Replace Mannion with Johnny Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't judge him on that game, not with the likes of Darrel Williams at LT and Aaron Neary at Center, combined with secondary WR's struggling to get open..Mannion has shown enough in preseason, that with the one's I believe he's fine as a backup and again I cannot underscore the fact that I want to see more of QB Brandon Allen. He showed well for the Jaguars in preseason and has the ability to escape the pocket and run enough to move the chains, which offers the Rams a different dynamic at QB.

I realize preseason is not always a great barometer, however, Rams will have enough attention this season with some of the players, they don't need a Johnny Manziel, who, IMHO, is not worth the risk because quite frankly, from the neck up, he's worth a dime.
2 things,
1) Brandon Allen, remains to be seen if he was Olson’s project thanks to their history in Jax. With Olson gone, has he built any equity with Mac? Not so sure
2) these “WR who couldn’t get open”, how do we know when the qb only throws the ball 5 yards. But more importantly, if they couldn’t get open against one of the worst defenses in football, why then does it appear McVay is confident in those same guys replacing Sammy Watkins??

I get the support for Mannion, we’re Rams fans. We’ve seen the backup lead the team and be a star. Ferragamo in for Haden, Warner for Green, Bulger in for Warner and the greatest possibly of all, Tom Jarrett replacing Leo Farmsworth who replaced Joe Pendleton....

Unfortunately Mannion just doesn’t have it

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If not Johnny, then who? You guys CAN'T feel comfortable with Mannion....or do you?
I would rather go with a fresh New Face in the later rounds of the Draft then Johnny Boy!

Like:
* Kyle Lauletta - Richmond
* Logan Woodside - Toledo
* J.T. Barrett - Ohio State

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Okay, but neither does Johnny Manziel and he's a disaster. Mannion stand up guy so when presented with a better alternative, I'm on board, but Johnny Manziel? I'll pass on the dumpster fire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, but neither does Johnny Manziel and he's a disaster. Mannion stand up guy so when presented with a better alternative, I'm on board, but Johnny Manziel? I'll pass on the dumpster fire.
Well my displeasure with Mannion isn’t related to Manziel, I don’t endorse him per se. Now if he were to “win” a preseason battle and take the #2 job, I’d trust in McVay on that

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Lets grab Manziel and OBJ. That way we can call ourselves "The Psych Ward". Go big or go home, right?

Blue font af

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With regards to his playing ability, I don't think he's a better option than Mannion as the Ram backup QB, he has a different style of play to what McVay seems to want from his QBs IMO and just doesn't seem to fit.

To be fair, sometimes it's desirable to have your backup give a different look than the starter. If he has to come in during the middle of the game the defense won't be prepared.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Kaepernick

I would take him over Johnny Tricycle every time.

Both guys are way more talented than Mannion.

Not Manziel, he has almost no talent in the pros. I am originally from CLE and know fans there and loosely follow the sports scene there. He was absolutely horrible, the worst. And he looks like he weighs about 180.

Popgun arm. Can't read defenses. Too small/slight to take hits. Dumb as a rock.

He's also a woman beater. Twice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well my displeasure with Mannion isn’t related to Manziel, I don’t endorse him per se. Now if he were to “win” a preseason battle and take the #2 job, I’d trust in McVay on that

That's where we disagree because I would not want Manziel at all, he's a first class Chadrool!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the last 3 seasons, Cleveland has gone 4-44, including 6 starts with Manziel, when they were 2-4. Not saying he's any kind of messiah but dayum.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2 things,
1) Brandon Allen, remains to be seen if he was Olson’s project thanks to their history in Jax. With Olson gone, has he built any equity with Mac? Not so sure
2) these “WR who couldn’t get open”, how do we know when the qb only throws the ball 5 yards. But more importantly, if they couldn’t get open against one of the worst defenses in football, why then does it appear McVay is confident in those same guys replacing Sammy Watkins??

I get the support for Mannion, we’re Rams fans. We’ve seen the backup lead the team and be a star. Ferragamo in for Haden, Warner for Green, Bulger in for Warner and the greatest possibly of all, Tom Jarrett replacing Leo Farmsworth who replaced Joe Pendleton....

I loved Joe Pendleton...
xGXV6I7.png

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Before everything that happened this off-season, it would have been a joke for me to consider this (Go ahead and laugh, LACHAMP46!:yess:).

images

images
images

So, you finally are ready to do whatever it takes to win?

I agree....Not just Johnny....Kaep...Cutler....somebody that can look down field and deliver a pass....

Mannion doesn't have it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
images

images
images

So, you finally are ready to do whatever it takes to win?

I agree....Not just Johnny....Kaep...Cutler....somebody that can look down field and deliver a pass....

Mannion doesn't have it.
Warner still looks good...

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Manziel looks tiny, I think on the field is just as much of a problem as off.

Still think he's better than statue mannion.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I have a real hard time believing Mannion could beat out Crapernick or Tebow in TC.

He plays slow.