LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Long time lurker, first time poster.
My name is Rick and I've been a Rams fan since the 80's.
I was born in L.A. yet grew up and came of age in Niner country. I'm currently living in Sacramento.
I never saw the Rams play in L.A. but I have flown out to see them play in the dome and I've seen quite a few games playing the niners in candlestick (god I hate that stadium).

For the record, I'm supportive of the current front office and still have quite a bit of faith in Bradford's ability and I'm keeping my fingers crossed his injuries are bad luck and not a sign of the rest of his career.
Oh and 1999 was a dream come true. I knew the team was special in the pre-season. (even though I cannot describe how much my heart sank when Green went down)

Go Rams!

Rick

Alan

Legend
rdw with another unpronounceable name dipping his toe in:
Saying stuff.
Welcome to the ROD rdw! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
If you've been a long time lurker there probably isn't anything I can tell you that you don't already know but welcome to our community. My question is why so long to jump into the pool?
images

We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.
Haile Selassie

This is in honor of one of our long time members and I hope to post one for you in the future. :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Long time lurker, first time poster.
My name is Rick and I've been a Rams fan since the 80's.
I was born in L.A. yet grew up and came of age in Niner country. I'm currently living in Sacramento.
I never saw the Rams play in L.A. but I have flown out to see them play in the dome and I've seen quite a few games playing the niners in candlestick (god I hate that stadium).

For the record, I'm supportive of the current front office and still have quite a bit of faith in Bradford's ability and I'm keeping my fingers crossed his injuries are bad luck and not a sign of the rest of his career.
Oh and 1999 was a dream come true. I knew the team was special in the pre-season. (even though I cannot describe how much my heart sank when Green went down)

Go Rams!

Rick

Welcome aboard!

Lots of great avatars here, but yours is absolutely SICK. Nice!

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Hi, My name in Cindy. You can all me Ewe. I've been a Rams fan since I was 6 years old. My older brothers helped inflame my Rams addiction. Dad and one of my brothers coached high school football in Texas, so I've sat in on many film sessions, taking notes for my dad, and helping diagram my brothers offensive and defensive game plans. I have a decent football IQ.

I have a history of being hassled on Ram Fan sites, because I'm a female. Only a few men have harassed me, but they were persistent and ugly. The majority of Rams fans have always treated me with respect and kindness. I received a note a few days ago from Isiah58 on RamsBuzz. He told me to try out ROD one more time. So here I am.

Please don't treat me with kid gloves. I don't want men to tiptoe thru the tulips for me. Don't sensor your language for me. I don't mind cursing, dirty jokes, debating all things Rams, I can take it all! But I will not tolerate misogynist personal attacks!

Misogynist male are invisible to their male counterparts on Football dominated Fan sites. Other men don't notice them. But, add a female to the site, then suddenly 2 or 3 men emerge like canker sores, angry that a woman crashed their stag party. "It only takes one bad apple to soil the whole bunch girl." "Thus sayeth Donny Osmond" It works both ways. Go join a Sylvia Plath poetry fan site, and watch Feminazis swarm, scorn, and ridicule you just because you have penis.

Don't be shy! If you disagree with my football point of view, feel free to attack my viewpoint with stats, wit, different perspectives, and logic. You may convince moi. It's OK for me to be wrong...I just don't stay wrong. However if We begin to sound like a broken record, repeating the same stale argument ad nauseum, I will ask you to agree to disagree. Fair enough?

I look forward to knowing each and everyone of you!

PhxRam

Hi, My name in Cindy. You can all me Ewe. I've been a Rams fan since I was 6 years old. My older brothers helped inflame my Rams addiction. Dad and one of my brothers coached high school football in Texas, so I've sat in on many film sessions, taking notes for my dad, and helping diagram my brothers offensive and defensive game plans. I have a decent football IQ.

I have a history of being hassled on Ram Fan sites, because I'm a female. Only a few men have harassed me, but they were persistent and ugly. The majority of Rams fans have always treated me with respect and kindness. I received a note a few days ago from Isiah58 on RamsBuzz. He told me to try out ROD one more time. So here I am.

Please don't treat me with kid gloves. I don't want men to tiptoe thru the tulips for me. Don't sensor your language for me. I don't mind cursing, dirty jokes, debating all things Rams, I can take it all! But I will not tolerate misogynist personal attacks!

Misogynist male are invisible to their male counterparts on Football dominated Fan sites. Other men don't notice them. But, add a female to the site, then suddenly 2 or 3 men emerge like canker sores, angry that a woman crashed their stag party. "It only takes one bad apple to soil the whole bunch girl." "Thus sayeth Donny Osmond" It works both ways. Go join a Sylvia Plath poetry fan site, and watch Feminazis swarm, scorn, and ridicule you just because you have penis.

Don't be shy! If you disagree with my football point of view, feel free to attack my viewpoint with stats, wit, different perspectives, and logic. You may convince moi. It's OK for me to be wrong...I just don't stay wrong. However if We begin to sound like a broken record, repeating the same stale argument ad nauseum, I will ask you to agree to disagree. Fair enough?

Welcome back Cindy.. I am glad to see you here.

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe sticking her dainty toe into the painted turtle infested waters and making wild promises:
Welcome to the ROD Ewe! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :wabbit: :seizure: :lifting: :rockon: :cheers:

I like to think of us as a community here and like all communities we have an occasional black sheep. They are soon forced to find greener pastures so I think you'll like it here. I've read your stuff at the Rams Buzz many times and I know you have a keen analytical football mind and a wealth of knowledge concerning the Rams. We can always use another poster like you here.

There are a few things that I should clue you in about that will make things go even smoother for you.

The first thing you need to understand is the use of blue font. Blue font is used when we're joking around and it often changes the meanings of the sentence to the exact opposite of what the words say. Using blue font helps to eliminate misunderstandings.

The second thing I should warn you about is the occasional disparaging comment about zn. He's probably a friend of yours so please understand that there are many posters here who don't have many good memories of his stay here and elsewhere so I'll apologize in advance for those comments.

The third thing you need to know is that I'm just another poster here and you don't need to listen to anything I say. Although to be fair to myself, I am a young and brilliant poster who is rarely, if ever, wrong about anything I say. :)

One more thing. I have vision problems and because of them I make a lot of mistakes in my posts. Both grammatical and in content. I always review my posts after I post them and make the appropriate changes and additions/deletions in content. Please give me a few minutes to edit my posts before responding to them. Sorry about that. :(
images

When we love and make loving commitments, we create families and communities within which people can grow and take risks, knowing that hands will be there to catch them should they fall.
Jonathan Sacks

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

You and ROD sound like a perfect match!

Welcome!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Welcome rdw! And welcome to you as well, Rams and Ewe! It's good to have a female point of view on the NFL, or anything else for that matter(my wife made me type that). :)

Muleman

UDFA
Hello, Muleman here. Some call me Jeff.
I have been a Ram fan since the 4th grade when my Dad took me to my first game. It was St Louis Cardinals hosting the Rams. I honestly can't say I remember much about the game itself, however those Rams made a big impression on me that stuck and my passion for the Rams has never wained. We sat just a few rows back from the Rams bench, holy cow were those guys big and scary looking, I loved it.
It was tuff growing up a Rams fan surrounded by Cardinals, Chiefs and those occasional obnoxious Cowboy fans but I stood tall.
For the most part the Rams have treated me well, later on they relocated to St. Louis, which I viewed as a sign from God, that I was living right. My favorite team was moving to what I called my home city, even though I grew up in an rural area about an hour and a half to the west. Then the Greatest Show on Turf arose from the ashes along with those two trips to the Super Bowl. (I was at the preseason game against the Chargers when Trent Green had his knee destroyed, longest hour and half ride home ever). Life was good and boy was I having fun with those Chiefs and Cowboy fans. Most of those old Cardinals fan saw light and I allowed them to enjoy my Rams with me.
I don't have season tickets since I now live about 7 hours away, but do make it a priority to make at least one game a year. I have been long time DirecTV subscriber just to get my Rams fix, that i so badly need on a weekly basis during the season. I can honestly say that I can probably count the number of days on one hand that I haven't been online reading about my Rams each year since we got a home computer years ago. The funny thing is that of all the sites I have visited and thousands of post I have read I never really felt like registering and adding my viewpoint until today. I have come to the conclusion that the ROD has the most knowledgable and pure Rams fans I have found. Not sure how much I will post or reply as I'm known for listening more than I speak (unless Jim Beam and I are visiting) but I can only hope that I can add a little value or insight to the readers that have gave so much to me. Thanks to each for such a wonderful site.
Go Rams,
Muleman

PhxRam

Hello, Muleman here. Some call me Jeff.
I have been a Ram fan since the 4th grade when my Dad took me to my first game. It was St Louis Cardinals hosting the Rams. I honestly can't say I remember much about the game itself, however those Rams made a big impression on me that stuck and my passion for the Rams has never wained. We sat just a few rows back from the Rams bench, holy cow were those guys big and scary looking, I loved it.
It was tuff growing up a Rams fan surrounded by Cardinals, Chiefs and those occasional obnoxious Cowboy fans but I stood tall.
For the most part the Rams have treated me well, later on they relocated to St. Louis, which I viewed as a sign from God, that I was living right. My favorite team was moving to what I called my home city, even though I grew up in an rural area about an hour and a half to the west. Then the Greatest Show on Turf arose from the ashes along with those two trips to the Super Bowl. (I was at the preseason game against the Chargers when Trent Green had his knee destroyed, longest hour and half ride home ever). Life was good and boy was I having fun with those Chiefs and Cowboy fans. Most of those old Cardinals fan saw light and I allowed them to enjoy my Rams with me.
I don't have season tickets since I now live about 7 hours away, but do make it a priority to make at least one game a year. I have been long time DirecTV subscriber just to get my Rams fix, that i so badly need on a weekly basis during the season. I can honestly say that I can probably count the number of days on one hand that I haven't been online reading about my Rams each year since we got a home computer years ago. The funny thing is that of all the sites I have visited and thousands of post I have read I never really felt like registering and adding my viewpoint until today. I have come to the conclusion that the ROD has the most knowledgable and pure Rams fans I have found. Not sure how much I will post or reply as I'm known for listening more than I speak (unless Jim Beam and I are visiting) but I can only hope that I can add a little value or insight to the readers that have gave so much to me. Thanks to each for such a wonderful site.
Go Rams,
Muleman

Good write up Jeff. I am sure once you familiarize yourself with the place and get to know more about the posters here you will find yourself posting more frequently. Other view points and opinions are what makes this place work.

Glad to have you aboard.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hey Muleman, welcome. Yeah, I can remember the "love at first horns" experience. I've never been able to shake it either nor do I want to. :)

Marleau

UDFA
Hi. I've been a longtime Rams fan from back when they were in LA and Vince Ferragamo was the QB. I grew up in 49er and Raiders territory, however, but please don't hold that against me. :)
I live in the beautiful North West now which doesn't bode well for getting many Rams games or news.
I don't pretend to know much about the Rams anymore...so if I don't post much in those types of threads...that's why. But I love to read what everyone else has to say.
I was looking for a place to enjoy where I could do just that and a couple of friends were nice enough to tell me about this place.
I look forward to finding my way around here and to getting to know you all.
Thanks! :)

RmsLegends

Rookie
Hi. I've been a longtime Rams fan from back when they were in LA and Vince Ferragamo was the QB. I grew up in 49er and Raiders territory, however, but please don't hold that against me. :)
I live in the beautiful North West now which doesn't bode well for getting many Rams games or news.
I don't pretend to know much about the Rams anymore...so if I don't post much in those types of threads...that's why. But I love to read what everyone else has to say.
I was looking for a place to enjoy where I could do just that and a couple of friends were nice enough to tell me about this place.

Welcome to the board avoid CGI though he seems nice, but he is a wolf in Rams skin ;) Welcome and enjoy :)

PhxRam

Time to find you a new avatar. maybe fix up your profile page while we are out shopping.

Marleau

UDFA
Time to find you a new avatar. maybe fix up your profile page while we are out shopping.
I should have added I'm not very savvy when it comes to those kinds of things! lol Bear with me. I'll try and find my way! :)