Report: NFL execs believe Peyton Manning will sign with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pirate87

UDFA
Name
Charlie
Give Manning an OL and let him run his offense and he will be a top 12 QB in 2016. Also judge him by how he played in the playoffs vs Pittsburgh (WR's dropped 7 balls) and the first half vs NE. The OL was total trash in the second half vs NE and in the Superbowl (record for sack %). For all his struggles early in the year he still had 5 GWD's. He will make everyone around him better and help the Rams install a Gase style offense moving forward.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for reference Mannings record in those starts was 8-2, Foles record was 4-7.
Actually it was 7-2. And Keenum is 5-2 in his last 7 starts. So by starter logic, hes pretty much as good?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not just that there is a good chance that with being another year older, he won't be as good in 2016 as in 2015 - and he wasn't good in 2015. It's that he's going to want to be paid, which means that the Rams will lose a good young player or two to free agency, either this offseason or next. I'd rather the Rams trade for a promising backup (or sign one away from another team) or draft someone to develop behind Keenum, or trust in Mannion if they think he's the future. Peyton is an all time great - but he's old, and those days are behind him. I'd rather have a younger QB, and the extra players the Rams could have without Peyton's contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually it was 7-2. And Keenum is 5-2 in his last 7 starts. So by starter logic, hes pretty much as good?
Nope but there's usually more to the story than a stat line. That's my point and yes he was 7-2 as a starter but some of those stats were in another game where he came off the bench and led the Bronco's to a win.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Osweiler hits the open market, I hope the Rams jump all over that too.
I liked Osweiler when he came out....but, you are buying mostly potential.
I would be amazed if he hits the market, but, if he does....what does it take to sign him?
$10--13M a year?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Osweiler when he came out....but, you are buying mostly potential.
I would be amazed if he hits the market, but, if he does....what does it take to sign him?
$10--13M a year?

Yuck. Not worth half of that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope but there's usually more to the story than a stat line. That's my point and yes he was 7-2 as a starter but some of those stats were in another game where he came off the bench and led the Bronco's to a win.
Yeah, there's more to a stat line is right. Like using team wins to justify a QB play.
Manning was downright awful in 2015.
Talk about a team winning in spite of its QB. So yeah, we agree there. Way more to a stat line, his W/L record is completely deceiving

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quarterbacks and their actual worth....well, you know how that goes.
I don't know what sort of salary he would demand.
I could see him getting a pretty decent deal.

That's my issue. If you're going to pay the QB premium, get one that is a difference-maker. IMO, Osweiler isn't.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's my issue. If you're going to pay the QB premium, get one that is a difference-maker. IMO, Osweiler isn't.
$10M a year is not a premium price for a QB anymore, that is my point.
That is crazy, but, I think that is reality.
Now, Damon Harrison, the Jets NT....that is a guy I would throw $7M a year at.
Replace Fairley and given the Rams a absolute premium run stuffer. I know he is a NT but I don't think he would have an issue switching to a 4/3. Sign him, work on extending Brockers and sign Hayes and the Rams Dline depth problems are on the way to being solved.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's too bad the Rams don't have the Phoenix Suns' elite training staff. If they did, bringing in old Manning would be a no brainer and he'd be a new man in 2016 and beyond.
th
th
th
th

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Why not. Re-sign Welker to go with it and see if we can convince Marvin Harrison to put off the HOF for another 5 years.

#SuperBowl

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Our coaches? Who traded for Foles and allowed him to be extended before the season?

Have you counted how many failed QBs Fisher and company have put on the field with the Rams?
Well, there is Sam--2 ACL's is not the coach's fault.
Backups to replace him--can't fault them for not finding a 1 in 1000 HOF backup like Brady
Nick Foles--only 1 season removed from a Pro Bowl--and his backup.

I'd say bad luck over bad coaching

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Well, there is Sam--2 ACL's is not the coach's fault.
Backups to replace him--can't fault them for not finding a 1 in 1000 HOF backup like Brady
Nick Foles--only 1 season removed from a Pro Bowl--and his backup.

I'd say bad luck over bad coaching
Exactly. Everyone and their brother thought we were headed for a 12-4 season after that Seattle game. Foles looked absolutely legit. That was some of the best QB play we've had since Bulger.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I hate to say it, but Manning would be the best option. He may not have the arm strength anymore, but his ability to read defenses far surpasses Keenum and Foles. Foles couldn't read a defense to save his life and Keenum's arm probably isn't any better than Manning's.