Right out of Fisher's mouth Goff is ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
After we lose 37-9 to Buffalo, Goff starts.

Bank it.

Reporter-Earthquake-scared-gif.gif

Bruce2980

Starter
:pillowfight:
Who except a FF player gives a damn about anyone's individual stats?

You play to win the games and that is what they have been doing. Losing the rest of the team by replacing the guy leading the team to a winning record isn't good for anyone.
There is no guarantee that putting Goff in loses the rest of the team. If Goff is burning up the practice field and if all of the players and coaches are saying WTF, why isn't this guy playing for us, then putting Goff in doesn't lose the team! So maybe you forgot to preface your last sentence with an IF then statement, and not a given fact that Goff loses the team?;) As much respect as I have for Keenum, it's hard for me to say he is "the guy leading this team to a winning record," there is the defense with it's leaders and special teams is spot on. These victories are a synergistic team effort, not Keenum's. Now I would say Elway is the guy, but i digress. Go Goff, Go Rams!:pillowfight:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who except a FF player gives a damn about anyone's individual stats?

You play to win the games and that is what they have been doing. Losing the rest of the team by replacing the guy leading the team to a winning record isn't good for anyone.

I keep seeing people repeat this nonsense about "losing the team." That ain't happening. It's pure fantasy.

You're right. You play to win games. Which means that you start the best player at every position. Case Keenum isn't a starting caliber QB. The sooner the Rams replace him, the better.

Bruce2980

Starter
After we lose 37-9 to Buffalo, Goff starts.

Bank it.
Inappropriate comment;), not going to happen, Goff still starts soon, he'll beat Keenum out of the job and he will start soon. The coaches are going to field the best players, that is obviously the best guarantee of continued victory. That may also help out the o-lines run blocking and spring Gurley, can't leave the best QB on the bench for the season. If Goff is really ready, he's in soon and I don't see Fisher blowing smoke about Goff, he's got Sensebaugh on the bench, not even playing special teams because there are better players on the field.

Last edited:

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
If Goff looks better than Keenum in practice, they should start him regardless of Wins or losses! The Rams could easily be 0-4 IF the defense doesn't hold up late in the 4th quarter. I ask you guys this, would more people be asking to start Goff if the Rams are 0-4?

Goff can throw the deep ball better than Keenum which should hopefully open more running lanes for Gurley as opponents will have to respect Goffs arm.

KDS73

Rookie
He could be ready. But for me, this is one of those "what do you expect him to say?" kinda deals.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Has anyone actually listened to MTC to confirm whether he is right? Not saying Fish didn't say it but was just wondering if anyone had checked it out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think I'm changing my opinion on playing Goff sooner.

It really is good time to play him with defenses committing to stopping Gurley ; The play action pass has been open most of the time the past 2 games. With defenses committing a Safety to the Box and/or a LB spying on Gurley, it leaves either one of the TE's open, or single coverage on the outside. IMO, defenses are not going to change their defensive front in stopping Gurley unless we start scoring early in games with the Pass. By that I mean getting up by 2 scores, a minimum of 10 points.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Start Keenum untill he starts playing bad. No reason too sit him if we winning right?

There's a very big reason to sit him regardless of whether we're winning or losing. A better QB makes the Rams a better team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I would just like to say this. I like case's spunk but if Goff is ready put him in. That pass quick dropped when Peterson broke it up is the prime example. That ball took an age to get there. With Goff delivering the ball it would have been on quick's chest before Peterson knew what was happening. Now if Goff has demonstrated in practice that he would have passed that ball to quick, that is the right player, then he should start. Long term, goff has to be comfortable once the post season starts if the Rams want to go anywhere. Don't want to start him too late and him not being ready for prime time in the post season.

MFaulk107

The Realness
There's a very big reason to sit him regardless of whether we're winning or losing. A better QB makes the Rams a better team.
Tell that too Jeff. Must be some reason he isn't starting. Maybe he isn't better yet. Hard too really know if he is better if he's never played a regular season snap, I personally think that atleast. I also think the only way Goff is playing is by a Keenum injury or shitty play. Who really knows though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tell that too Jeff. Must be some reason he isn't starting. Maybe he isn't better yet. Hard too really know if he is better if he's never played a regular season snap, I personally think that atleast. I also think the only way Goff is playing is by a Keenum injury or crappy play. Who really knows though.

This doesn't make sense. If Keenum plays crappy, Goff still hasn't played a regular season snap. The Rams are going to have to determine he's the better QB without him playing a regular season snap unless Keenum gets hurt.