Robinson might be in trouble and Bora's might not be

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We finally get Goff on the field and now we are going to make wholesale changes to the o-line and possibly more?
Good grief
How about opening up the playbook a little bit allowing Goff to let it rip??

Exactly.

Nobody was complaining about the OL early in the game when Miami thought the Rams might open things up for Goff. Gurley had plenty of room to run and the holes were there - against a pretty good DL at that. Once the Dolphins figured out that the Rams were going to stick with a Keenum-ized gameplan, the holes suddenly stopped being there and the offense ground to a halt again. Imagine that ...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Saffold is playing worse than GR

I'm not sure I agree with you, but even if I did, they're playing different positions.
I think Safold slides in better at left tackle than GR does. But, that's not saying much.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm not sure I agree with you, but even if I did, they're playing different positions.
I think Safold slides in better at left tackle than GR does. But, that's not saying much.

I agree,

I think people are forgetting that Saffold played really well at LT before his injuries.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree,

I think people are forgetting that Saffold played really well at LT before his injuries.
Everybody seems to forget he gets hurt every time he plays tackle. The only time he has stayed healthy has been at guard. If for some reason we move him to LT we will have to replace him right away due to injury.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think GRob is progressing well, but has been targeted by officials. More that half the penalties called on him are not deserved. Rams should switch him inside to hide him from the officials and play Saffold outside at LT. Would the officials target Saffold as much as GRob? Probably. After watching every game at least twice, and after seeing Rams oponents get away with blatant holding on Quinn, PI and neutral zone infractions, plus the "under the microscope" treatment of GRob, I have come to the conclusion the Rams in general have been screwed by the officals. And not just this season.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Everybody seems to forget he gets hurt every time he plays tackle. The only time he has stayed healthy has been at guard. If for some reason we move him to LT we will have to replace him right away due to injury.

I halfway agree with you. He's stayed healthy at guard this year only (knock on wood) and I think it contributes to having the proper surgery on his other shoulder in the off season. He also stayed healthy his entire rookie year at LT. So technically he has just as much healthy time at LT as he does at Guard. I say it's a push.

Bruce2980

Starter
As to Robinson, when you draft someone as raw as he was you either are going to hit a home run or strike out. Not saying the Rams have struck out yet, but there are definitely two strikes in the count.
And there were only two pitches, both three feet above his head.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Grob has shown zero progress since he was drafted.

I said it in preseason. He's going to be benched during the season because he is an absolute liability. Hand usage is just atrocious. He holds constantly even when not called.

You have to start somewhere and Grob is a great place to start. Just in penalties alone you get better by removing him.

It's ok to pick a bust, every team does it, it's not ok to keep playing that bust when they are in year 3 and show no improvement.

I say, and have said for the last 1.5 seasons, just move him to Left Guard. The holding will stop a lot and he will be a road grader on running plays. Move him to guard ... now.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I think GRob is progressing well, but has been targeted by officials. More that half the penalties called on him are not deserved........after seeing Rams oponents get away with blatant holding on Quinn, PI and neutral zone infractions, plus the "under the microscope" treatment of GRob, I have come to the conclusion the Rams in general have been screwed by the officals. And not just this season.

I avoid conspiracy theories BUT I can't help but agree

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I've always been in grobs corner, especially when he decided to to finish the bentley School during the off season. However, despite some noticeable improvements, his penalties are way too frequent and seem to come at the worst times. This last one where he is actually trying to catch the defender from behind so he can push him down even though goff is obviously in the clear for a crucial first down, is just the most senseless and badly timed offensive penalty I can think of this season. If that mental lapse doesn't happen, the rams can eat the clock down to about 4 minutes by just running 3 times and then have a better chance at the field goal. Had this cardinal sin not occurred, the rams probably win that game. I haven't checked, but I'm guessing grob has more penalties than the entire starting line, combined, and several of his penalties have been hugely responsible for 2 losses. Some of that is on the coaches. I don't know how on earth they haven't drilled into his head how that foul he committed is never, ever, to be done under any circumstances. I only saw the one replay showed on the broadcast and couldn't rewind because I was at a bar, but I literally dropped the chicken wing out of my hand and mouth when I saw it.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Am I the only one that's asking why all 5 of our OL players simultaneously took a step (or 2) backwards this year?

Let's don't overthink this, fellas.

Something else has changed, and it rhymes with "coaching".

Scheme, technique, timing, play calls, I dunno...

Playing musical chairs with the players is not addressing the real problem. Sorry.