitely not alone on that one. There is at least one other one here thinking the same thing, probably more.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Greg Robinson Has Mini Meltdown with Media after Rams Practice

by Michael Moraitis

Los Angeles Rams offensive lineman Greg Robinson refused to talk to the media on Wednesday after practice.
Third-year Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle Greg Robinson refused to talk to the media on Wednesday after practice.

Robinson has been getting a ton of slack for poor play this season. Not only is he getting beat on a regular basis by opposing defensive lineman, he’s also committing an insane amount of penalties. In fact, no player in the NFL has more penalties than the former No. 2 overall pick over the last two seasons.

On Wednesday, Robinson was in no mood to talk:

Before that, Fisher spoke about Robinson’s struggles, per Alden Gonzalez of ESPN:

“He’s got the talent level to do it. We’ve had some miscues over the last four to six weeks with some mistakes and some penalties and things like that, but he’s determined.”

Robinson’s rocky third season in the NFL already has some people talking bust. Now there will be questions about his mental toughness thrown in and it doesn’t help when you piss the media off.

Head coach Jeff Fisher has been talking about possibly making changes along the offensive line in recent weeks. While it isn’t clear where Robinson stands with Fisher, there is a chance he at least gets his playing time decreased.

We’ll see how Robinson handles this moving forward, but this certainly wasn’t a good sign for a guy already having a tough season. Sorry to say, he has nobody to blame but himself for whatever comes from this.

http://ramblinfan.com/2016/11/23/rams-greg-robinson-meltdown-media/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may be a sign Robinson has been benched. Interesting to say the least.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Greg Robinson Has Mini Meltdown with Media after Rams Practice

by Michael Moraitis

Los Angeles Rams offensive lineman Greg Robinson refused to talk to the media on Wednesday after practice.
Third-year Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle Greg Robinson refused to talk to the media on Wednesday after practice.

Robinson has been getting a ton of slack for poor play this season. Not only is he getting beat on a regular basis by opposing defensive lineman, he’s also committing an insane amount of penalties. In fact, no player in the NFL has more penalties than the former No. 2 overall pick over the last two seasons.

On Wednesday, Robinson was in no mood to talk:

Before that, Fisher spoke about Robinson’s struggles, per Alden Gonzalez of ESPN:

“He’s got the talent level to do it. We’ve had some miscues over the last four to six weeks with some mistakes and some penalties and things like that, but he’s determined.”

Robinson’s rocky third season in the NFL already has some people talking bust. Now there will be questions about his mental toughness thrown in and it doesn’t help when you pee pee the media off.

Head coach Jeff Fisher has been talking about possibly making changes along the offensive line in recent weeks. While it isn’t clear where Robinson stands with Fisher, there is a chance he at least gets his playing time decreased.

We’ll see how Robinson handles this moving forward, but this certainly wasn’t a good sign for a guy already having a tough season. Sorry to say, he has nobody to blame but himself for whatever comes from this.

http://ramblinfan.com/2016/11/23/rams-greg-robinson-meltdown-media/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may be a sign Robinson has been benched. Interesting to say the least.

Fuck the media.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/27/will-the-rams-bench-left-tackle-greg-robinson/

Will the Rams bench left tackle Greg Robinson?
Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2016

500208838-e1480256457414.jpg
Getty Images

A week after elevating the No. 1 pick from the 2016 draft into the starting lineup, the Rams may be sending the No. 2 pick from 2014 to the bench.

As explained by Jack Wang of the New York Daily News, the status of left tackle Greg Robinson remains unclear as the 4-6 team heads to New Orleans to face the 4-6 Saints.

“If we make any roster changes, you’ll see Sunday,” coach Jeff Fisher said Friday when asked whether changes will be made on the offensive line for quarterback Jared Goff’s second start.

Robinson provided a stream of short answers when questioned by reporters regarding a season with a long list of problems. He has 12 penalties in 10 games, including a block in the back that wiped out a first down.

There was buzz regarding Robinson prior to the 2014 draft regarding the struggles he could face when moving from an ultra-simple scheme at Auburn to the far more complicated blocking patterns and playbooks of the NFL.

For whatever reason, it hasn’t worked for Robinson in his third NFL season, raising questions in the short term regarding whether he’ll play and in the long term whether he’ll continue to play for the Rams.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Even I am getting irritated reading all of this negative press about G-Rob. And I'm just a fan. I can only imagine how Robinson feels. The fact is that for the first time in his career he is playing okay - not amazing, but okay - football. This level of criticism isn't warranted so of course he must feel frustrated.

And I'd hardly call respectfully declining to speak to the media a "meltdown"....

Robinson was very young and raw at the draft and came from a system that required 0 football smarts. The fact G-Rob has shown significant improvement after taking matters into his own hands this past off-season to get private o-line coaching is very encouraging. Hopefully, the trend continues in he becomes an anchor at LT.

Don't underestimate his durability, either. The dude stays healthy. That is absolutely huge for an offensive lineman, both in terms of keeping your best players on the field and to maintain continuity on the line.

I honestly think the pundits don't even watch the games. They just see his number of penalties (most of which have been bogus) and his low PFF rating (which I think is tied to his # of penalties...) and proclaim him a liability. But that isn't true. Unlike in previous years, Robinson is handling speed rushers pretty well. If you want to see a liability at LT, it will be if and when we replace Robinson with the "next man up"...

I'd also like to point out that in the run game arguably our biggest problem is running Gurley up the middle right into the teeth of the defence for no gain. 90% of the time, those run plays failing aren't the LT's fault.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Even I am getting irritated reading all of this negative press about G-Rob. And I'm just a fan. I can only imagine how Robinson feels. The fact is that for the first time in his career he is playing okay - not amazing, but okay - football. This level of criticism isn't warranted so of course he must feel frustrated.

And I'd hardly call respectfully declining to speak to the media a "meltdown"....

Robinson was very young and raw at the draft and came from a system that required 0 football smarts. The fact G-Rob has shown significant improvement after taking matters into his own hands this past off-season to get private o-line coaching is very encouraging. Hopefully, the trend continues in he becomes an anchor at LT.

Don't underestimate his durability, either. The dude stays healthy. That is absolutely huge for an offensive lineman, both in terms of keeping your best players on the field and to maintain continuity on the line.

I honestly think the pundits don't even watch the games. They just see his number of penalties (most of which have been bogus) and his low PFF rating (which I think is tied to his # of penalties...) and proclaim him a liability. But that isn't true. Unlike in previous years, Robinson is handling speed rushers pretty well. If you want to see a liability at LT, it will be if and when we replace Robinson with the "next man up"...

I'd also like to point out that in the run game arguably our biggest problem is running Gurley up the middle right into the teeth of the defence for no gain. 90% of the time, those run plays failing aren't the LT's fault.

Kind of where my head is at.

I still can't believe we picked Robinson over Matthews (the risk/reward calculator must not have been working at Rams HQ). Jake was significantly the safer pick, even if his ceiling is/was lower.

That said; if GRob can clean up the penalties he'll get off everyone's radar and we'll be fine with him.

He's no Jason Smith.

The guy can play. He stays healthy.

Just needs to shed the penalties and keep working on his technique. He's young enough to still have a long and dominating career.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

First game at LT and Saffold is injured. Shocking. Hope Fisher is happy with his decision. How is this guy still employed...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said LT Greg Robinson got "a break, a week off, because he needed it. ... I expect Greg will return back to the lineup."

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said LT Greg Robinson got "a break, a week off, because he needed it. ... I expect Greg will return back to the lineup."

I'd like to see him at G. I was watching DeCastro play the other day and a good pulling G is an asset.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Hopefully only as depth. Donnel played good.